• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Falwell - Another Trump supporter bites the dust

ecco

Veteran Member
Falwell - Another Trump supporter bites the dust. Some just fall harder than others.

Liberty University Doubles Down After Falwell Denies Reports Of His Resignation
The latest breach between Falwell and the university founded by his father, the late Rev. Jerry Falwell, comes on the heels of an investigation published by Reuters in which Falwell's former business partner, Giancarlo Granda, claimed he had a multiyear sexual relationship with Falwell's wife, Becki, which involved Falwell looking on while the pair engaged in sex acts.
Falwell has been at the center of multiple controversies in recent years, including questionable business dealings, accusations of racial insensitivity, complaints about his management style and allegations of other behavior considered inappropriate for the leader of a conservative religious institution.

Trump attorney and fixer Michael Cohen – who has since been convicted of federal campaign violations and of lying to Congress – helped arrange Falwell's endorsement of Trump.

Separately, Reuters has reported that Cohen helped the Falwells arrange to keep private a set of potentially embarrassing photographs.

Liberty, whose campus is in Lynchburg, Va., holds its students to a strict moral code, which includes prohibitions on sex outside of marriage and same-sex relationships.

Some evangelical Christians critical of Trump, including some Liberty students, have objected to Falwell Jr.'s vocal support for the president since early on in the 2016 Republican primary. His endorsement was seen as an important step toward helping Trump coalesce support from this important Republican voting bloc.
Ya gotta love the hypocrisy.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Falwell's former business partner, Giancarlo Granda, claimed he had a multiyear sexual relationship with Falwell's wife, Becki, which involved Falwell looking on while the pair engaged in sex acts.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Tom

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I've tried to start this post with something positive,

But...crap is crap !

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No surprise with Falwell Jr., and "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree": Several decades ago, one of my young coworkers, who was the niece of Falwell Sr., said that she spent 1-2 weeks every summer at his place in Virginia. She had nothing good to say about him, let me tell ya. OTOH, she said that his wife as like a living saint.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Falwell - Another Trump supporter bites the dust. Some just fall harder than others.

Liberty University Doubles Down After Falwell Denies Reports Of His Resignation
The latest breach between Falwell and the university founded by his father, the late Rev. Jerry Falwell, comes on the heels of an investigation published by Reuters in which Falwell's former business partner, Giancarlo Granda, claimed he had a multiyear sexual relationship with Falwell's wife, Becki, which involved Falwell looking on while the pair engaged in sex acts.
Falwell has been at the center of multiple controversies in recent years, including questionable business dealings, accusations of racial insensitivity, complaints about his management style and allegations of other behavior considered inappropriate for the leader of a conservative religious institution.

Trump attorney and fixer Michael Cohen – who has since been convicted of federal campaign violations and of lying to Congress – helped arrange Falwell's endorsement of Trump.

Separately, Reuters has reported that Cohen helped the Falwells arrange to keep private a set of potentially embarrassing photographs.

Liberty, whose campus is in Lynchburg, Va., holds its students to a strict moral code, which includes prohibitions on sex outside of marriage and same-sex relationships.

Some evangelical Christians critical of Trump, including some Liberty students, have objected to Falwell Jr.'s vocal support for the president since early on in the 2016 Republican primary. His endorsement was seen as an important step toward helping Trump coalesce support from this important Republican voting bloc.
Ya gotta love the hypocrisy.
Gotta be like David or Solomon. ;0)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Pics or it didn't happen.

So he took a leave of absence for no reason. So Liberty wants him gone for no reason?

Personally I don't need to see pictures. When a bomb goes off, I don't need to see a picture of the bomb striking. The hole in the ground with the shockwaves from the blast is more than sufficient.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So he took a leave of absence for no reason. So Liberty wants him gone for no reason?

Personally I don't need to see pictures. When a bomb goes off, I don't need to see a picture of the bomb striking. The hole in the ground with the shockwaves from the blast is more than sufficient.
He's joking.
Salacious humor.
My gawd, even I get it.
And I'm the most socially clueless poster on RF.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Grifting is the latest rage in conservative media. You can make a pretty penny on youtube playing the 'conservative card' and duping people.
Just tell them what they want to hear, BAM! Donations. Because Freedom, Patriots, Eagles!

ecco

Veteran Member
Liberty has very strict policies regarding sexual conduct for its faculty and students.

Even if the "watching" allegation is bogus, he should have resigned or asked for a divorce as soon as he found out about the affair.

I'm of the opinion the watching is allegation is true. That leads me to wonder if Jerry Jr. enjoyed watching his wife having sex with a young stud or if he is a closet homosexual who enjoyed seeing the goods of a young stud.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That leads me to wonder if Jerry Jr. enjoyed watching his wife having sex with a young stud or if he is a closet homosexual who enjoyed seeing the goods of a young stud.
What I wonder is why this would matter to you?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's the extra helping of schadenfreude.
Tom
Well, I supposed that men being interested in other men's
junk would send God on an extra intensive crying jag.
But being a true (& certified) progressive, I don't believe
it makes Falwell's fall from grace more worser.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Well, I supposed that men being interested in other men's
junk would send God on an extra intensive crying jag.
But being a true (& certified) progressive, I don't believe
it makes Falwell's fall from grace more worser.
The whole affair is disgustingly tawdry. The only reason anybody cares is because his family has made Self-righteousness into a business.

Adding a whiff of homosexuality to a trashy three way appeals to people like me who've been victims of high profile homophobes our whole life.

Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The whole affair is disgustingly tawdry. The only reason anybody cares is because his family has made Self-righteousness into a business.

Adding a whiff of homosexuality to a trashy three way appeals to people like me who've been victims of high profile homophobes our whole life.

Tom
I think it's a positive thing for homophobes who fight these
tendencies within themselves to come out, & accept their
own homosexuality. They'll be happier....& less prone to
making others unhappy.

Hey, just so you know....
Mrs Revolt calls me a "homophobe" cuz I'm revulsed by
guys getting amorous with each other on TV. So I'm not
100% progressive yet. I still find your activities icky.
Not a judgment....just my reaction.

ecco

Veteran Member
Ya gotta love the mental gymnastics.

Falwell is a strong supporter of Trump. Some credit him with getting the evangelicals to vote for Trump in 2016.

Falwell is ousted from Liberty University because:
His wife had an affair which he did or did not watch​
Trump had an affair with a prostitute when his wife was pregnant (among other lurid things). The evangelicals helped to get him elected in 2016 and will vote for him again in 2020.

I guess this is evidence that more religion makes people more irrational.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I guess this is evidence that more religion makes people more irrational.
Studies show the more religious a person is, the less intelligent they are. Evangelicals supporting Trump are doing so because of panic mongering propaganda. FEAR gets people to vote one way over the other.
The evangelicals believe Trump was "the lesser of 2 evils." They didn't bother researching, they vote based on their feelings