• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

false information about diet and exercise

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Beer isn't too bad as long as it's real beer. Some beer is flavored with corn syrup in the states, and of course, they're not labeled. Personally, I recommend German, Irish, or beers from other regions where the ingredients are _mandated_ to be nothing weird. In the states your beer can contain rice, corn, and a bunch of other things -- most of the Euro beer is water, hops, and wheat or barley. Those are what are making you fat... If it's wheat or barley, you're OK. :D Also, higher alcohol content in the beer is better for your gut... The lower the alcohol percentage the more of the sugars can be absorbed. :D

But honestly, you're better off with the hard stuff or wine -- both are usually drastically higher in alcohol content and you never have to worry about it.

Dunno how many beer nerds you've been around but wine isn't drastically stronger than what I'm often drinking.
Sometimes quite the opposite...lol

German beer is your safest bet if you want to stick to basic ingredients, due to Reinheitsgebot, a law around beer purity.

Still, I'm a big fan of all sorts of things people wouldn't probably picture when you say 'beer'.

Last couple I had were good Aussie beers...
26762377625ea11cd4f9e8788f517d05_640x640.jpg
5b1243c2123bc5e6d3bb03195d07aceb_640x640.jpg

In round figures the first is 10%, the second just over 11%.
Both pretty damn good beers.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Dunno how many beer nerds you've been around but wine isn't drastically stronger than what I'm often drinking.
Sometimes quite the opposite...lol

German beer is your safest bet if you want to stick to basic ingredients, due to Reinheitsgebot, a law around beer purity.

Still, I'm a big fan of all sorts of things people wouldn't probably picture when you say 'beer'.

Last couple I had were good Aussie beers...
26762377625ea11cd4f9e8788f517d05_640x640.jpg
5b1243c2123bc5e6d3bb03195d07aceb_640x640.jpg

In round figures the first is 10%, the second just over 11%.
Both pretty damn good beers.

We have a local brewery that makes a 20% Imperial Stout, of course, we know what's in it because we can literally just ask the guy and see him making it in the back. Locally made is generally more pure on the ingredients if you can get it. :D

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
We have a local brewery that makes a 20% Imperial Stout, of course, we know what's in it because we can literally just ask the guy and see him making it in the back. Locally made is generally more pure on the ingredients if you can get it. :D

20% is pretty nuts. I think the highest straight beer I've had is about 16%, although I have a beer/whiskey blend at home that's stronger

(Yeah...blend...not just barrel-aged. Weird concept!!)

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Wine and beer is off limits too me, i am diabetic, a year and a half ago right before my histerectomy I drink some Mikes hard Cherry lemon aid which is yummy with my guy friend.

I kept 4 for myself 2 for him. I drink 4 in one week and probably over ate. But when I over eat I don't put on more then 10 pounds a week, I put on 20 pounds in one week! Any kind of alcohol shoots my blood sugar up high makes me gain weight fast.

Them Mikes are like fruit juice + alcohol. :D I do like them, but like I said it's high alcohol that's what's "OK", not something women typically drink. If you drink like a sailor your blood sugar will actually crash and you will need to eat something sugary or carb-y to keep from passing out. :D I'm diabetic too (though extremely moderate, my resting blood sugar is 100 but when I had the weight on it was 165-215, and before I'd known it was off the damn charts.) though I have a friend who is much worse, but those guidelines apply to him too. Hard liquor is perfectly fine for diabetics, in fact, it's actually almost helpful in small quantities. If I drink Mikes, I'd throw in an additional shot of rum into it in a glass. I love Mikes, but it doesn't have enough alcohol in it for me to drink it without souping it up. :D

You just need to drink harder stuff when you drink, even if you have to mix it with something sugar-free to make it palatable. I do peach flavored sugar free instant tea w/rum a lot, tastes good, you'll miss nothing. :D But, you can also do rum and Coke/Cherry Coke Zero/Pepsi Zero or any other diet cola. Sugar free tonic water + gin or vodka is pretty damn good in the summer too.

I used to drink a little hard liquor to specifically reduce my blood sugar when it was too high. But, be careful with that if you're taking insulin or a lot of metformin you can crash really hard and fast. That's why if you feel like cheating this is the time. :D But, experiment with it first... see what it does with a meter before you go further...

Riders

Them Mikes are like fruit juice + alcohol. :D I do like them, but like I said it's high alcohol that's what's "OK", not something women typically drink. If you drink like a sailor your blood sugar will actually crash and you will need to eat something sugary or carb-y to keep from passing out. :D I'm diabetic too (though extremely moderate, my resting blood sugar is 100 but when I had the weight on it was 165-215, and before I'd known it was off the damn charts.) though I have a friend who is much worse, but those guidelines apply to him too. Hard liquor is perfectly fine for diabetics, in fact, it's actually almost helpful in small quantities. If I drink Mikes, I'd throw in an additional shot of rum into it in a glass. I love Mikes, but it doesn't have enough alcohol in it for me to drink it without souping it up. :D

You just need to drink harder stuff when you drink, even if you have to mix it with something sugar-free to make it palatable. I do peach flavored sugar free instant tea w/rum a lot, tastes good, you'll miss nothing. :D But, you can also do rum and Coke/Cherry Coke Zero/Pepsi Zero or any other diet cola. Sugar free tonic water + gin or vodka is pretty damn good in the summer too.

I used to drink a little hard liquor to specifically reduce my blood sugar when it was too high. But, be careful with that if you're taking insulin or a lot of metformin you can crash really hard and fast. That's why if you feel like cheating this is the time. :D But, experiment with it first... see what it does with a meter before you go further...

Ive had rim and coke and burban and coke I like burban better

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Ive had rim and coke and burban and coke I like burban better

Yeah, just make sure it's the sugar free soda. :D

But, it's all a preference anyway. If I really feel like drinking it's long island's or blue mofo's. :D One or two, you're done, baby... :D