• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family prayer for the week 6-26-05

Scott1

Family prayer for the week of 6-26-05

June 26, 2005, 13th Sunday in Ordinary Time

“If anyone gives so much as a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is a disciple, then I tell you solemnly, he will most certainly not lose his reward.” (Matthew 10:42)

READINGS:
1. 2 Kings 4:8-11, 14-16a
2. Romans 6:3-4, 8-11
3. Matthew 10:37-42

REFLECTION: The themes of this Sunday’s gospel deal with hospitality, with welcoming others and of our baptism into Christ. Paul reminds us that in baptism we leave our old selves behind and rise to new life in Christ. Jesus assures us that as we welcome others, we welcome Him.

PRAYER: I thank you Lord, my God, for hands for helping. May my hands extend to others in welcome. May they never hurt, but heal with gentle touch. May they be raised to you in prayer. Amen.

FAMILY DISCUSSION/ACTIVITY:

Monday:
After praying, decide some special way you could use your hands today for others.

Tuesday:
This week we celebrate the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Spend some time today reflecting on the heart of Jesus.

Wednesday:
Pray the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary today for all hearts that are suffering at this time.

Thursday:
Spend some time today in prayer especially reflecting on some way you might open your heart to change.

Friday:
Invite friends and family to a cookout tonight as a gesture of hospitality.

Saturday:
We remember this week the Immaculate Heart of Mary, the heart of a loving Mother. Pray that you may share some of her open Spirit to God.

PRAYER: Lord, our God, as Mary welcomed your word into her heart, may we too make room for you. Amen.

www.hcfm.org