• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farout, Dude!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
'Farout!' Newfound Object Is the Farthest Solar System Body Ever Spotted
A newly discovered object is the most-distant body ever observed in the solar system — and the first object ever found orbiting at more than 100 times the distance from Earth to the sun.

The discovery team nicknamed the object "Farout," and its provisional designation from the International Astronomical Union is 2018 VG18. Preliminary research suggests it's a round, pinkish dwarf planet. The same team spotted a faraway dwarf planet nicknamed "The Goblin" in October.

Earthling

David Henson
A newly discovered object is the most-distant body ever observed in the solar system — and the first object ever found orbiting at more than 100 times the distance from Earth to the sun.

The discovery team nicknamed the object "Farout," and its provisional designation from the International Astronomical Union is 2018 VG18. Preliminary research suggests it's a round, pinkish dwarf planet. The same team spotted a faraway dwarf planet nicknamed "The Goblin" in October.

If they had taught Farout and The Goblin when I was a kid I might have taken an interest in science, rather than the paleoart I was introduced to as a bored un-impressionable lad.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If they had taught Farout and The Goblin when I was a kid I might have taken an interest in science, rather than the paleoart I was introduced to as a bored un-impressionable lad.
I thought astronomy was pretty interesting back in the day,
but there's so much more to entertain now.

Earthling

David Henson
I thought astronomy was pretty interesting back in the day,
but there's so much more to entertain now.

Well, you see, there, it may just have been me. I can look at glorious photographs of the universe or entertain the concept of life in outer space for . . . about 20 minutes, tops, and I'm bored.

The same with Egyptian history.

But, especially if these classes were taken in the early part of the day, as I'm not really a morning person.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, you see, there, it may just have been me. I can look at glorious photographs of the universe or entertain the concept of life in outer space for . . . about 20 minutes, tops, and I'm bored.

The same with Egyptian history.

But, especially if these classes were taken in the early part of the day, as I'm not really a morning person.

Well, there's your problem.
It's not interesting to just look at pictures.
I learned about astronomy by watching documentaries, eg,
Lost In Space, My Favorite Martian, The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Earthling

David Henson

I hear you. For me it was Douglas Adams and Frank Herbert.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Don't believe a word of it. It's all fake news created by the liberal astronomy press to embarrass Trump.

Rough Beast Sloucher

It's My Birthday!

So when is the Flash Gordon future going to happen, like flying to other planets in a few hours in a spaceship the size of a bus?

Thief

Rogue Theologian

some people have waaaay too much time on their hands