• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith?

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
Hebrews 11
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
I know the Bible teaches that salvation cannot be earned by works that being said my question is this.
How does a person prove to himself whether or not he has faith based on this verse?

Faith is: (saying in the tongue, believing in the heart, and working beside the body increases and decreases)

Faith is defined in the arab language as a safe source of faith.It is a believer.It is a safety that means against fear, derived from security, which means decision and tranquility, and the meaning of faith in the language is related to faith in the idiomatic meaning; Faith is also defined in the arab language by several definitions, including believing. It is said that faith is reassurance, and it is said to be acknowledged.

Alone

Banned by request
Faith is: (saying in the tongue, believing in the heart, and working beside the body increases and decreases)

Faith is defined in the arab language as a safe source of faith.It is a believer.It is a safety that means against fear, derived from security, which means decision and tranquility, and the meaning of faith in the language is related to faith in the idiomatic meaning; Faith is also defined in the arab language by several definitions, including believing. It is said that faith is reassurance, and it is said to be acknowledged.
Thanks for your comment.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Faith?

Just thinking out loud...............

Taking my vehicle to the mechanic to fix and he tells me he believes(has faith) that he can fix it.

Would I appoint this guy to work on my Mercedes Benz ?
Yeah I know... but if there's gas in the engine ( not diesel ) don't you have faith that the car starts?

It's the fast track baby! Faith can get you there in a hurry. Or... you can check the gas tank each time... up to you. :D

Faithofchristian

Hebrews 11
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
I know the Bible teaches that salvation cannot be earned by works that being said my question is this.
How does a person prove to himself whether or not he has faith based on this verse?

What is your definition about works?

The bible does teach that without works you can not have salvation...

Faith and works go together.
A person can not have faith without works...and can not have works without faith.

It's like this...for a train to move there has to be two rails for the train to move upon.

Take away anyone of those rails the train isn't going no where.
So you have one rail being "Faith" and the other rail being "works" take away either one..a person salvation isn't going no where.
So faith and works,.goes together.

But what does "works" mean to you?

Alone

Banned by request
What is your definition about works?

The bible does teach that without works you can not have salvation...

Faith and works go together.
A person can not have faith without works...and can not have works without faith.

It's like this...for a train to move there has to be two rails for the train to move upon.

Take away anyone of those rails the train isn't going no where.
So you have one rail being "Faith" and the other rail being "works" take away either one..a person salvation isn't going no where.
So faith and works,.goes together.

But what does "works" mean to you?
I feel there are two types of work, works of the flesh and works of spirit, how those are combined with faith I'm still a little fuzzy about, the Bible speaks of the law of the flesh and the law of faith.

Faithofchristian

I feel there are two types of work, works of the flesh and works of spirit, how those are combined with faith I'm still a little fuzzy about, the Bible speaks of the law of the flesh and the law of faith.

The same as there two types of works...
as there are your physical work.
Like mowing a lawn washing the car.
Working in a garden.
Anything of such is physical work.

Now as for the other type of work
That James speaks about in the book of
James 2:17-18
17--"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone"

18--"Yes, a man may say, you have faith, and I have works: show me your faith without your works, and I will shoe you my faith by my works"

There is a saying that says..."Your actions will speak louder than your words.

Actions and works stand to mean the same thing.
It is by a person "works" "action" will tell who they are..
By my works will speak louder than my words I can speak.
By my actions will speak louder than my words can speak
By my works will tell what kind of person that I am.
By my actions will tell what kind of person that I am.
So works and actions in the Bible will mean the same thing. depending on what terminology is being used as for work.
Is it physical work or work as outer showing of who you are.
Your actions speak louder than words can.
Your works speak louder than words can.

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
Hebrews 11

Having faith for me is trusting the Lord that He has your back and that is for us and with us.I can now have hope in all things because I trust what He says it’s true. Matthew 19:16 “With God, all things are possible.”The unseen means to me that I cannot physically see God. But I can “see” the evidence of Him working in life. There are too many things that cannot all be coincidence.