• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farley?

SoliDeoGloria

I guess what I am trying to say is that he brought more joy and laughter to people (many he had never even met) which in itself is difficult to the point of being worthy.

Couldn't agree more.

Much of the irresponsibility was to himself (the drugs, being overweight, the alternate lifestyle). From the interviews I have seen of the people who knew him in the capacity of co-worker or friend, he seems to have been well-remembered as a decent individual. Maybe we have watched two different retrospectives.

Oh no, we probably watched the same retrospective. I think that you are just trying to make it look like I am trying to make Chris Farley look like a bad person which is not the case. While the show we both watched did make him look like a very decent and even religious person, it also concetrated on his shortfalls. From a Biblical prospective, doing harm to one's self is just as bad as harming another (1 Cor. 6:12-20; James 2:10) although I wasn't refferencing his wight "problems" but more the drugs and alternative lifestyle.

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria

athanasius

Perhaps he ended up in purgatory for a while to be purified. God only knows where he ended up at, But we should pray for him. Amen.

Bishka

Veteran Member
athanasius said:
Perhaps he ended up in purgatory for a while to be purified. God only knows where he ended up at, But we should pray for him. Amen.

How kind, but I thought the Catholic Church said purgatory wasn't a doctrine?

athanasius

The Catholic church always had said Purgatory was a dogma or doctrine of faith. Our Catholic Catechsim(The official normal teaching) talks about the reality of purgatory(Catechism of the Catholic church Paragraphs 1030-1032)

You may be thinking of Limbo. Limbo was NEVER a doctrine. It was a THEOLOGICAL THEORY that some in the church were allowed to teach. Theories can change with scholarship and time, but God given Dogmas or Doctrines can NEVER change becuase they are part of divine revelation that God givs us.

Thanks for asking, I know this seems to confuse alot of non-Cathlics. I appreciate your honesty. Lets pray for the soul of Christ Farely and entrust him to God. Amen!