• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook and politic terms

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Hello all

I have personal issue I want to share with you .
I publish a politic video about politic in Algeria , I am with VOTE , so who against the vote reported me as fake account.

My facebook account created in 2010, not fake , so 10 years friends will gone because 1 single politic video reported !!
They ask me picture , I sent them .
Anyone experience this,help , I never pass this situation before.

This the facebook message :
You Can't Use Facebook Right Now
We're currently reviewing your submission.

We're always looking out for the security of our community, so until then you won't be able to use Facebook.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm sorry this has happened to you Godobeyer; I hope you can return to your account soon.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I'm sorry this has happened to you Godobeyer; I hope you can return to your account soon.
Thanks for your.solidarity.
its back just few.moment ago . i though your are blessed person:)

This experience made me. very scare

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Glad you got your service back.

I've had that happen to me three times on three different sites including this one. @ADigitalArtist helped me with some software glitch that blocked me out, and my account was restored quickly.

A second was Yahoo! Answers - a site where people ask questions and volunteers attempt to answer them. There was no way to contact them to discover if that was an accident or intentional, and if the latter, why. I eventually encountered somebody on another site who was an insider on Yahoo! Answers, and she got my account restored, but by then, I had lost interest in their site and never returned, although I had enjoyed researching people's questions and answering them for years, often with material I had just learned. But I was through making contributions on their site because of the shabby treatment I received. But I kept everything I wrote in Word documents, which I still refer to from time to time for posting here.

Another was Topix, now defunct, which I believe I was deliberately banned from, but once again, I don't know why. @ChristineM , @Polymath257 , and @Subduction Zone were all on that site and came over to this one about that same time in early 2017. In my case, I hadn't even been told that my posting had been shadow-blocked, so that nobody but I could see those posts. It took awhile to realize that I had been banned without a warning, explanation, or even a notification.

So, that's life on the Internet.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
There existed this other site I tried to sign up for. This other site seemed cool, but had very strict rules. Lot of people got banned from it.

Well I unknowingly tried to sign up with the same username as a member who had existed previously, who was banned. For that reason, the site branded me as that banned member for most intents and purposes, allowing me to still read the site, but not be able to sign up.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello all

I publish a politic video about politic in Algeria , I am with VOTE , so who against the vote reported me as fake account.

My facebook account created in 2010, not fake , so 10 years friends will gone because 1 single politic video reported !!

We're always looking out for the security of our community, so until then you won't be able to use Facebook.

Hi there,

So sorry this happened to you. I don't know much about the political situation in Algeria. Does the government censor political messages on social media? Is there a controversy going on about a recent election?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Glad you got your service back.

I've had that happen to me three times on three different sites including this one. @ADigitalArtist helped me with some software glitch that blocked me out, and my account was restored quickly.

A second was Yahoo! Answers - a site where people ask questions and volunteers attempt to answer them. There was no way to contact them to discover if that was an accident or intentional, and if the latter, why. I eventually encountered somebody on another site who was an insider on Yahoo! Answers, and she got my account restored, but by then, I had lost interest in their site and never returned, although I had enjoyed researching people's questions and answering them for years, often with material I had just learned. But I was through making contributions on their site because of the shabby treatment I received. But I kept everything I wrote in Word documents, which I still refer to from time to time for posting here.

Another was Topix, now defunct, which I believe I was deliberately banned from, but once again, I don't know why. @ChristineM , @Polymath257 , and @Subduction Zone were all on that site and came over to this one about that same time in early 2017. In my case, I hadn't even been told that my posting had been shadow-blocked, so that nobody but I could see those posts. It took awhile to realize that I had been banned without a warning, explanation, or even a notification.

So, that's life on the Internet.

Dont forget @Dan From Smithville but he joined us here some time later and one or few others i would rather not mention ;-)

I have theories as to why we were so ignorantly shadow shadow banned and blame the aftermath of trump's election with perhaps some financial incentives from a foreign government propagander organisation. But hey, maybe im paranoid ;-)

One thing is sure. Topix lost close on 70% lf is users and then continued to the end to misrepresent is user base by ignoring that loss when welcoming new advertisers.

Anyway RF is far better

shmogie

Hello all

I have been in Facebook jail a number of times. It isn't so bad, unless they put you on bread and water.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Hi there,

So sorry this happened to you. I don't know much about the political situation in Algeria. Does the government censor political messages on social media? Is there a controversy going on about a recent election?
Yes it's very serious situation .
Some people used a voilence and provocation against police in protests .
I hope will not end like Syria and Libya anyway.

Shad

Veteran Member
Hello all

Fight the report against you. I am assuming you are not advocating anything radical or violent. People will use the report function to silent speech/views they do not like. The report function is easy to abuse as evidence isn't required before clicking report while you must prove you are innocent or the view isn't in violation of FB rules.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Dont forget @Dan From Smithville but he joined us here some time later and one or few others i would rather not mention ;-)

I have theories as to why we were so ignorantly shadow shadow banned and blame the aftermath of trump's election with perhaps some financial incentives from a foreign government propagander organisation. But hey, maybe im paranoid ;-)

One thing is sure. Topix lost close on 70% lf is users and then continued to the end to misrepresent is user base by ignoring that loss when welcoming new advertisers.

Anyway RF is far better
I hope he hasn't forgotten me. I came to RF through his recommendation.

I have wondered how many people from Topic came over here besides those you mentioned. I know one I won't name, but I can ignore him.

Dogen has an account, but does not post.

I had a few.posts removed, but never had the problems that you all experienced on Topix. The big problem was the cost of all that freedom was a proliferation of a few very abusive posters using multiple accounts to attack others and destroy discussion so they could get attention and sympathy. Our nameless one was one of the biggest of those abusers.

RF is vastly better and far more interesting.

ChristineM

Premium Member

I have wondered how many people from Topic came over here besides those you mentioned. I know one I won't name, but I can ignore him.

I had a few.posts removed, but never had the problems that you all experienced on Topix. The big problem was the cost of all that freedom was a proliferation of a few very abusive posters using multiple accounts to attack others and destroy discussion so they could get attention and sympathy. Our nameless one was one of the biggest of those abusers.

I know of a few other topix posters including your 'he who cannot be named' (who i haven't seen for a while) one of whom may have been here for some years and one, I haven't seen for a few months but he's a hit and run petty abuser so he will probably be back.

Hedonist Heretic not seen him recently either

Dogen of course

Damn, forgotten the name. Retired guy, made his own enriched water for his plants. His avatar was a slimy green liquid (for watering his plants) . From Az i think, Rather to the point, strong, didn't give a f*** language, i cant find him on my following list so i think he may have been banned from here.

ChristineM

Premium Member

What d'ya know. My drive by poster has turned up with a new user name

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I know of a few other topix posters including your 'he who cannot be named' (who i haven't seen for a while) one of whom may have been here for some years and one, I haven't seen for a few months but he's a hit and run petty abuser so he will probably be back.

Hedonist Heretic not seen him recently either

Dogen of course

Damn, forgotten the name. Retired guy, made his own enriched water for his plants. His avatar was a slimy green liquid (for watering his plants) . From Az i think, Rather to the point, strong, didn't give a f*** language, i cant find him on my following list so i think he may have been banned from here.
Regolith based lifeform, I beleave. A nice guy. Close, but I am pretty sure it is southern California.

I tried to tag him, but it didn't work.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Regolith based lifeform, I beleave. A nice guy. Close, but I am pretty sure it is southern California.

I tried to tag him, but it didn't work.

Thats the guy, thanks, real nice guy but didnt bold back. I am guessing all traces of him have been expunged. Hope he's OK, i miss our little chats about plants.