• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith is base of a religion

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
As an atheist, this leads me to think that theists must be okay with their god being hugely sadistic. Because I do not have faith, and I cannot produce it, therefore I will be tormented in hell forever. Seems sadistic to me.

Whether you believe God exists or No-God exists, you can still agree that Reality is sadistic? nay?
Or maybe you're just not making intelligent judgements here.
Can Reality even be sadistic?
We're born, we suffer, we die. Agree? disagree? why/why-not?
What role does passion have in all of this?
Does God have a right to anger? does No-God have a right to anger?
How do you determine that you're not a sadist yourself? perhaps we all take turns.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Whether you believe God exists or No-God exists, you can still agree that Reality is sadistic? nay?
Or maybe you're just not making intelligent judgements here.
Can Reality even be sadistic?
We're born, we suffer, we die. Agree? disagree? why/why-not?
What role does passion have in all of this?
Does God have a right to anger? does No-God have a right to anger?
How do you determine that you're not a sadist yourself? perhaps we all take turns.

Wait, what?

The ONLY point I'm making here is that by the OP's quotes, it's logical to conclude that the god described by those quotes is sadistic. I'm not making any other claims about the nature or people or the universe.

I believe this in a different sense. While I don't have the knowledge to deny the possibility of a possible creator god existing, I believe one can access spiritual experiences via the use of belief as a tool.

It's like this - part of how magick works is deprogramming yourself from the notion that "x will not, or cannot cause y." Will alone is not enough, you have to have trained your brain that said indirect action will bring change in conformity with your will. So, from my point of view, the reason people from different faiths that cannot exist together as objective explanations of reality can all have spiritual experiences associated with them is because of a combination of strong belief and strong will resulting in the creation of a godform, or godforms. So for me, instead of having belief as a reward for being convinced, I can use it as a tool.

Absolutely no shade towards people who believe otherwise, that's just my point of view. Take what I say with a grain of salt and don't let me tell you what your experiences really are.

leov

I believe this in a different sense. While I don't have the knowledge to deny the possibility of a possible creator god existing, I believe one can access spiritual experiences via the use of belief as a tool.

It's like this - part of how magick works is deprogramming yourself from the notion that "x will not, or cannot cause y." Will alone is not enough, you have to have trained your brain that said indirect action will bring change in conformity with your will. So, from my point of view, the reason people from different faiths that cannot exist together as objective explanations of reality can all have spiritual experiences associated with them is because of a combination of strong belief and strong will resulting in the creation of a godform, or godforms. So for me, instead of having belief as a reward for being convinced, I can use it as a tool.

Absolutely no shade towards people who believe otherwise, that's just my point of view. Take what I say with a grain of salt and don't let me tell you what your experiences really are.
good