• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fake Scholars and posers

firedragon

Veteran Member
This maybe irrelevant. Look at what a so called scholar of Islam/Arabic language has done.

He thinks that the Quran challenges you to make a chapter or a verse that resembles the Quran in order to prove its miraculous nature and has done a chapter in Arabic. Now he has taken upon himself to write a chapter just like the Quran in order to prove it wrong.

If you know a bit of classical Arabic you would see that this is the epitome of an embarrassment for scholarship. Its so shameful. Lol. He has even simply transliterated the English word Whiskey into Arabic letters. Is that Quranic language?

This does not even deserve a scholarly response. Neither does it deserve a laymans response. For someone who claims to be a Muslim, while in his videos he says "when I was a Muslim" which means he no longer is a Muslim, a supposed scholar of the language, his pronunciation is as bad as it can get. I hate doing this but this has to be posted here for the comical nature to be understood. Laughable.

The Qur'an challenges others to produce a verse or sura like it - so this is not blasphemy. I'm simply responding to the challenge and having a go. I am aching to print his name but well, I shall not.

❀❀❀❀ ِسُورَةُ الدَّجَاج ❀❀❀❀
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ
فقۤ {١} إنَّا خَلَقْنَا الدَّجَاجَ خَلْقًا {٢} وَسَلَقْنَا الْبَيْضَ سَلْقًا {٣} وَأَطْلَقْنَا مَعَ الرَّعْدِ بَرْقًا {٤} وَجَعَلْنَا الجَوَّ طَلْقًا {٥} فَمَنْ يَكْفُرْ بِآياتِنَا شَنَقْنَاهُ شَنْقًا {٦} ثُمَّ خَنَقْنَاهُ خَنْقًا {٧} وَمَنْ يَطْرُقْ بَابَ فَاسِقَةٍ طَرْقًا {٨} وَيَفْعَلْ فِي بَيْتِهَا فِسْقًا {٩} حَرَقْنَاهُ فِي النَّارِ حَرْقًا {١٠} إنَّ عَذَابَنَا هُوَ الْأَبْقَى {١١} وَإنَّ عَدُوَّنَا هُوَالْأَشْقَى {١٢} فَلَا أُقْسِمُ بِبَرِيقِ الدِّينَارِ {١٣} وَلَا أُقْسِمُ بِنَهِيقِ الْحِمَارِ {١٤} إنَّي أنَا اللهُ الخَالِقُ الْقَهَّارُ {١٥} فَأَطِيعُونِي وَلَا تَكُونُوا مِنَ الْكُفَّارِ {١٦} وَاتَّقُوا يَوْمًا لَا يَنْفَعُ فِيهِ دِرْهَمٌ وَلَا دُولَارٌ {١٧} يَوْمَ يُقْذَفُ بِالْكُفِّارِ فِي النَّارِ {١٨} فَلَا يَسْتَطِيعُونَ صَبْرًا وَمَا لَهُمْ مِنْ فِرارٍ {١٩} أَمَّا الَذِينَ اتَّقَوْا رَبَّهُمْ فَإنهم هُمُ الأَخْيَارُ {٢٠} لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٌ تَجْرِي مِنْ تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ {٢٢} وَصَنَادِيقُ وِيسْكِي وَرَاقِصَاتٌ بِلَا خِمَارَ{٢٣}

❀❀❀❀ Surat of the Chicken ❀❀❀❀
In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent the Merciful,
1. Faa' Qaaf
2. Verily, We created the chicken a (wonderful) creation,
3. And We boiled the eggs, a boiling,
4. And We sent with thunder, lightening
5. And We made the air fresh
6. As for he who denies our signs, We shall hang him a hanging,
7. And choke him, a choking
8. As for he who knocks on the door of a harlot, a knocking
9. Then commits in her house; philandering
10. We shall burn him in the fire, a burning
11. Indeed our punishment it is the abiding
12. Indeed our enemy he is the most wretched.
13. For I swear by the glitter of the Dinar
14. And I swear by the braying of the ***
15. Indeed I am Allah the Creator, the Conqueror
16. So obey me and do not be of the unbelievers
17. And fear a day when no Dirham will benefit nor will a Dollar
18. The day the unbelievers will be cast into the fire
19. And they shall not be able to bear it nor escape
20. As for those who feared their Lord, they are the best
21. They shall have gardens under which run rivers
22. And crates of whiskey and dancing girls with no veil

Notanumber

A Free Man
This maybe irrelevant. Look at what a so called scholar of Islam/Arabic language has done.

He thinks that the Quran challenges you to make a chapter or a verse that resembles the Quran in order to prove its miraculous nature and has done a chapter in Arabic. Now he has taken upon himself to write a chapter just like the Quran in order to prove it wrong.

If you know a bit of classical Arabic you would see that this is the epitome of an embarrassment for scholarship. Its so shameful. Lol. He has even simply transliterated the English word Whiskey into Arabic letters. Is that Quranic language?

This does not even deserve a scholarly response. Neither does it deserve a laymans response. For someone who claims to be a Muslim, while in his videos he says "when I was a Muslim" which means he no longer is a Muslim, a supposed scholar of the language, his pronunciation is as bad as it can get. I hate doing this but this has to be posted here for the comical nature to be understood. Laughable.

The Qur'an challenges others to produce a verse or sura like it - so this is not blasphemy. I'm simply responding to the challenge and having a go. I am aching to print his name but well, I shall not.

فقۤ {١} إنَّا خَلَقْنَا الدَّجَاجَ خَلْقًا {٢} وَسَلَقْنَا الْبَيْضَ سَلْقًا {٣} وَأَطْلَقْنَا مَعَ الرَّعْدِ بَرْقًا {٤} وَجَعَلْنَا الجَوَّ طَلْقًا {٥} فَمَنْ يَكْفُرْ بِآياتِنَا شَنَقْنَاهُ شَنْقًا {٦} ثُمَّ خَنَقْنَاهُ خَنْقًا {٧} وَمَنْ يَطْرُقْ بَابَ فَاسِقَةٍ طَرْقًا {٨} وَيَفْعَلْ فِي بَيْتِهَا فِسْقًا {٩} حَرَقْنَاهُ فِي النَّارِ حَرْقًا {١٠} إنَّ عَذَابَنَا هُوَ الْأَبْقَى {١١} وَإنَّ عَدُوَّنَا هُوَالْأَشْقَى {١٢} فَلَا أُقْسِمُ بِبَرِيقِ الدِّينَارِ {١٣} وَلَا أُقْسِمُ بِنَهِيقِ الْحِمَارِ {١٤} إنَّي أنَا اللهُ الخَالِقُ الْقَهَّارُ {١٥} فَأَطِيعُونِي وَلَا تَكُونُوا مِنَ الْكُفَّارِ {١٦} وَاتَّقُوا يَوْمًا لَا يَنْفَعُ فِيهِ دِرْهَمٌ وَلَا دُولَارٌ {١٧} يَوْمَ يُقْذَفُ بِالْكُفِّارِ فِي النَّارِ {١٨} فَلَا يَسْتَطِيعُونَ صَبْرًا وَمَا لَهُمْ مِنْ فِرارٍ {١٩} أَمَّا الَذِينَ اتَّقَوْا رَبَّهُمْ فَإنهم هُمُ الأَخْيَارُ {٢٠} لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٌ تَجْرِي مِنْ تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ {٢٢} وَصَنَادِيقُ وِيسْكِي وَرَاقِصَاتٌ بِلَا خِمَارَ{٢٣}

1. Faa' Qaaf

Does he live in a secular country?

BTW, it seems just as sensible as the rest.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

1. Faa' Qaaf
Seems someone is upset because the unnamed scholar nailed it.
Now we all know the Koran is false.
Thank you for sharing.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

1. Faa' Qaaf
I do have to agree that this is pretty pathetic, not that the Qur'an is much better, but... still...
Perhaps the "crates of whiskey" part is simply to show that the "challenge" sura is a farce.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

Very well done!

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I do have to agree that this is pretty pathetic, not that the Qur'an is much better, but... still...
Perhaps the "crates of whiskey" part is simply to show that the "challenge" sura is a farce.
Rumour has it that the Koran is where Kent Hovind got the idea for his "challenge"....

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

1. Faa' Qaaf
Whether the Quran is a miracle or not is a matter for Muslim belief. But, that said, this to me is dumb. I've sometimes mangled Shakespeare for amusement but that has nothing to do with Shakespeare's literary genius.

To smite, or not to smite, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to inflict
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune on others,
Or to nuke a Sea of troubles,
And by exploding end them: to slay, to murder
some more; and by a slaying, to say we end
the heart-ache, and the thousand unnatural aftershocks that H-bombs are heir to? '

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
1. Faa' Qaaf
22. And crates of whiskey and dancing girls with no veil[/QUOTE]

I like the idea of whiskey and dancing girls,it works for me

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I want to see a Muslim comment on Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" or Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds" soundtrack. Or, for that matter, the Tao Te Ching.

If the Qur'an is supposedly demonstrated of divine origin by virtue of its style and contents, what are we to conclude of those wildly superior works?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I want to see a Muslim comment on Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" or Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds" soundtrack. Or, for that matter, the Tao Te Ching.

If the Qur'an is supposedly demonstrated of divine origin by virtue of its style and contents, what are we to conclude of those wildly superior works?
I hope you are ready for some Kent Hovind responses.....

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yes.

What have you got against the completely incompetent ignorant?
One wonders why you think yourself so much better than them.

Because I read the book. Its not about being better, it is about being better informed.

Alright. Explain to me why the so called scholar nailed it..

Let me give one example. If you are to replicate a chapter of the Quran I believe you absolutely can but then the language has to be the same, classical Arabic, not google translate.

He has translated the word whiskey as a transliterated arabic word "Whiskey". Do you understand? That is what google translate returns for words that cannot be translated. That is disingenuous, fake scholarship.

And that is only one.

firedragon

Veteran Member

With all due respect, it is not if the Quran is divine or not. That is another whole subject and you would know it better.

This is about pretending to be scholars which I think is a trend. Everyone wants to pretend to be a scholar of the Arabic language, bible, religion, theology etc. This is the work of layman and a false effort.

I know that its also something that doesnt pose a purpose but lying is worse.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
With all due respect, it is not if the Quran is divine or not. That is another whole subject and you would know it better.

This is about pretending to be scholars which I think is a trend. Everyone wants to pretend to be a scholar of the Arabic language, bible, religion, theology etc. This is the work of layman and a false effort.

I know that its also something that doesnt pose a purpose but lying is worse.
I do sympathize with you on this topic, @firedragon as it is obviously not a serious contender.
I'm still stuck on why anyone would want to create a passage as dreary as the Qur'an.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I do sympathize with you on this topic, @firedragon as it is obviously not a serious contender.
I'm still stuck on why anyone would want to create a passage as dreary as the Qur'an.

Lol. YmirGF. You cant help being sarcastic can you??

And are you done with your gaming life? Hell, apologies for not remembering correctly but your name or YmirGF has something to do with your old gaming name or something right?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Because I read the book. Its not about being better, it is about being better informed.

Alright. Explain to me why the so called scholar nailed it..

Let me give one example. If you are to replicate a chapter of the Quran I believe you absolutely can but then the language has to be the same, classical Arabic, not google translate.

He has translated the word whiskey as a transliterated arabic word "Whiskey". Do you understand? That is what google translate returns for words that cannot be translated. That is disingenuous, fake scholarship.

And that is only one.
Interesting that you ask a subjective question which requires a subjective answer then get upset when the subjective answer is not what you want to hear.