• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fact check: Donald Trump and Kamala Harris and guns.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And rightfully so.

And gun control never stopped criminals to have fire arms.
If Jesus was still around, do you think he'd most likely carry a AR-15, or a AK-47, or a Glock with an extended clip? Just asken.;)

esmith

Veteran Member
If Jesus was still around, do you think he'd most likely carry a AR-15, or a AK-47, or a Glock with an extended clip? Just asken.;)
Nah, since this was what is now Israel he would have used a IWI-Tavor-21 and gone down fighting the Romans

esmith

Veteran Member
Just to educate you @metis
A Glock does not have a "clip" it has a "magazine".
I still marvel at those who have little or limited knowledge of firearms but seem to think they know enough to try a dictate to others what firearms one should own.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
:D I think Jesus is upgrading his weaponry:

Revelation 19:15
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Sharp sword I guess ;)

Although our weapons and fight is not against flesh and blood, those who don't know Jesus might need a little help.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Just to educate you @metis
I still marvel at those who have little or limited knowledge of firearms but seem to think they know enough to try a dictate to others what firearms one should own.

Much like old men who know nothing about the female body dictating what a woman can do with the one she owns.

(off topic I know, just sayin)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
:D I think Jesus is upgrading his weaponry:

Revelation 19:15
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Sharp sword I guess ;)

Although our weapons and fight is not against flesh and blood, those who don't know Jesus might need a little help.

You might want to check these out, especially focusing on the verses found in the NT: What Does the Bible Say About Peace?

A sample:
Matthew 26[52]Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword will perish by the sword."

John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Matthew 5:9
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Romans 12:18
If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.

Hebrews 12:14
Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Romans 8:6
For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

James 3:18
And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

1 Peter 3:9-11
Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing. For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it.

Romans 12:17-21
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I got ya outnumbered! :p Also, I cannot even in my wildest nightmare picture Jesus, the Prince of Peace, carrying gun.

BTW, for what it's worth, I do not have a gun in our house nor would I allow anyone to bring one in with the exception of the police. If I had kept a loaded gun in our house, I wouldn't have a son as he tried to commit suicide twice as a teenager by cutting his wrists (he suffers from bipolar disorder). He told me if I had a gun in the house he would have used it on himself. He's now 48 and owns his own company.

Kenny

Premium Member
You might want to check these out, especially focusing on the verses found in the NT: What Does the Bible Say About Peace?

A sample:
Matthew 26[52]Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword will perish by the sword."

John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Matthew 5:9
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Romans 12:18
If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.

Hebrews 12:14
Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Romans 8:6
For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

James 3:18
And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

1 Peter 3:9-11
Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing. For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it.

Romans 12:17-21
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I got ya outnumbered! :p Also, I cannot even in my wildest nightmare picture Jesus, the Prince of Peace, carrying gun.

BTW, for what it's worth, I do not have a gun in our house nor would I allow anyone to bring one in with the exception of the police. If I had kept a loaded gun in our house, I wouldn't have a son as he tried to commit suicide twice as a teenager by cutting his wrists (he suffers from bipolar disorder). He told me if I had a gun in the house he would have used it on himself. He's now 48 and owns his own company.

Who am I to argue with the Noah's flood of scripture? (I was just playing with you when I made reference to Revelationand know we are in the season of grace)

As far as your home VERY wise decision. It is the very reason we decided not to have alcoholic beverages in our home-potential disaster and my wife coming from an abusive alcoholic home.

I'm glad your son overcame. My niece didn't and took her life at 21 (however, not with a gun).

Kenny

Premium Member
So sorry to read this, but may she r.i.p. with the Lord.
Thank you Metis. I really believe she is and we are comforted by the thought. Can't imagine what it was like for my sister. It was the child she birthed at 15.

ecco

Veteran Member
Guns make it easy to kill people.
Some guns make it easy to kill many people quickly.

There. I have demonstrated all anyone needs to know about guns in order to ban them.