• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

False Prophets

Scrooge

certainty seeking
How to detect a false prophet.

Now as a Christian I look to what Jesus gave how to know a false prophet.

In the book of Luke 13:33, I find Jesus saying to his disciples, "Nevertheless I must walk to day, and tomorrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem"
Paul, and John prophesied and therefore where prophets and they did not die in Jerusalem.

In the book of Matthew 24:24, we find Christ Jesus in giving about false Christ's and false prophets shall rise.

And then in Verse 26 Jesus saying--"Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not"

If you were to go back from the time of Christ Jesus to us now, How many people have claimed to be a prophet and haved lived,born out in the desert, if you find such a man, then that man would be a false prophet.
Verse twenty six is in reference to the Son of Man coming (Christ) not the false prophets mentioned in verse twenty five. Verse twenty seven starts with the word "for". This means that what follows is the reason for what was just previously stated.
"For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."
(Mat 24:27 KJV)

Now Remember Jesus gave the end times Prophecy's,
Note Verse 23---"But take you heed, behold, I have foretold you all things"
John, Paul and Peter prophesied. You might want to recant by deleting your post my friend. We are responsible to God when we led people astray or try to spread false things.

Faithofchristian

Paul, and John prophesied and therefore where prophets and they did not die in Jerusalem.

Verse twenty six is in reference to the Son of Man coming (Christ) not the false prophets mentioned in verse twenty five. Verse twenty seven starts with the word "for". This means that what follows is the reason for what was just previously stated.
"For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

John, Paul and Peter prophesied. You might want to recant by deleting your post my friend. We are responsible to God when we led people astray or try to spread false things.

To what you say, is not correct. Once you understand how God looks at things.

For God's thoughts are not our thoughts, nor are God's ways our ways.
Isaiah 55:8-9.

Have you not read about Paul in the book of Acts 21:13---"Then Paul answered, What mean you to weep and to break mine heart? For I am ready not to be bound only? But also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus,

Further more God's thoughts are not our thoughts. Nor is God's ways our ways.

God looks to where the heart is.

As was with Paul, Paul's heart was to die at Jerusalem.
Peter also, his heart being towards Jerusalem. And there Peter died in the spirit.
You see, when you look, you look at things that common among men.

But to look at things of the Spirit of God.

Therefore when Christ Jesus said "For it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem"

This means exactly what Jesus means, that no prophet perish outside of Jerusalem.

So either your right or Christ Jesus is Right.
Only one will be found to be Right and the other wrong.

So who do you suppose will be found to be Right ?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
How to detect a false prophet.

That all depends what Religion you are in.

Here comes the Mormons prophet Joseph Smith,saying he is giving the end times Prophecy's.
That all depends what religion you are in. What specifically did Joseph Smith say with regard to the End Times that contradicted anything Jesus Christ said?

Faithofchristian

That all depends what religion you are in. What specifically did Joseph Smith say with regard to the End Times that contradicted anything Jesus Christ said?

Have you not read Mark chapter 13 seeing that Christ already foretold all things concerning the end times tribulation.

Then Christ said that false Christ's and false prophets shall rise. Mark 13:22

Then Christ said " But take you heed, behold, I have foretold you all things"
Mark 13:23.

Therefore if anyone comes to gives end times Prophecy's about the Tribulation,
Christ has already beaten them to it.

By Christ stating "I have foretold you all things"

This is how to know a false prophet.

Christ has already foretold all things concerning the end times tribulation..

Therefore Christ Jesus would have no reason to send a prophet, since Christ Jesus himself has foretold all things concerning the end times tribulation.

This is how Christ is going to prove whether people are going to listen to Him or someone else who comes to claim to give the end times tribulation prophecy.

Note Christ said --- "I have foretold you all things"

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Have you not read Mark chapter 13 seeing that Christ already foretold all things concerning the end times tribulation.

Then Christ said that false Christ's and false prophets shall rise. Mark 13:22

Then Christ said " But take you heed, behold, I have foretold you all things"
Mark 13:23.

Therefore if anyone comes to gives end times Prophecy's about the Tribulation,
Christ has already beaten them to it.

By Christ stating "I have foretold you all things"

This is how to know a false prophet.

Christ has already foretold all things concerning the end times tribulation..

Therefore Christ Jesus would have no reason to send a prophet, since Christ Jesus himself has foretold all things concerning the end times tribulation.

This is how Christ is going to prove whether people are going to listen to Him or someone else who comes to claim to give the end times tribulation prophecy.

Note Christ said --- "I have foretold you all things"
You didn't answer my question. What did Joseph Smith ever prophecy with respect to the End Times that contradicted what Jesus Christ said. If he merely repeated what Jesus Christ had said, then he was doing no more than any other preacher -- reminding people what Jesus Christ said. Biblical prophets frequently quoted one another and prophesied of someone that had previously been foretold.

Faithofchristian

You didn't answer my question. What did Joseph Smith ever prophecy with respect to the End Times that contradicted what Jesus Christ said. If he merely repeated what Jesus Christ had said, then he was doing no more than any other preacher -- reminding people what Jesus Christ said. Biblical prophets frequently quoted one another and prophesied of someone that had previously been foretold.

When Christ Jesus said in Mark 13:22-23.

That false Christ's and false prophets shall rise.
Note that Christ Jesus foretold all things concerning the end time tribulation.

Then Christ Jesus said in Verse 23--"But taken you heed, behold, I have foretold you all things"

By this statement of Christ Jesus, there will not be no more Prophet's sent.

Why would Christ Jesus need to send Prophets, when Christ Jesus foretold all things Himself.
Everything that a person will need to know all about the end tribulation. Is Written down.
Therefore when Jesus said he has foretold all things.There is nothing more to be said or done. There will not be no more Prophet's sent. To Prophecy on the end time tribulation. For Jesus Himself has foretold all things Himself.

By this statement of Christ Jesus, Jesus is going to prove whether people are going to listen to Him or someone else.

MohammadPali

Then Christ Jesus said in Verse 23--"But taken you heed, behold, I have foretold you all things"

Why would Christ Jesus need to send Prophets, when Christ Jesus foretold all things Himself.
Everything that a person will need to know all about the end tribulation. Is Written down.
Therefore when Jesus said he has foretold all things.There is nothing more to be said or done. There will not be no more Prophet's sent. To Prophecy on the end time tribulation. For Jesus Himself has foretold all things Himself.

By this statement of Christ Jesus, Jesus is going to prove whether people are going to listen to Him or someone else.

So the apostle paul is wrong ?

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

Yeah, well I've got to disagree with you there. Christians were told to beware of "false prophets," not to beware of "prophets," period. And you still didn't answer my question! :confused:

Faithofchristian

Yeah, well I've got to disagree with you there. Christians were told to beware of "false prophets," not to beware of "prophets," period. And you still didn't answer my question! :confused:

There will be No more Prophet's.

That is why Christ Jesus said that he has foretold all things. No more Prophet's will be sent from God.

If you can not accept what Christ Jesus has said, then you will be deceived by those false prophets.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
There will be No more Prophet's.

That is why Christ Jesus said that he has foretold all things. No more Prophet's will be sent from God.

If you can not accept what Christ Jesus has said, then you will be deceived by those false prophets.
I accept what Jesus Christ said. I just don't accept what you've said. And why should I? You're no more of an authority than anybody else. (Not to mention the fact that you don't know when to use apostrophes, and when not to. :p )

And you still didn't answer my question! :confused:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
No Apostle Paul is not wrong.
But apparently Paul was wrong when he said that prophets and apostles were to continue to be a part of the organizational structure of Jesus Christ's Church "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God..." :rolleyes:

Scrooge

certainty seeking

To what you say, is not correct. .
No it is correct. Sentence structure and context through the Spirit make it so.

The Spirit through Paul prophesied that there would prophets until we all attain to the unity of the faith.
And he himself appointed some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, some to be pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ, until we all attain the unity of the faith and of acknowledgment of the son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ,
(Eph 4:11-13 FAA)

Actually through the Spirit, Paul would have it that all prophesied.
But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
(1Co 14:3-5 KJV)

Faithofchristian

But he never met jesus, and you just said that jesus warned people about false apostles. And jesus never mentioned paul either.

How do you know that for sure, That Paul never met Jesus.

I'm sure Paul heard about Jesus, seeing Paul was living around Jerusalem at the same time of Jesus was around Jerusalem

Paul may even seen Jesus, Seeing Paul lived around Jerusalem at the same time Jesus was around Jerusalem.

Paul may haved went to listen to Jesus, seeing Paul and Jesus lived around Jerusalem at the same time.

Faithofchristian

I accept what Jesus Christ said. I just don't accept what you've said. And why should I? You're no more of an authority than anybody else. (Not to mention the fact that you don't know when to use apostrophes, and when not to. :p )

And you still didn't answer my question! :confused:

I answered your question, if had payed any attention.

When Jesus said that he has foretold all things, what does that tell You.

Why would Jesus need to send any more Prophet's, When Jesus just told you, That he has foretold you all things.

Jesus is going to prove you, whether your going to listen to Him or someone else who comes claiming to give prophecy about the end time tribulation.

Faithofchristian

But apparently Paul was wrong when he said that prophets and apostles were to continue to be a part of the organizational structure of Jesus Christ's Church "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God..." :rolleyes:

You have no knowledge of to who Paul was speaking to.
Further more Paul nor John was not prophesying.

God gave to Jesus the book of Revelation and then Jesus gave the book of Revelation to John.

As for Paul was only taking what the old testament Prophet's had written down and then taught the Gentiles what the old testament Prophet's had written down.

If you were read what the old testament Prophet's had written down,Them you would see that Paul was only teaching what the old testament Prophet's had written down.

Faithofchristian

No it is correct. Sentence structure and context through the Spirit make it so.

The Spirit through Paul prophesied that there would prophets until we all attain to the unity of the faith.
And he himself appointed some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, some to be pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ, until we all attain the unity of the faith and of acknowledgment of the son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ,
(Eph 4:11-13 FAA)

Actually through the Spirit, Paul would have it that all prophesied.
But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
(1Co 14:3-5 KJV)

Have you any idea as to what a prophet is.

A Prophet is a Teacher, A Pastor, A Preacher. Therefore a prophet is a person who teaches others.

A Holy Prophet is one who God gave to know to know how things of the future would come to be.

But was God who gave to His Holy Prophets to know how those future advents would happen.

There are two types of Prophets.
One being God's Holy Prophets.
And the minor Prophets.

God's Holy Prophets are the ones who wrote the old testament.

The minor Prophets are the ones who expounded, to make it more clear to the people, what the Holy Prophet's had written.

Like Paul and John, they didn't give anything new. They only expounded, made it more clear what God's Holy Prophets had written in the Old Testaments.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I answered your question, if had payed any attention.

When Jesus said that he has foretold all things, what does that tell You.

Why would Jesus need to send any more Prophet's, When Jesus just told you, That he has foretold you all things.

Jesus is going to prove you, whether your going to listen to Him or someone else who comes claiming to give prophecy about the end time tribulation.
Repeating yourself time and time again is not a very efficient debate tactic, but I guess that's all you're capable of. Sorry, but you're not worth my time.