• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facts about the human body

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Fingernails grow faster on the hand a person writes with. They also grow faster than toenails, and faster on longer fingers.

I suspected such. :oops:

Daemon Sophic

Greetings one & all!

Hope you are enjoying your time with us here at the forum ...

I found a trivia site the other day -

90 Mind-Blowing Human Body Facts | FactRetriever.com

Hard to pick out just one ...

If a human being’s DNA were uncoiled, it would stretch 10 billion miles, from Earth to Pluto and back.

Enjoy your day!
Ummmm....that DNA quote is rather misleading.
The length of a human chromosome, completely uncoiled, would be anywhere between 6 to 9 feet.
The stellar cruise number that you are quoting would be if you unraveled the chromosome of each and every cell in your body, and strung them all out in a single line. ;)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Fingernails grow faster on the hand a person writes with. They also grow faster than toenails, and faster on longer fingers.

I suspected such. :oops:
Nice one, I just cut my nails, equally, and check in 1 week which grew fastest:D

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Nice one, I just cut my nails, equally, and check in 1 week which grew fastest:D
Well I am right-handed and always appear to be filing the right thumbnail down more than the left one, but I didn't know this for fact until Geoff's post. :thumbsup:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Well I am right-handed and always appear to be filing the right thumbnail down more than the left one, but I didn't know this for fact until Geoff's post. :thumbsup:
Aha, so you already have proven this one;). Filing is good, to make an accurate test:). My grow speed of both nails depend on diet also, I know