• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fair Weather Voters?

Does the weather affect your voting choices?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • I stay away from the polls if the weather is bad

• Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays this voter from the polls

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • I don't vote either way

• Total voters

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Midterm Elections 2018: Will Weather Decide Them? | The Weather Channel

Interesting article on the Weather website.

At a Glance
  • History and studies have shown that weather can make a difference in voter turnout and outcomes.
  • Periods of rain throughout voting hours are expected in two states with the most-watched races.
  • Several studies have found that Republican candidates get a boost from bad weather.

It's 56° and clear here. High expected to be 85°.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I always use absentee voting.
This makes it easier to vex the left.
(I'd vex the right too, if I could. But
they don't appear to care how I vote.)

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I don't think I've missed an election since reaching the age of 18.

One issue I do run into, though, is that for many offices, especially local offices, there is only one candidate on the ballot: the other party is unwilling or unable to find anyone to run to offer an alternative to what is usually the incumbent, or just the candidate of the dominant political party.

Of the 15 positions being voted on today in my precinct, six have only one candidate. For State Senate, County Clerk, County Treasurer, Regional Superintendent of Schools, my County Board district, and two positions for Judge on the Appellate Court, the dominant political party candidate has no opponent, and for those positions, my ballot is therefore meaningless.

I do have the right to write-in a name for those positions, but for such a write-in vote to count, the candidate written in has to have registered as a write-in candidate...

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I will merrily crawl over fields of broken glass to make my crude tick marks

PureX

Veteran Member
The weather was good here, today, so I voted. I vote at a clown school (honest!), and it rained hard on the way there. But by the time I parked it stopped so I went in and voted for the green polka-dot clowns instead of the purple and yellow striped ones. Either way, I'm sure the circus will go on, though.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The weather was good here, today, so I voted. I vote at a clown school (honest!), and it rained hard on the way there. But by the time I parked it stopped so I went in and voted for the green polka-dot clowns instead of the purple and yellow striped ones. Either way, I'm sure the circus will go on, though.
Oh, the symbolism, eh? How poetic!

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Speaking of clowns... A few years back I had an uncle pass who was a Shriner Clown that marched during parades. When he died his pallbearers were his clown buddies in full regatta. My uncle was also a WWII Navy veteran with 21 years of service, so he received full military honors at the grave site. But evidently on one told the Navy Lt. Commander and the honor guard about the pallbearers. The looks on their faces when the funeral vehicle pulled up and those clowns came piling out was--as they say--priceless. I wish I had thought to take a picture of the clowns and sailors standing at attention shoulder to shoulder as they played TAPS. Didn't mean to derail the thread, your post just brought that back to mind.