• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Falling in Love?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Andra130 said:
How did you first realize when you fell in love? What has been your experience with love?
probably best answered by this song:-

Both Sides, Now (Clouds)​
Rows and floes of angel hair​
And ice cream castles in the air​
And feather canyons ev'rywhere​
I've looked at clouds that way​
But now they only block the sun​
They rain and snow on ev'ryone​
So many things I would have done​
But clouds got in my way​
I've looked at clouds from both sides now​
From up and down, and still somehow​
It's cloud illusions I recall​
I really don't know clouds at all​
Moons and Junes and Ferris wheels​
The dizzy dancing way you feel​
As ev'ry fairy tale comes real​
I've looked at love that way​
But now it's just another show​
You leave 'em laughing when you go​
And if you care, don't let them know​
Don't give yourself away​
I've looked at love from both sides now​
From give and take, and still somehow​
It's love's illusions I recall​
I really don't know love at all​
Tears and fears and feeling proud​
To say "I love you" right out loud​
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds​
I've looked at life that way​
But now old friends are acting strange​
They shake their heads, they say I've changed​
Well something's lost, but something's gained​
In living ev'ry day​
I've looked at life from both sides now​
From win and lose and still somehow​
It's life's illusions I recall​
I really don't know life at all​
I've looked at life from both sides now​
From up and down, and still somehow​
It's life's illusions I recall​
I really don't know life at all :)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I knew I was going to marry my wife the first day and told her so. I only fell in love with her over the next few weeks. Some might say this is the wrong way round but it lasted 43 years.

Terry

Ori

Angel slayer
When I was the tender age of 15, I first fell in love
heart.gif
, unfortunately the person didn't love me back
lightingzapA.gif
But from that experience I learnt how important love really is and it has made me a better person
angel2.gif

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
orichalcum said:
When I was the tender age of 15, I first fell in love
heart.gif
, unfortunately the person didn't love me back
lightingzapA.gif
But from that experience I learnt how important love really is and it has made me a better person
angel2.gif
I have been told that I fell madly in love at the age of five - with a six year old. My mother used to tell me that she was highly embarassed at my birthday party; I accepted presents from the few kids who had been invited, but I was obviously waiting for this girl to come. Apparently, as soon as she arrived, I dropped all my friends, and rushed over to her; I can still remember her name (from having been told it) - Nina Leemans (Flemish).

Apparently, the first time I was introduced to Marie's Mum, she later told Marie "You're going to marry him" - and we weren't particularly 'struck' by each other on that first date.:)

fromthe heart

It's the most heart filled emotion a person can have. I fell in love with sweatty palms,loss of sleep and all waking moments were spent daydreaming about him. Had a real speach problem going to..nothing came out right when I opened my mouth...sort of sounded as if I was stuttering. I'm sure at times just seeing him my heart totally stopped and my breath was a big long sigh...I turned to mush at just one look from him...he melted my heart into something totally unreccognizable. I know my feet didn't touch the ground for over 18 years because I'm sure if someone would have pointed a gun at him I'd have jumped in front of him to take the bullet. He made my ears ring just with the sound of his voice and not once did my heart ever harden to anything he had to say....Aaaahhhh to be in love..it's the greatest thing in the world emotionally.:)

Unedited

I don't think I really realised I loved him until he left. I knew I thought I loved him, but I also knew I was only 14.