• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith is not evidence. This is why atheism has more of an advantage.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1. I stated that materialism is unfounded because there's no evidence.
Reality, the world external to the self, the set of all things with objective existence, the realm of the physical sciences, the place where your air, water, food, shelter, society and family are found, is out there, explored, described and largely explained by science. Nothing else comes close.

Whereas the concept of a real God, a god with objective existence, not imaginary, is incoherent, as witness the absence of any definition of God such that if we found a candidate for God in reality, we could determine whether it were God or not.
2. You stated that thing without evidence can be rejected without evidence.
I take it that would also apply to incoherent notions such as a real God?
3. Yet you expect me to provide evidence for that which I'm saying has none.
You're referring to a real God again, I take it?
Obviously not a worthy debate for me.
I'm looking forward to your satisfactory definition of a real God with considerable interest then ─ one that let us determine what real things are Gods and what are not, one that will give a satisfactory and useful test for 'godness' that doesn't rely on imagination.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
imagination is the problem solving part of the mind
and there are no problems you can solve without it

imagination cannot be disallowed