• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

facts, opinions, and beliefs

thanx mr. sprinkles: heisenberg had problems with definitions. socrates or descartes once said, "i think therefore i am." one can expound and say i am aware therefore i exist; i feel therefor i am; i see(unless blind); i hear etc.; i smell etc.; i taste etc.

refer to my topic on senses, u will be pleasantly surprised. luv. butch

Mr. sprinkles: einstein was wrong about his general and specific theories of relativity. only one scientist would back him up and that was probalbly so he feel better as he never would admit being wrong.
l love albett: he made science popular. i don't like combing my hair either, only when necessary. i like his style.

Lightkeeper said:
Many scientific discoveries were made by religious people, i.e. Newton and Hawkings. You can't assume all religious people don't question. Religion like everything else is evolving. Stephen Hawkings says "the goal is to know the mind of God."

Good point--however, they used science to discover those things, not religion. I apologize if it seemed like I was suggesting that no religious people question. What I meant to say is that it is better to treat ideas as theories, rather than have "belief" in them (in my opinion). Many religious people today are already doing this with their religious ideas (notably the Unitarians), and I commend them for that. :clap:

trishtrish10

Mr. Sprinkles and jon, you both mean well, but i think you just don't agree on definitions. ideas, theories, and beliefs differ somewhat that's why there are three words. look up the definitions and then expound.
if one believes in the Creator and his omnipotence, then u well know that all ideas, theories, and beliefs come from God or his counterpart, a fallen angel.

Master Vigil

And if one does not believe in the creator and his omnipotence, the you well know that all ideas, theories, and beliefs come from us and the earth. Not a god, or fallen angel. And if you do believe in gods omnipotence, than even what comes from the fallen angel, first comes from god. That means god is responsible for evil.

SPIIRIT

Master Vigil;

And if one does not believe in the creator and his omnipotence, the you well know that all ideas, theories, and beliefs come from us and the earth. Not a god, or fallen angel. And if you do believe in gods omnipotence, than even what comes from the fallen angel, first comes from god. That means god is responsible for evil.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

**ADMIN EDIT**. God long ago trumped you query concerning the root source of all Evil. (Isaiah 45:7/King James 1611 version).

Also The Creator of all things says this: "I am all things to all men"!

Just food for thought.

TDW.

Ceridwen018

SPIIRIT,

Well, I'm not certain what your reply to that was, but it seems like you'd be a perfect candidate for one of the threads concerning evil and whether or not god is responsible. Check it out.

Master Vigil, I agree.

Master Vigil

You say the creator says that, I disagree. I say that people said that the creator said that. Which means, they made it up. And to prove anything about god by using the bible is using circular reasoning. Which doesn't prove a thing.

SPIIRIT

Master Vigil...now you really stepped in it!...All coming from God, we are all of God and think speak and do as god's. If not then how are we responsible to any God for anything?

Also...using the word "Prove" is a dead giveaway that I am confronting an athiest without doubt. Therefore I will have no more chat with you sir!

Master Vigil

I thought my feet smelt funny. We are all part of Tao yes, but we are not responsible to any made up anthropomorphic idea of god. And no I am not an athiest, I am a taoist. But I suppose it's better to go to hell as a taoist than an athiest.