• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith

Jadamas

Dears

Lately I've been doubting my faith.
I believe in God since I’m a kid but I never practice any religion, and I never felt the need to understand and think about it before.
Basically, I can’t imagine that there ´s no God, no reason for life, no afterlife.

I’ve been looking for proofs or evidences, by checking and reading a lot about NDE, consciousness, quantum, etc.
I feel that I need to be sure that God exists before « junping » into a religion and « start my path ».

In fact, I'm spending hours every day reading books, websites, and watching videos in order to find reasons to believe and stop with these doubts.

Do you have any advice, did some of you go throuth these situation already?

Thank you

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Dears

I believe in God since I’m a kid but I never practice any religion, and I never felt the need to understand and think about it before.
Basically, I can’t imagine that there ´s no God, no reason for life, no afterlife.

I’ve been looking for proofs or evidences, by checking and reading a lot about NDE, consciousness, quantum, etc.
I feel that I need to be sure that God exists before « junping » into a religion and « start my path ».

In fact, I'm spending hours every day reading books, websites, and watching videos in order to find reasons to believe and stop with these doubts.

Thank you
I went through a period of intense search for meaning in my early 20s. I often thought of the words of Jesus when He said “the truth shall set you free” and “seek and you shall find”. The journey for each of us is a personal one that only we can take. In that sense we all must read the reality of our own lives, learn what brings out the best and worst in us. Being a sincere seeker requires an openness to go wherever the truth we find takes us. All the best.

74x12

Dears

Thank you
Yeah it's probably the devil. Believe it or not he's throwing those fiery darts your way and anyone else who wants to believe in God. I know it may seem hard to believe but that's the battle. So keep on believing and you will come into a brighter place. It's just like walking in a dark place but you know the morning will come even though you cannot see the dawn yet. So we have our trials you know. But just as we trust the sun will rise in the morning scattering the darkness. So we should believe that the Light of God will shortly arise upon us. Put on the whole armor of God and take up the shield of faith. God is sure to confirm you in your faith and renew you.

74x12

Dears

Thank you
I used to get panic attacks and doubts at the same time. It was not easy. But God came through for me in spite of my doubts. That's how you know you just need to wait for God and He will come through for you even though we doubt sometimes it's just a time of testing. You'll be stronger on the farther side.

Jadamas

I used to get panic attacks and doubts at the same time. It was not easy. But God came through for me in spite of my doubts. That's how you know you just need to wait for God and He will come through for you even though we doubt sometimes it's just a time of testing. You'll be stronger on the farther side.

It’s good to see that God came for you.
I really hope he will for me too.
I used to get panic attacks myself but I started doing some research, started reading about religions, about God and afterlife. I still have doubts, I will continue.