1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FAGGOTS- FIREMAN SAM AND NON-HALA MEAT!

Discussion in 'European Politics' started by Bob Jones, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Guitar's Cry

Guitar's Cry Verisimilitudinous

Ratings:
    +1,768
    Religion:
    Panreligious mystical paganism
    I am. I hold no bigoted views against Muslims specifically that disallow me to see that they contribute in positive ways.

Sure, fundamentalism can be that. But that doesn't change the fact that Muslims in the West can be charitable.

Muslim Charity - Wikipedia

http://irusa.org/what-we-do/

Muslims give more to charity than others, UK poll says

Muslim Groups Raise Thousands for Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting Victims

2. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +15,156
    Religion:
    Atheist
    your sources show that Muslims in the U.K. are generous and one incident of giving in th U.S.. I was thinking more along the lines of Muslim governments in my objection.

3. Guitar's Cry

Guitar's Cry Verisimilitudinous

Ratings:
    +1,768
    Religion:
    Panreligious mystical paganism
    Which is not the intent of my refutation of the claim that Muslims do not contribute positively to the West.

4. Sapiens

Sapiens Polymathematician

Ratings:
    +2,710
    Religion:
    None
    It is a poor workman who blames his tools.
    That is not the question that you originally asked. You should inquire as to what cultural aspects do any religionists add to the United States culture through modern day immigration that are better or worse than those added by muslims?

5. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli What's your stoyle?

Ratings:
    +1,570
    Religion:
    Catholic
    That is a good question to ask, even though it's not the direction I was heading in. But for the sake of egalitarian dialogue, I'll recognize it.

...The difference is that most other religious immigrants tend to not seem nearly as offensive as the Muslims toward our already established culture. You don't see other immigrants, whether they be Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, Jew or whatever, act disruptive like this in their new host country:

Muslim immigrants in London:
    images.jpeg-4.jpg islam1.jpg

...This is rude, unacceptable behavior for new immigrants.

#85 Landon Caeli, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  6. Landon Caeli

Ratings:
    +1,570
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Does anyone have any evidence of other religious immigrants behaving and acting disruptive like this in their new country..?:

images.jpeg-5.jpg londonistan8.jpeg.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Landon Caeli

Ratings:
    +1,570
    Religion:
    Catholic
    #87 Landon Caeli, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  8. Sapiens

Sapiens Polymathematician

Ratings:
    +2,710
    Religion:
    None
    It is rude unacceptable behavior for native born, especially the heads of government. Why single out immigrants?

9. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,862
    Religion:
    None
    That isn't certified though, it just is. A business claiming to have a certification for something is specific.

Because it is essentially saying Muslims aren't welcome (indeed, that was very clearly the point). Carrying halal products as well as non-halal ones is saying everyone is welcome.

10. danieldemol

danieldemol Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,400
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    I don’t think it is saying Muslims aren’t welcome, it is just making it clear that the food is not halal certified, Muslims are still welcome to buy the non-halal food.

But I suppose as long as you expect Muslim butcheries to carry non-halal products as well to make everyone feel welcome you are at least being consistent (even if it is silly reasoning on your part)

11. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,862
    Religion:
    None
    I don't believe you. It wasn’t making anything clear because it was purportedly a joke and the meat wasn’t actually certified either way. And the formal legal ruling, based on all the evidence, not just a casual third-hand description on a message board, determined that discrimination was an aspect of it.

This has nothing to do with what the butcher actually sold, only what he wrote. He could have actually stocked halal meat, the sign would still have been a problem.