• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fairies and other creatures of nature.

Cerridwen33

Curiouser and curiouser!
Hi! I am a fan of Celtic mythology and I believe that fairies (as believed by the Celts), do exist. I've read plenty of books and I know that they are mischievous, if not completely evil. Even so, I choose to believe. I am not delussional. I have heard stories from a friend I really trust, that her grandma saw them once, in York, England.
Suppose it is just a fantasy of mine...but it does me good as it intrigues me so much.

What do you think of fairies, and do you think that what I believe is possible nowadays? Or is it just a thing of a barbaric ppl like the Celts, belonging to those times of old?

I am really interested in your opinion if given with respect for mine...:blush:

Kirran

Premium Member
I'm on a kind of neither confirm nor deny thing. But Guru Sri Subramanium used to be in touch with all sorts of fairies and spirits in the woods around South Wales :)

roger1440

I do stuff
Hi! I am a fan of Celtic mythology and I believe that fairies (as believed by the Celts), do exist. I've read plenty of books and I know that they are mischievous, if not completely evil. Even so, I choose to believe. I am not delussional. I have heard stories from a friend I really trust, that her grandma saw them once, in York, England.
Suppose it is just a fantasy of mine...but it does me good as it intrigues me so much.

What do you think of fairies, and do you think that what I believe is possible nowadays? Or is it just a thing of a barbaric ppl like the Celts, belonging to those times of old?

If someone's "grandma saw them once" then it must be true.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist

If you listen to the wind,
listen very very closely,
then you can hear them.

But be careful now,
don't believe what they tell you,
but once you have heard them
you cannot un-hear them.

The universe is infinite.
Everything that is not illogical exists.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I believe in fairies and the existence of all sorts of nature spirits, ethereal beings and divinities, myself. A lot of people do, and those beliefs are found all over the world. There's nothing wrong with it.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Yep, I believe in many types of beings that exist just beyond the physical plane in etheric and astral levels and some are what people call fairies (and other elemental beings/nature spirits). It does make things more interesting and I also objectively believe they exist.

I am not sure I understand your 'mischievous, if not completely evil' statement though. But that is not something I have looked into much.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
from my experience, there are lots of things that can fall into those categories. most of them are indifferent to people. A few will like and get along with people, and a few will dislike and not get along with people.

My advice is, Be Respectful. Always.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist

I wonder if 'cat people' are more likely to believe in faeries than 'dog people' are?

Cerridwen33

Curiouser and curiouser!
Yep, I believe in many types of beings that exist just beyond the physical plane in etheric and astral levels and some are what people call fairies (and other elemental beings/nature spirits). It does make things more interesting and I also objectively believe they exist.

I am not sure I understand your 'mischievous, if not completely evil' statement though. But that is not something I have looked into much.

About the mischievous thing I go by the book 'British Goblins' by Wirt Sikes. It's free on the net and packed with information.;)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wonder if 'cat people' are more likely to believe in faeries than 'dog people' are?
Absolutely! I am the only exception.

Have you read The Magic of Findhorn, about an eco-village in Northern Scotland who's miraculous horticultural success is attributed to faeries or Nature-Devas?

In Ireland they still take their fairies seriously.
As do the Icelanders: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2015/mar/25/iceland-construction-respect-elves-or-else

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't say I have much of a perspective on fairies and am content leaving it to those who have the interest. It's quite possible (nay, probable) that various things I relate with in the apparent world and the otherworlds might be labeled "fae" by various persons and traditions, but I do not use the term myself.

Jedster

I'm on a kind of neither confirm nor deny thing. But Guru Sri Subramanium used to be in touch with all sorts of fairies and spirits in the woods around South Wales :)[/QUOTE
Weird. I am a dog person. Cats really frighten me!:oops:

Yes, I believe such beings exist because I have seen them on 2 occassions that I can recall.
I saw no evidence of evil intent, in fact in one case several of them were protecting someone from a possible danger.
That's the end of my witness statement, in full realisation that some will love to extract the urine.

PS I live with 3 cats and dogs come to visit too.
PPS @Kirran I live very near South Wales