• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fairy Folk?

rocala

Here in the U.K. I was recently a guest at the estate of a very wealthy person. A tour of the grounds was included but stopped short at a small hill. Nobody was allowed here as it was "home to fairies". The owner of the land takes this very seriously and this view, I am told, is respected by many.

Does anyone here believe in or suspect the existence of fairies, elves and such like?

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member
Here in the U.K. I was recently a guest at the estate of a very wealthy person. A tour of the grounds was included but stopped short at a small hill. Nobody was allowed here as it was "home to fairies". The owner of the land takes this very seriously and this view, I am told, is respected by many.

Does anyone here believe in or suspect the existance of fairies, elves and such like?

I don't put much stock in it. But, interesting story; A gentleman came in my music shop last year who was from Iceland. He said that there, they took this very seriously to the point where when they built a new road that they would go well around any hill or mound that was thought to be inhabited by Fairy folk.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Interesting. Are they a 'sometimes' physical entity? Purely spiritual or a sort of interdimensional being?
They're the spirits that animate nature. They're basically the soul of living things such as trees, other plants, bodies of water, rocks and so on. Sometimes you can glimpse them. I see the energy of trees as white and shimmering, for example. In my tradition, they're depicted as beautiful yet shy young women who frolic in the woods.

David1967

Premium Member
They're the spirits that animate nature. They're basically the soul of living things such as trees, other plants, bodies of water, rocks and so on. Sometimes you can glimpse them. I see the energy of trees as white and shimmering, for example. In my tradition, they're depicted as beautiful yet shy young women who frolic in the woods.

It is fascinating that so many cultures make reference to similar beings in their folklore. The Native Americans in my area also have legends of the "Little People". According to a Native friend of mine, it is bad luck and dangerous to even accidentally see them.

rocala

Hi @David1967 I did not know that this was part of Native American folk lore, I thought it was only European.
I was once told by a friend from Ireland that the worse thing you can do is mock them.

Mrpasserby

Do not just Believe 'Become', I am Sufficient.
'Does anyone here believe in or suspect the existence of fairies, elves and such like?'

Here is the title and the link that I mentioned in a private post:
The Re-emergence of the Fair Folk in the Ordinary World
But our world is changing rapidly and not for the better. We need the help of all our allies, which means we need to be allies worthy of help. The Fair Folk are re-emerging in the ordinary world. Take the time to learn a thing or two about them so they will be more likely to see you as an honorable person who they can deal with honorably.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

Does anyone here believe in or suspect the existence of fairies, elves and such like?
Yeah, I believe there are things by various names whose residence is primarily the so-called etheric plane (between the gross physical and the astral in vibrational frequency) and in a 4th dimension we can not perceive physically.

Here is something seriously investigated for the interested: Wollaton Park Gnomes

Mrpasserby

'Does anyone here believe in or suspect the existence of fairies, elves and such like?'

In my experience: the groups or individuals who can dwell as unseen even while they are in plain sight are for the most part more civilized than people realize.

The point to the following posted information, is that John Beckett a high druid has written extensively about the reasons that all hidden races are beginning to migrate into higher levels of noticeable physical activity.

'This is not a “what are the fae?” post, but I will say this: everything Disney taught you about faeries is wrong, and dangerous. They are not small, cute, and harmless. They range in size from tiny to giants, and while some are creatures of amazing beauty, others are the stuff of nightmares. As with humans, outward appearance is no guide to inner qualities. Some see us as occasionally useful simpletons, some as entertaining playthings, and some as lunch. by John Beckett High Druid.'
:)

Last edited:

Erebus

everything Disney taught you about faeries is wrong, and dangerous. They are not small, cute, and harmless.

I despise how Disney presented faeries.

The most interesting folk tales were full of blood-drinking, wild hunts, child snatching and rigged games. Far better than the sparkly ballerina image so many people have today.

Not that they couldn't be nice too. If they felt like it.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles

I'm open to the possibility, and my sister held on to similar beliefs for a long time. She stopped really believing in them even after she got letters from them a few times. I would believe in them as I would any other spirit; in this world, inseparable from it.

Mrpasserby

Erebus, my personal dealings with the fae, have for the most part been positive. I don't hold the fae accountable for any christian 'scary tails that were told to the folks in medieval times'. The point to my post was that John Beckett a high druid, has written extensively about all of the hidden races that are beginning to migrate into higher levels of noticeable physical activity.

Last edited:

Deidre

Looooove fairy tales. Literally. (But, don't necessarily believe in their existence)

But, oh how their world seems so filled with wonder....

fairy_forest_3_v3.jpg