• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook: Used to have it but shut it down. Too much drama and BS

We Never Know

No Slack
You're so old. :p Lol.
Im this old ...

59797_28be70b9b60e19b9424bfbaf733ab630.jpg

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How do you get bad comments and frustration from facebook?

I'd assume it's similar to RF, but with more freedom to block your account from public viewing and choose which "pages" you're interested in and not join any groups you're not interested in or will cause you stress. I go on RF majority of the time, but never knew how one can have conversation, arguments, and things like that on Facebook unless maybe they are choosing to interact in groups that they find out is a hazard to their health? I rarely go on Facebook other than to see running quotes, recipes, and once in a blue moon say hello to family.

Viker

Häxan

I'd assume it's similar to RF, but with more freedom to block your account from public viewing and choose which "pages" you're interested in and not join any groups you're not interested in or will cause you stress. I go on RF majority of the time, but never knew how one can have conversation, arguments, and things like that on Facebook unless maybe they are choosing to interact in groups that they find out is a hazard to their health? I rarely go on Facebook other than to see running quotes, recipes, and once in a blue moon say hello to family.
It's the inescapable news feed mostly. Facebook works with Google. Anything you do on Google follows you to Facebook. Any thing you post on Facebook feeds the ads and recommendations.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It's the inescapable news feed mostly. Facebook works with Google. Anything you do on Google follows you to Facebook. Any thing you post on Facebook feeds the ads and recommendations.

Hmm. I actually never came across that. All my content is intentional and the ads are oldball Facebook posts that I don't think anyone can comment on. I know I blocked notifications from a few family members who post either hello or a Jesus quote, but other than that.

Settings maybe? I know on Google you can "suggest" some ads to never appear on webpages you visit.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

I remember getting chewed out once by an acquaintance because I hadn't responded to the birthday party invitation she'd sent over FB for her daughter's party. I hadn't logged on in a week, and I hadn't seen it...

I also remember all the friend/family drama... I wasn't a part of any group, but I guess I just associated with enough crazy people. I could have blocked them, but then I'd be questioned about that... I used to get guilt trips from people because I hadn't checked their posts... I just didn't use it that much! It was like having an account required I live on it or get negative reactions!

We Never Know

No Slack
Its the same here unless you have the ad blockers. Google something then come here, it will be in the adds. That's another reason why I run 2 different ad blockers.

Viker

Häxan
Hmm. I actually never came across that. All my content is intentional and the ads are oldball Facebook posts that I don't think anyone can comment on. I know I blocked notifications from a few family members who post either hello or a Jesus quote, but other than that.

Settings maybe? I know on Google you can "suggest" some ads to never appear on webpages you visit.
It'll still get to you. Bottom line, the whole world can figure you out and show up sooner or later. I posted one thing about a gun and every known militia, gun company, nra, etc. Was in my feed. I blocked and it's still like a permanent stain.

Viker

Häxan
Its the same here unless you have the ad blockers. Google something then come here, it will be in the adds. That's another reason why I run 2 different ad blockers.
I have them too. Nothing seems to stop the inevitable with my account. I only use it to check on old friends.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It'll still get to you. Bottom line, the whole world can figure you out and show up sooner or later. I posted one thing about a gun and every known militia, gun company, nra, etc. Was in my feed. I blocked and it's still like a permanent stain.

Wow. My coworker said the same. Something about how Google collects info and cookies. Computer tech would know more than I. Stylistics or something or other.

We Never Know

No Slack
Wow. My coworker said the same. Something about how Google collects info and cookies. Computer tech would know more than I. Stylistics or something or other.
Every social media site makes money from ads. This site is no different, its a social media site(but a lot better than facebook). Google something then come here, it will be in the ads(unless your use an ad blocker).

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I remember getting chewed out once by an acquaintance because I hadn't responded to the birthday party invitation she'd sent over FB for her daughter's party. I hadn't logged on in a week, and I hadn't seen it...

I also remember all the friend/family drama... I wasn't a part of any group, but I guess I just associated with enough crazy people. I could have blocked them, but then I'd be questioned about that... I used to get guilt trips from people because I hadn't checked their posts... I just didn't use it that much! It was like having an account required I live on it or get negative reactions!

Sheesh. Tell them you got more important things to do then check Facebook.

Years ago I posted a collage of two men, two women, and a man and female couples during pride month. One of my aquintances decided to comment on how it was a sin and all of that. My uncle, a minister, was getting on me though we never speak. I think they got the message later on.

Actually, that's the only time I remember my being frustrated but it was so short lived...

I just find it odd but I don't live around family and no friends like that. Just me.

It's not worth the trouble.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Every social media site makes money from ads. This site is no different, its a social media site(but a lot better than facebook). Google something then come here, it will be in the ads(unless your use an ad blocker).

I'd have to cut off the blocker. The only ads I come across on websites are health related ones and once in a blue moon my schools would come up or something saying did you graduate? Take this course. Guess it depends on which sites you look at?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Sheesh. Tell them you got more important things to do then check Facebook.

Years ago I posted a collage of two men, two women, and a man and female couples during pryde month. One of my aquintences decided to comment on how it was a sin and all of that. My uncle, a minister, was getting on me though we never speak. I think they got the message later on.

Actually, that's the only time I remember my being frustrated but it was so short lived...

I just find it odd but I don't live around family and no friends like that. Just me.

It's not worth the trouble.

As a young mother, what else would I have to do other than check Facebook? :rolleyes:

A deep impression was made on me by another young mother sitting near me on a kids' Christmas train ride. She took a picture of herself and her kids in the train seat, and spent almost the entire ride editing, posting, and then responding to comments on said picture. She missed the ride!

Viker

Häxan
And then that other thing, FB becoming an obsession and addiction. :p

Break the feed! You have nothing to lose but Lord Zuckerbergs' grip on you!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
As a young mother, what else would I have to do other than check Facebook? :rolleyes:

A deep impression was made on me by another young mother sitting near me on a kids' Christmas train ride. She took a picture of herself and her kids in the train seat, and spent almost the entire ride editing, posting, and then responding to comments on said picture. She missed the ride!

Wow. Profound (sounds like something one would draw or write about)

".... When you look at someone long enough, you discover their humanity."

We Never Know

No Slack

She is missing a lot of life for social media. Not worth it but to some its what life is.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Facebook taught me many things...but one thing that stands out is not very many people seemed to be happy in life, with their selves, or how even how they look.

I decided facebook was where people went that didn't like the real world. That was shown by all the whining, the griping, they crying, the complaining, the drama, the political posts, the conspiracy posts, the self-pity posts, so much fake BS, etc.

I once ran into someone in a store that was my friend on facebook but I didn't recognize them because they used so many filters on their photos. That was enough for me lol
I was not on there very long before I got off. There is nothing there for me, nothing of interest.
Unfortunately I still get e-mail notifications from people who maybe assume I am still on there. :rolleyes: