1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Family, Race, Religion

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by CamelSpider, Apr 20, 2017.

1. CamelSpider

CamelSpider Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Religion:
    Atheism
    Family is a product of mother, father and child. Race is a result of genetics (which are the result of conditioning and mutation). Where reproductive intercourse is concerned, it is in the person's best interest to consider race, even if that reproductive intercourse is with a person of another race; to judge the race of the potential baby. It's wise to understand yourself as exclusive to your own race, so that other races appear as other races rather than duplicate. Otherwise you may find it difficult to find your own race attractive, as you imagine your race competition against others.

I, a white race male, happily submit to other races, priror to reproductive sexual intercourse with my own race - avoiding competition (it's distracting).

I wondr, in cases of religion, does it help to submit to the deity of other religions when considering your own?

2. columbus

columbus Conservative Catholic from Hell

Ratings:
    +5,747
    Religion:
    None
    Not all of us are that irrational about the tiny differences between phenotypes, so we don't have the problem you do.
    Tom

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. CamelSpider

CamelSpider Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Religion:
    Atheism
    I wouldn't be so sure!

In your post, do you you stand up for a view of racial equality? If so, why?

4. Jayhawker Soule

Jayhawker Soule <yawn> ignore </yawn>
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,541
    Religion:
    Judaism
    ... demonstrate an ugly and sophomoric fixation that we've seen far too often.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bobhikes

bobhikes Liveinthenowist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +882
    There is one race the Human race divisions between humans are ethnic.

I am of European(French,Dutch,Lithuainian,Irish) decent, my wife is of american decent(El Savaldoranian), my children have both ethnicity's. Family is more than mother and father but aunts, uncles, cousins, and nephews, born, adopted or foster cared for in this group of relatives and for me a very close friend.

As to attraction the greater your range the better for you. Monarch's of the past by dating only within there group started to produced inherently sick offspring, see the term blue bloods and what it means.

I don't know how race and religion in your mind are related, that statement for me makes no sense.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CamelSpider

CamelSpider Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Religion:
    Atheism
    I never said that they are related, but I made a distinction.

As for human race, do you mean human species? I don't understand the term human race, care to elaborate? : )

7. columbus

Ratings:
    +5,747
    Religion:
    None
    I am absolutely sure.
    I grew up in a really white world. I wasn't taught racism, quite the opposite. But I just absorbed it from my environment, like nutrients and language and gender norms. As a young adult I had to work to overcome that. I did, successfully enough to wind up on the staff of the local NAACP. The only gay white atheist on it, I am pretty good at some things.
    Because it matches my morality. That is based on the premise:"Since there is no God who cares about humans we must care about each other, or it just won't happen".
    That includes everybody from unborn babies, to black people, to criminals and drug addicts, everybody.
    Tom

• Like Like x 3
  8. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Misanthropic Humanist

Ratings:
    +8,100
    Does anyone actually understand what any of this means?

• Like Like x 6
  9. A Vestigial Mote

A Vestigial Mote Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +525
    Religion:
    ?
    I think (though I am not entirely sure, mind you), that the original post is an attempt at "softly" engaging in a discussion about how racism is justifiable. This is likely so that the poster himself can either find like-minded individuals, or in hopes that his own racist views will find some justification through acceptance by others.

But I have to admit that he has done a pretty good job miring the point(s?) in abstraction and obscurity.

10. bobhikes

bobhikes Liveinthenowist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +882
    The free dictionary online
    race 1

(rās)
    n.
    1. A group of people identified as distinct from other groups because of supposed physical or genetic traits shared bythe group. Most biologists and anthropologists do not recognize race as a biologically valid classification, in partbecause there is more genetic variation within groups than between them.

Being that there are more genetic variations within so called groups than between so called groups. There is by definition 1 race the Human race.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. CamelSpider

CamelSpider Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Religion:
    Atheism
    That's wonderful! However, morality is a different context.

You can say you love everybody, but then there is the same view from another human, or even another race.

In the context of race specifically, as with your first reply, do you not try to support racial equality?

(some information is only available in the midst of conversation).

12. hadrianus

hadrianus prophet Dr. Oetker

Ratings:
    +144
    Religion:
    none (nontheist)
    www.stormfront.com , it means.... But sure he will say he hates it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. columbus

Ratings:
    +5,747
    Religion:
    None
    I don't think it is a different context. Given the divisions created in my culture by irrational racism, I think it an extremely important moral issue.

I am not sure what you mean by that. I think the answer is not exactly, I try not to be irrational when I categorize the people around me. I recognize that phenotypes are extremely superficial, although they can indicate cultural differences under some circumstances. But not always, and that doesn't impact my underlying moral and ethical beliefs.
    Tom

14. columbus

Ratings:
    +5,747
    Religion:
    None
    Yeah, I do to an extent. I grew up in white Christian suburban Indiana. Racism was all over the place.
    The attitudes in the OP aren't unfamiliar to me at all.
    Tom

15. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Misanthropic Humanist

Ratings:
    +8,100
    Yeah, I don't mean the message or attitude. I mean his actual words and sentences. I can't pull apart anything cogent from that semantical mess.

• Like Like x 1
  16. columbus

Ratings:
    +5,747
    Religion:
    None
    What does this mean to you?
    Tom

17. bobhikes

bobhikes Liveinthenowist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +882
    Yeah, it was tough, I could get the jist except for that last line about religion. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

18. columbus

Ratings:
    +5,747
    Religion:
    None
    Maybe I do because I still live in southern Indiana and statements like
    aren't uncommon.
    Tom

19. Augustus

Augustus the Unreasonable

Ratings:
    +3,898
    Religion:
    none
    Oooh, you giant racist...

That's an official "microaggression" according to the University of Minnesota. You are "denying the individual as a racial / cultural being" you massive Hitler you. You'll be invading Poland before the week's out if nobody stops you.

Klansmen Klanspeople are not welcome round these parts. Shame :nogood:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. bobhikes

bobhikes Liveinthenowist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +882
    Neat chart, I also use America is a melting pot, you speak good english, where are you from and where are you born, So I must be a racist!