• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faithless a Choice?

nPeace

Veteran Member
I must say, I find it most impressive, and kind of disturbing, how you keep track of posts as if you have an archive ready to be used whenever you think you can use it.

I don't even remember the thread and I have no idea why I left it there.
Perhaps I got bored, perhaps I got frustrated with your stubbornness, perhaps I simply missed it. I really don't remember.
I do remember when people eject, or flee.
I still remember another two, and a half. :grinning:
If you look at the page before, just two of your posts should jog your memory on why you fled.
You don't usually run away, as long as you can say things without showing that they are true, but from the time you cannot deny your claim is wrong, you jet.
That's the way you operate, Tag. That's my experience with you. It's not only you though. It's a trend among Atheists on RF.
Bored after three posts... Really? :smirk:
You really think that's believable?
If I got bored of talking to someone, I wouldn't keep returning on another, and another, and another thread, only to get bored again. What?

Frustrated with my stubbornness? Look in the mirror dude. :tongueout:

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
You didn't provide anything to address.
He didn't? The post was not blank. Why can't you address it?
How would you like if we all did that? Just look at a post, and say, "there's nothing to address."
I think it's an easy way to avoid addressing an argument.
I could have done the same.
In fact, how about we Christians just all take your position...

capumetu

Why does the world lack faith? Is it because there is lack of evidence, hence disbelief?
According to the Bible, No. This is not the case. To the contrary.

There is a huge amount of clear evidence, and many do believe. However, the Bible highlighted the reasons for the lack of faith - the faithless.
It said... "The reason why they were not able to believe is that again Isaiah said: “He has blinded their eyes and has made their hearts hard, so that they would not see with their eyes and understand with their hearts and turn around and I heal them.” Isaiah said these things because he saw his glory, and he spoke about him. All the same, many even of the rulers actually put faith in him, but they would not acknowledge him because of the Pharisees, so that they would not be expelled from the synagogue; for they loved the glory of men even more than the glory of God." - John 12:39-43.

So the reasons the Bible gave are, 1) God prevents them from having that faith; 2) They fear men, because they prefer glory from men.
In other words, God leaves people in a spiritually blind state, because they don't want to accept, or they don't want to face rejection and ridicule from the faithless, but want to receive praise from them.

Why would God, not rather open their eyes though. Does he not want to save them?
The simple answer is given at 2 Thessalonians 2:11, 12... That is why God lets a deluding influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.

According to the Bible, the simple answer is... it's what they choose.
Do they want to be faithless? Is that what the Bible is saying? Evidently, in a way, yes.
A person may believe something but they may not want to believe it, for their own personal reasons.
For example, the text above states one reason. The text quoted earlier gave another, when it said, they love the glory of men, and they feared rejection.

Is God fair in letting people choose even though it results in the person's harm, rather than their benefit?
I'm glad I can make a free choice, and I am sure Atheists, and agnostics are equally happy that they can freely choose what they want to accept.

So whether one has faith or not, is actually up to an individual. It a personal choice.
Thoughts?

If one was to put it into one scripture to answer the reason why, I would use 2 Cor 4:4. Jesus gave an excellent answer as well with his parable of the sower Mat 13:3-8