• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fasting

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It's a sugar, caffeine, and nicotine fast - 8 month duration. It'll help decrease my intake of these after the 8 month fast. It's definitely NOT an all food fast. It'll help cleanse my system-
It certainly will. You would be in a better shape than you are today. Go ahead. Also reduce on salt intake, while you are doing other nice things.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
It certainly will. You would be in a better shape than you are today. Go ahead. Also reduce on salt intake, while you are doing other nice things.

Sugar, caffeine, nicotine, and salt? That's a tall order for a man like me. Decreasing may not be terrible, but total abstinence from may do more harm than good. At this point I'm thinking decrease only - these have been a mainstay for nearly 40 years now. That's 4 decades and most my life.

Could abstinence prove detrimental after 40 years of devoted consumption?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
At this point I'm thinking decrease only - these have been a mainstay for nearly 40 years now. That's 4 decades and most my life.
Could abstinence prove detrimental after 40 years of devoted consumption?
I mean decrease only, not abstinence from anything.
No. decrease or abstinence will not harm you. I was off smoking and drinking for months (Covid restrictions), that did not harm me. I am off eggs and meat during this month because of my wife's belief (Shravana, Shiva's month). I will survive. :)