• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fall

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It snowed here a couple of days back. Just hovering slightly below zero. Most stuff survived, but we did bring tomatoes in. Lots of people figured it was an early winter, and I find that funny every year. They haven't lived here long enough. Weather is not climate. It's at least 6 -8 weeks before winter. I think kale gets tastier after a frost.

So many apples go to waste in this city. People just don't know what to do with a tree full of apples.

Reactions: Jim

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It snowed here a couple of days back. Just hovering slightly below zero. Most stuff survived, but we did bring tomatoes in. Lots of people figured it was an early winter, and I find that funny every year. They haven't lived here long enough. Weather is not climate. It's at least 6 -8 weeks before winter. I think kale gets tastier after a frost.

So many apples go to waste in this city. People just don't know what to do with a tree full of apples.

Do you live in a cold climate? I live in Hillsborough, nc and garden almost all year.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I garden all year.
But in some months, I only grow snow banks & icicles.
House plants, and more house plants. The coleus man of Kauai gave us some seeds. Boss has coleus everywhere. It's unique, all that cross pollination.

Kale is tough. It might grow below the snow. I'll leave it this year, see if I can eat it next spring.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

I do not know what part of Canada you are in but I am about an hour south of Seattle, just about four hours south of the border of BC, Canada. This is the coldest September I can remember, following a consistently hotter summer than usual... It just suddenly went from warm to cold and started raining... I cannot believe I am standing here in front of the computer with my hands freezing, but there is no way I am turning the central heat on in September as my bill is already over $300 a month averaging... What I call freezing is 60 degrees, not really freezing, just a bit uncomfortable for typing. :rolleyes:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I do not know what part of Canada you are in but I am about an hour south of Seattle, just about four hours south of the border of BC, Canada. :rolleyes:

Edmonton. Vancouver/Seattle is a wet cold, but you do have a longer blooming season by far.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Actually, it does.
We use sawdust based litter because it's compostable.
It's pretty green around here.
It's green around here too, too green. The trees and bushes are taking over the property. :eek:
I am glad fall is here so things will stop growing for a while and I won't have to think about what to do until next spring...
I am the procrastination of procrastinators....
Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's green around here too, too green. The trees and bushes are taking over the property. :eek:
I am glad fall is here so things will stop growing for a while and I won't have to think about what to do until next spring...
I am the procrastination of procrastinators....
Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow. :rolleyes:
I'm already planning spring's transplant strategy.
Planting some seedlings, & moving some hostas & other perennials.
Working some soil amendments into me clay ridden garden.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Edmonton. Vancouver/Seattle is a wet cold, but you do have a longer blooming season by far.
It is beautiful up there.... We tried to get to Edmonton when we were on vacation in Banff and Jasper many years ago, but we never made it... maybe someday.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm already planning spring's transplant strategy.
Planting some seedlings, & moving some hostas & other perennials.
Working some soil amendments into me clay ridden garden.
I never plan anything... I just keep hoping nothing bad will happen again... A good day is when nothing bad happens but this too shall pass. :rolleyes:
My strategy is not to think too much about the mess I am in, because there is nothing I can do about it right now. :eek: When the time comes, I will do what I have to do.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I never plan anything... I just keep hoping nothing bad will happen again... A good day is when nothing bad happens but this too shall pass. :rolleyes:
My strategy is not to think too much about the mess I am in, because there is nothing I can do about it right now. :eek: When the time comes, I will do what I have to do.
I have an evolving vision of my landscaping....so far, a 3 decades work in progress.
This last year saw major progress in the hardscaping, & repairing damage from a
new septic field, new well, & major tree work.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have an evolving vision of my landscaping....so far, a 3 decades work in progress.
This last year saw major progress in the hardscaping, & repairing damage from a
new septic field, new well, & major tree work.
All I can say is I married the wrong man. :rolleyes: My husband does not even mow the lawn anymore, let alone any hard labor. The essential problem is that we own three houses, so I just have to pray that the tenants who live in the other two take care of things. :oops:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
All I can say is I married the wrong man. :rolleyes: My husband does not even mow the lawn anymore, let alone any hard labor. The essential problem is that we own three houses, so I just have to pray that the tenants who live in the other two take care of things. :oops:
There's an excellent chance that he's a better hubby than I.
I'm lazy, a procrastinator, reluctant to travel (her great joy),
& pursue a huge collection of cranky antique machinery.
Oh, & hygiene....yes, I do that at times.
My only saving graces.....
- I maintain the grounds.
- I don't cheat, gamble or drive a Corvette.
- I wear Hawaiian shirts.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There's an excellent chance that he's a better hubby than I.
My only saving graces.....
- I maintain the grounds.
- I don't cheat, gamble or drive a Corvette.
- I wear Hawaiian shirts.
That is a pretty good track record, especially maintaining the grounds...
If you ever saw my grounds you'd know why I said that...:rolleyes:
He does not cheat or gamble or drink, but he drives a 1986 Honda Prelude.
His saving grace and his ace in the hole is that he takes care of the cats... He used to be a nurse, so if they need meds or subcutaneous fluids he can do those.
He has me over a barrel as long as we have all these cats because I cannot ask him to do much more...:oops:
It's a deal for him because he gets to watch TV with the cats.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That is a pretty good track record, especially maintaining the grounds...
If you ever saw my grounds you'd know why I said that...:rolleyes:
He does not cheat or gamble or drink, but he drives a 1986 Honda Prelude.
His saving grace and his ace in the hole is that he takes care of the cats... He used to be a nurse, so if they need meds or subcutaneous fluids he can do those.
He has me over a barrel as long as we have all these cats because I cannot ask him to do much more...:oops:
It's a deal for him because he gets to watch TV with the cats.
I take care of White Kitty, the feral cat who regularly comes to our door.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I take care of White Kitty, the feral cat who regularly comes to our door.
That's nice of you....
We also have one feral cat we feed and water, so that makes 11 cats. :)
We also have too many raccoons and squirrels and birds to count... We feed and water those too.
We spend more time and money on animals than people around here. :rolleyes: