• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Face your shadow

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings everyone!

Hope yo are all well.

How many of you have heard about facing your dark side?

It can be a scary thing to do - I know ...

Here are a few tips I found almost by "accident" at a recent site I was browsing -

The shadow self is mostly (though not completely) comprised of negative traits and aspects of our personality. The reason for this is quite simple — we hide the parts of ourselves that we don’t want the world to see.

Shadow work is a work in progress. Jungians suggest that finding and assimilating with our shadow self must be done over the course of a lifetime.

The process never ceases, but once you learn the right approach, you’ll be able to finally move to further stages of shadow integration.

Practicing these six strategies may help you encounter, merge, and assimilate with your shadow self.

For the full article -

Shadow Work: Come to the Dark Side, We Have Self-Acceptance

Enjoy!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's a nice place to be. But then again I was born there, and when they tried to take me out of it things got really bad for me, then I crawled back home and things got better.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Thats the same as demonism!

Congratulations, you might get possessed!
Not at all. This basically involves you jumping into your own abyss to stare yourself down and address things you either keep very repressed and buried deep or the absolute worst of you. A more recent example of mine is when I realized I'm actually a pretty angry person, which I realized only after I became less angry overall and had an outburst of anger that was not proportionate to whatever it was that had happened. And it was basically "facing that shadow" that prompted my inner dialogue to question and challenge my outburst, leading to further observations and realizations, and I ended up I pretty much have my mom's temper, and it's not always a good thing.