• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Father alone is God

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
1. Yes it has been made aware to me that the Trinitarian Doctrine is the foundation of trinitarian believers. No matter what verse is shown they will find a way to interpret a Triune God no matter how many universal meanings of pronouns, certain adjectives and percentages, along with greater than and less than signs " >, < " are ignored.

2. Might I remind you the duty of men and love of God?

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Joh 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

3. Might I remind you the will of God?

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Joh 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

4. Might I remind you That Christ came in God's name and was subservient to his works?

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

5. Might I remind you that the Head of Christ to Jesus followers is God?

1Co 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

6. I could go on an on but Mat 13:14

Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Love of God, is of the Father
Commandments of God, is of The Father
Will of God, is of The Father
Authority of God, is of The Father
Works of God, is of The Father
All things are of God our Father the only true God.
None of this diatribe remotely responds to my post.

Iymus

None of this diatribe remotely responds to my post.

1. You accused me of a diatribe yet I perceive no untrue statement in words.

2. Perhaps because you refuse precepts.

Psa 119:104 KJV Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

3. What part of God is not a man both metaphorically and literally does one not understand?

Num 23:19 KJV God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Act 17:30 KJV And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31 KJV Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Mat 23:9 KJV And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Joh 8:40 KJV But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

Joh 8:42 KJV Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Joh 17:3 KJV And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

5. God gave Peter discernment of who the Son of Man is.

Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

6. Nowhere in Bible it says literally The Son of The Living God is fully God and fully Man . That is interpreted of certain men.

Jud 1:4 KJV For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Maria Odete

Hello,
God YAHWEH'S Word, the Bible, makes it very clear that God YAHWEH is Alone the Only True God.

Here below is a Holy Scripture that proves that God YAHWEH is Alone the Only True God:

Psalm 83:18:" Let men know that You, Whose Name Alone is YAHWEH, are the Supreme Head over all the earth!"-The Holy Scriptures

Maria Odete

lostwanderingsoul

Hello,
God YAHWEH'S Word, the Bible, makes it very clear that God YAHWEH is Alone the Only True God.

Here below is a Holy Scripture that proves that God YAHWEH is Alone the Only True God:

Psalm 83:18:" Let men know that You, Whose Name Alone is YAHWEH, are the Supreme Head over all the earth!"-The Holy Scriptures

Maria Odete
One God made up of a Father and a Son.

MNoBody

what happened to honor your Father and Mother?
leaving her out of the picture sure looks misogynistic.o_O and disregards:cool: that commandment entirely:rolleyes:
weird, eh!o_O

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see Jesus as Christ the Son, is not the Father and is not God.

I see Christ as the Son, returns as the Father and the Father is not God.

Both the Son and the Father are One and do as God Wills.

Regards Tony

Maria Odete

Hello lostwanderingsoul,

I'm a Witness, as well a Servant of My God YAHWEH. It's my duty to use The Bible, God YAHWEH'S Holy Word , to back- up my comment (s).

Isaiah 43:10,,11,12,10):"You are My witnesses, says Yahweh, and My servants whom I have chosen; so you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He! Before Me there was no god (el) formed, nor will there be after Me.(11): "I even I ; am Yahweh; and beside Me there is no savior." (12): I have declared, and I have saved, and I will have showed; and no strange god (el) is among you! Therefore, you are my witnesses, says Yahweh: that I AM YAHWEH !"- The Holy Scriptures

Isaiah 45:18:" For this is what Yahweh, Who created the heavens , Who is the Father, Who formed the earth and made it, Who has established it, Who did not create it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited, says: I am Yahweh, and there is no other source of power!" - The Holy Scriptures

Isaiah 45:21:" Speak out, bring your proofs near ; yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has foretold it from that time? Have not I, Yahweh? And there is no source of power except Me, a just Father and a Savior; there is none but Me."- The Holy Scriptures

________________________________________________________________________________________

Maria Odete

Last edited by a moderator:

Maria Odete

Hello lostwanderingsoul,

I'm a Witness, as well a Servant of My God YAHWEH. It's my duty to use The Bible, God YAHWEH'S Holy Word , to back- up my comment (s).

Isaiah 43:10,,11,12:(10):"You are My witnesses, says Yahweh, and My servants whom I have chosen; so you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He! Before Me there was no god (el) formed, nor will there be after Me.(11): "I even I ; am Yahweh; and beside Me there is no savior." (12): I have declared, and I have saved, and I will have showed; and no strange god (el) is among you! Therefore, you are my witnesses, says Yahweh: that I AM YAHWEH !"- The Holy Scriptures

Isaiah 45:18:" For this is what Yahweh, Who created the heavens , Who is the Father, Who formed the earth and made it, Who has established it, Who did not create it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited, says: I am Yahweh, and there is no other source of power!" - The Holy Scriptures

Isaiah 45:21:" Speak out, bring your proofs near ; yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has foretold it from that time? Have not I, Yahweh? And there is no source of power except Me, a just Father and a Savior; there is none but Me."- The Holy Scriptures

________________________________________________________________________________________

Maria Odete

Maria Odete

I want to say that I DID NOT insert an emogi in my last post. Whoever did this is GUILTY!

I only submitted one post ONLY- not 2 same posts as it shows on this thread.I don't trust this forum, and I will NOT post here again!

Sincerely,

Maria Odete

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

Hello lostwanderingsoul,

Isaiah 43:10,,11,12:(10):"You are My witnesses, says Yahweh, and My servants whom I have chosen; so you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He! Before Me there was no god (el) formed, nor will there be after Me.(11): "I even I ; am Yahweh; and beside Me there is no savior." (12): I have declared, and I have saved, and I will have showed; and no strange god (el) is among you! Therefore, you are my witnesses, says Yahweh: that I AM YAHWEH !"- The Holy Scriptures

Maria Odete
Thank you for this. But my Bible says that in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God. That sounds like two persons.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If the Father and son are one, why would Jesus say the father was greater than himself? Doesn't sound like one and doesn't sound like two equal beings.

Jesus as Christ also says;

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one."

This has been explained in detail by the Father, Baha'u'llah.

We have to consider that Jesus said He had much more to say unto us.

Regards Tony

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Word was with God and the Word was God. What we call "God" is a "family" consisting of a father and a son. The father is not the son and the son is not the father but both are part of the same "family" or "group" or whatever you want to call it thath we call God. The same as I am not my son and my son is not me but we are one family.

I believe it is not a family because it has only one Spirit. It is a family in concept only.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I believe so.
but I do not

my previous post was rhetorical
to give a second thought to those who recite the Lord's Prayer

we declare ourselves sons of God as the Prayer begins

heaven hears it
and so too the Devil as he stands right behind you

shall we go to our closets and pray?
knowing the actual situation

moorea944

1. In this verse He equates Himself with the Father.

Absolutely not!! Jesus never did that! He always gave God the glory in everything. Jesus is saying here that he is in the same way of thinking than his father. Jesus knows his father's will and they are both on the same page. How can a "man" be co-equal with the Creator of the Universe? Doesnt make sense does it....

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
[QUOTE="mailmandan, post: 6471755, member: 67980"]I believe the Bible makes it clear that Jesus is God. Matthew 1:23 - Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

John 1:1 clearly says - In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and "the Word was God." John 1:14 says that "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us." I believe this clearly indicates that Jesus is God in the flesh.

In John 8:58, Jesus declared, "I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM." Again, in response, the Jews take up stones in an attempt to stone Jesus (John 8:59). Why would the Jews want to stone Jesus if He didn't say something they believed to be blasphemous, namely, a claim to be God? John repeatedly tells us of the Lord's connection to "I Am". See John: 4:26, 8:24, 8:28, 8:58, and 13:19.

In John 20:27, Jesus said to Thomas - "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing." 28 - And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

In John 14:28, Jesus said, "..for My Father is greater than I." Yet I believe that Jesus was speaking from His HUMANITY here yet when Jesus said in John 10:30 - "I and My Father are one," I believe He was speaking from His DIVINITY.

Colossians 2:9 (NKJV) For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. Colossians 2:9 - (Amplified) For in Him all the fullness of Deity (the Godhead) dwells in bodily form [completely expressing the divine essence of God].

Hebrews 1:8 - But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.[/QUOTE]

One's believing is incorrect, please:

Jesus and or Mary always worshiped and prayed to "God-the-Father" and never worshiped or prayed to "Jesus god" or "Holy Ghost god". If yes, then please quote from Jesus. Right, please?
Will one now like to correct one's believing accordingly, please? Right friend, please?

Regards