• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fascination with evil

WalterTrull

Godfella

Aaghh! Those experiments are truly sadistic. Is that type of study still allowed? Mengele jumps to my mind. (OK, OK Emotional response.)

Curiosity about evil isn't a bad thing if it helps us prevent it.

I really, really want to shout WRONG! But I have no rationale, - yet. I’ll think. (What’s with emotion today? – I think I’ve got some knee jerks to work on, - also ending sentences with prepositions.)

Laika

Premium Member
Is that type of study still allowed?

No. I don't think that kind of "human experimentation" is considered "ethical" practice amongst psychologists anymore. I'm under the impression that it was much more de-regulated in the 1970's but has tightened up since.

I really, really want to shout WRONG! But I have no rationale, - yet. I’ll think. (What’s with emotion today? – I think I’ve got some knee jerks to work on, - also ending sentences with prepositions.)

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. lol. ;)