• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

False Victimhood

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I wasn't quoting O'Reilly or anyone else.

I know, but the term "race hustler" is a typical remark he makes which his ilk tend to parrot. Not saying you're a fan of Bill O'Reilly but I was just using that quoted reference in light of you mentioning the phrase.

To be quite frank, it seems to me that a lot of them just dislike white people.

ADL? Anti-Defamation league? really?

I was part of a Facebook group for LGBT people of color that I had to leave because of all the racism against whites I encountered, along with people supporting black supremacists like Farrakhan and the NOI (ironic considering their virulent homophobic and transphobia when most murdered trans women in the US are black and it's not white people killing them).

Well, I'm not a witness to that but if you say that was said in such a group they're wrong and there is no justification for it. There are a lot of toxic groups on Facebook that attract people with a herd mentality and unfortunately this cesspool of hate is very evident on social media. Now, if I can make an educated theory on the reasons behind such hate regarding that group you were in let us get something clear. Much like how I argue against contemporary feminism which lacks racial intersectionality thus isolating many women of color, I believe the same elements within the LGBT community also exist. You not only have homosexuals, transsexuals, bisexuals within that community who are persons of color that not only endure racism, but they also endure other phobias related to their sexual orientation/gender.

With that being said like other ground movements or groups created by people of color it does not surprise me that within that space, there is the resurgence of hate in response to the experiences people of color have experienced. That is why movements like the Nation of Islam existed because Christianity not only failed black Americans seeking social justice, but because of the system of racism, black Americans were a fragmented group with no social structure so its not surprising a charismatic leader like Farrakhan can galvanize angry black people. The Nation of Islam's creation was a response to the hate black Americans have experienced. Similarly, homosexuals persons of color like those in your group who i'm sure experienced both racism and homophobia use these groups as outlets to express the tensions they have bottled up.

Unfortunately we still live in a traditionally conservative society where being gay or trans is still a problem for some people and unfortunately people in response to experiencing hate propagate the same hate they've experienced.

I also got tired of being called an "Uncle Tom" and suchlike.

It is the herd mentality, going against that makes you an outsider. However, on the flipside to that there are persons of color for example the likes of Candace Owens who do propagate white supremacist talking points so many in the community may use that Uncle Tom phrase when they perceive other persons of color using the same talking points that white nationalists/supremacists use. Not saying that is what you were doing but giving you an idea if you didn't know already.

When a white person brings up racism from non-whites, they are mocked and "white tears" memes come out. This creates a climate of fear. Of course there's going to be a backlash against it.

Right. But in fairness there are a lot of whites that do the same thing....In fact there are some whites that make whole forums dedicated in making people of color's social issues as memes and caricatures. As far as Iaware of I don't know not one website blacks have made dedicated to talking bad about whites or people of Anglo-Saxon heritage, if you know of one let me know.

You just don't seem to like that I'm bringing up the racism of some blacks at all.

Not at all. I'm aware of the ignorance propagated by some blacks and I'm doubly aware of the extreme nationalism propagated by blacks. I don't condone it at all and I speak out against it. Speaking about getting kicked out of a group on facebook I was kicked out of a group onj facebook all because I called the guy out for making a video about shooting back at cops. I told him straight up that it was a bad idea, not only because you're risking your life and freedom, but it does nothing to change the social injustices blacks still face. Needless to say he thought I was a white man posing as a black guy and I was kicked out. When I addressed you, the words you use in their syntax implied (emphasis on the word imply) that you meant all.

I do also get the impression that although you're biracial, you may identify more with your white heritage than your black which is fine because its what you define yourself to be but if I'm wrong in my impression then accept my apology. I think this is why my reaction was the way it was because its something that I typically hear from some whites. Using words and phrasing them implying the all or most.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I live in Oklahoma.

It all makes sense now.

The natives here refer to themselves for the most part as "Indians", and generally refer to tribal references in relation to the particular conversation.

But that is historically inaccurate based on the navigation error of Christopher Columbus. The English endonym "Indian" is plain wrong because the "New world" was never by the Indian ocean. Native Americans much like other persons of color have acclimated to category errors placed by early colonialists.

The natives that I know are very slow to offense.

That's them, but they don't speak for other Natives across the U.S.

You should really be scolding them on proper verbal etiquette, don't you think.

I don't need to tell another grown person what to do. My thing is making folks aware.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I think a lot of people claim the victim identity just so they'll have an identity.

Nobody likes to be nobody.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I speak to my friends like an adult with some damn sense not giggling and joking about other people's ethnic group using racial slurs like some pre-pubescent school girl. Now, have I made "ethnic jokes?" Yes. Usually in referencing to myself and the common stereotypes of black people regarding foods like chicken and grape soda. Beyond that, I don't use racial pejoratives there is a difference.

The thing is I personally do not feel comfortable making racial jokes in public and I get the cringe when I hear a bunch of drunk white dudes making jokes about Asians and Hispanics here in California. I typically excuse myself, but most times I usually pull the person(s) making the jokes aside and let them know how inappropriate it is. Unfortunately, I think at least from my experiences in California alone has lead me to believe that there are a lot of whites who are socially unaware of the implications and power of their words. You see, where I come from, I've seen people get physically harmed for using racial pejoratives. The physical reaction isn't about playing victim, rather it is an indication that these culturally unaccepted words still have hurt and pain and there is history behind them. So yes, as an outsider if someone found offense to any jokes that were made around me it would be evident that what is being said is inappropriate.
that being said do you feel it is your job to step inbetween two people whom you do not know A) their relationship with each other, and B) how deep that friendship might be, to step between them and tell them how they should be speaking to each other? Do you intervene on the "streets" as it were. Like when you overhear some conversation and you hear something offensive you just have to try to talk some sense into them?? What about as you said, self deprecating humor/?

Yes there is a time and place for everything. And yes there shouild be som,e tact on the other end. of the conversation that you are not part of. But I think one has too much temerity to step in on everyone else';s conversation and try to dictate how they should be speaking to each other. Especially when you don't know the level of A & B with the people.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Ok. I give up. You take things out of context to create a villain where none exist and a victim where there isn't one. I will no longer respond to your race bating. To my ignore list you go. You really need to lighten up.
There is a growing population of people that eat the food for thought with no salt.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ok. I give up. You take things out of context to create a villain where none exist and a victim where there isn't one. I will no longer respond to your race bating. To my ignore list you go. You really need to lighten up.
Ya know.....if you play your cards right, other posters will put you on <ignore>.
There are so many posters who have little idea what I post.
You just need to be more offensive.

David1967

Premium Member
Ya know.....if you play your cards right, other posters will put you on <ignore>.
There are so many posters who have little idea what I post.
You just need to be more offensive.

LoL. Getting painted as the insensitive white guy no matter what I said was getting beyond ridiculous.

Shad

Veteran Member
Was there a "definition" of racism that requires
"Power" as a component?

SJW use it then fail to consider that people like Maxine Waters has more power as a member of Congress than 99% of white people in the US do. She is also a millionaire. Rednecks has nothing compared to her power and wealth.

wellwisher

What are your thoughts on this?

Example when you make a joke about say white people, then a pale Asian tries to get in to get offended about a joke on Caucasian people by a Caucasian. (this literally just happened on Fb(bunch of attention seeking malcontents in there))

This has to due with the feminization of culture in light of women entering the work force.

When I was younger, if a group of neighborhood boys got together, part of the social dynamics would involve insulting each other. Everyone had a nickname, with not all nicknames, flattering. Ethnic jokes were also part of the dynamics. In modern times, if you go to a construction site, where there are mostly men, these dynamics still occur.

These old school dynamics for boys and young men is the same dynamics as being trained to be a soldier. In basic training, the soldier is abused and pushed, both emotionally and physically. The thought behind this type of training, is the enemy will do a lot worse. You need to get used to it, under controlled conditions, so you will not crack in the battlefield. Instead you will push through and be victorious.

Although, boys insulting each other seems harmful, by PC standards, it is no different from football teammates, colliding into each other, during practice. They can get hurt with bruises and worse. This pain is accepted, since when game day appears, the other team will try to kill you.

Because of the abusive practice sessions with friends and teammates, you will be ready to take it, and also ready to dish it out, in the sports arena of life. In the competitive world of the free market and open society of free speech, this was emotional and psychological training for young men. People can be a-holes, and this training will prepare you for game day. The men of old had more natural testosterone and you needed to be ready.

As females entered the workforce and infiltrated male society, they changed various aspect of male culture. One change was the verbal contact sports, practice behavior, was made taboo. The girls did not know how to play to win. This was more of a male ritual, since men historically fought and died in war. Women stayed home and did not need this training. Men accommodated the women, only to lose the benefit of these male rituals. Many males now act like they are the female, who not expect to compete in the same way; quota system. Everyone gets an trophy and everyone can play the role of the weaker sex. Now we even have a dozens of weaker sexes who want accommodations.

The male and female brain work differently. The male uses the brain more front to back and the female uses the brain more side to side. This is reflected in males being more visually oriented and female are more verbally orientated. Name calling, to the old time male, uses his secondary orientating part of his brain; side to side, so there is less impact. The male' primary visual orientation is still be able to assess the training situation, so it is not taken too seriously; tough sports humor.

Name calling for the female impacts her primary orientating part of the brain. The dynamics are different inside the female, since she depends on clarify of language and intent, with this male sports play sort of ambiguous. The feminization of culture has made males more sensitive to the side-to-side brain impact, with many males forgetting the object of the game. Divorce, break up of the family, and dads not present, makes it harder for the boys to learn how to make a distinction between training sports and war.

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member
Women have infiltrated society.
The horror.

I know right? Next thing you know they'll be demanding the right to vote and even drive.:D
BTW, If I was a woman I would be horribly offended and victimized by that comment.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The horror.
Ya know what started it all?
The steam engine.
How, you ask?
It allowed factories to move to cities, being no longer confined
to the need from water power on streams. This centralization
enabled women to supply labor outside the home/farm.
So the industrial revolution is to blame for all these wimins
running rampant around the country.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The horror.
You go girl.
Whip that dude with the epic beard into shape!

You are in a somewhat unique position. You can check practically every box in the PC protected groups list. But instead of accepting victimhood and entitlement you come out swinging those PC little fists.:glomp:

Could you become a lesbian by any chance? You'd be unstoppable on YouTube.
Tom
:hugehug:
Tom

David1967

Premium Member
You go girl.
Whip that dude with the epic beard into shape!

You are in a somewhat unique position. You can check practically every box in the PC protected groups list. But instead of accepting victimhood and entitlement you come out swinging those PC little fists.:glomp:

Could you become a lesbian by any chance? You'd be unstoppable on YouTube.
Tom
:hugehug:
Tom

She could literally become a PC superhero on par with the Avengers. Want to collaborate on a comic book idea? :D