• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook: Used to have it but shut it down. Too much drama and BS

We Never Know

No Slack
Facebook taught me many things...but one thing that stands out is not very many people seemed to be happy in life, with their selves, or how even how they look.

I decided facebook was where people went that didn't like the real world. That was shown by all the whining, the griping, they crying, the complaining, the drama, the political posts, the conspiracy posts, the self-pity posts, so much fake BS, etc.

I once ran into someone in a store that was my friend on facebook but I didn't recognize them because they used so many filters on their photos. That was enough for me lol

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I walked away probably 8 years ago. I logged on one morning, didn't like at all what I saw. It occurred to me I seldom liked what I saw, and I wasn't required to keep seeing it. I logged off, never to log on again. Deleted my account sometime after.

The perks:

Less drama and BS, as you say. Waling away eased up some of the anxiety I was having
Free from the constant onslaught of 'news'
More time for other things
More privacy

The drawbacks:

I lost some friends. I was in my late 20s at the time, and there were a chunk of people that were not willing to communicate in another way
Exclusion from certain groups, who will not communicate in another way
You get comments about how rude or suspicious you are

For some, the benefits of not using are greater than the benefits of using. For others, its the other way around.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I walked away probably 8 years ago. I logged on one morning, didn't like at all what I saw. It occurred to me I seldom liked what I saw, and I wasn't required to keep seeing it. I logged off, never to log on again. Deleted my account sometime after.

The perks:

Less drama and BS, as you say. Waling away eased up some of the anxiety I was having
Free from the constant onslaught of 'news'
More time for other things
More privacy

The drawbacks:

I lost some friends. I was in my late 20s at the time, and there were a chunk of people that were not willing to communicate in another way
Exclusion from certain groups, who will not communicate in another way
You get comments about how rude or suspicious you are

For some, the benefits of not using are greater than the benefits of using. For others, its the other way around.
I never signed up.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Facebook taught me many things...but one thing that stands out is not very many people seemed to be happy in life, with their selves, or how even how they look.

I decided facebook was where people went that didn't like the real world. That was shown by all the whining, the griping, they crying, the complaining, the drama, the political posts, the conspiracy posts, the self-pity posts, so much fake BS, etc.

I once ran into someone in a store that was my friend on facebook but I didn't recognize them because they used so many filters on their photos. That was enough for me lol
I stopped when face book kept sending me messages that said my friends sent me the message. They didn't. It just takes that liberty whenever they post something.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I never signed up.

You didn't miss much.

I think I signed up out of sheer boredom, and much later than most of my peers. Was on for about a year. I don't miss it at all, though I do sometimes feel hurt by comments, like the time an aunt sat real close, and talked loudly about how rude and difficult it was that another relative wouldn't use FB. I can take a hint.

We Never Know

No Slack
My account just lies dormant. I check in maybe once a month or two.
I deactivated mine 7-8 months ago.
If I kept it active it was like having chocolate but not needing to eat it. It always called out my name so I would finally give in lol

Jeremiah Ames

congratulations

never been on facebook

never used twitter, or any of the other weird sounding thingamajigs

ah, but I do have a Prime account. that’s bad enough

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Do I win a prize? :p
hqdefault (1).jpg

You're #1!