• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Face the Nation with Sha'irullah

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I only wish I had my own news broadcast but this will do :D.

Throw thine spear and thrust thou armies into me for all shall lay smitten and stricketh with awe at my responses.

Or in simple words . . . ask me whatever you want about me except for the length of my pinky fingers. I am sensitive about my pinkies :(

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Throw thine spear and thrust thou armies into me for all shall lay smitten and stricketh with awe at my responses.

Or in simple words . . . ask me whatever you want about me except for the length of my pinky fingers. I am sensitive about my pinkies :(

What is your view on free will.
What is your view on morals i.e. right vs wrong.

Topics I like like, so what topics do you like to discuss?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
What is your view on free will.

I am a bit on the fence on free will on the moment and am currently going through research of it as I am trying to depart the emotional aspect from free will.

As for my current and most substantiated stance I am a hard determinist and find no reason to believe in free will. I find free will in conflict with the Big Bang Theory and also with the initial premise of the Teleological Argument and the badly worded Kalam Cosmological argument.

If we as humans are created by a singular or multitude of causes them any set of interactions that sucede after it are all calculable and measurable as a result of initial occurrence. Whether you remove all gods, only have one god or any number of gods the same conclusion can be reached.
What is your view on morals i.e. right vs wrong.

I am a strong support of virtue ethics and Stoicism and I am a staunch opponent of care ethics and consequentialism.

Care ethics promotes coddling and a normative to cater to all groups and appeal to external forces that although may not be immoral but become dangerous psychologically or socially taxing. It would be like catering to a delusional person and ensuring his delusions no matter how ridiculous seem real.

Consequentialism does not lead one to any form of universality and ultimately does not hold weight when one is by themselves and free of moral obligations to external forces be it people or the state.

Virtue and Stoic ethics when dismantled promote an ethical system that is inward and promotes the uplifting of an individual and the withdrawal of external factors completely. To denounce unproductivity and promote positive character that can only exercise the mental faculties that will posit benefits without relying or altering external ones. Under this ethical viewpoint everything from murder, masturbation, and wedlock becomes immoral as one is not reaching the ethical minimum to ensure positive results towards one mental fortitude and production of moral reciprocation.

Posit the fact that a child is born out of wedlock and without the institution of marriage one cannot ensure at least a minimum effort to ensure one is not afflicted by responsibility and also more successful at achieving responsibility. Marriage would be more beneficial as it would ensure stability for the child and provide responsibility for the parents as responsibility is a virtue and gift in of itself as it leads to productivity. Indeed if the maximum is not achievable then the very minimum given the circumstances must be made. Under such a system forgiveness would be charity and anger would be akin to murder making minimums and maximums of ethical behavior more defined and absolutive in conceptions of facing morals dilemmas.

Topics I like like, so what topics do you like to discuss?

I like philosophy and politics mostly. I spend a lot of my time going through this and you are asking great questions my friend :). If you think I gave an inadequate response please tell me until you get the response you are satisfied with. I do believe it is your right to understand the people you have discourse with.

Last edited:

Aldrnari

Which would you prefer:

Large splinters being shoved up under your finger nails, or being given your own private island with no strings attached?

Choose wisely...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How would you reform US monetary policy?
(And it's not an option to reanimate Milton Friedman.)

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Which would you prefer:

Large splinters being shoved up under your finger nails, or being given your own private island with no strings attached?

Choose wisely...

Hmmmm I am a very hermitted person who enjoys silence. That island is sounding very appealing and it also sounds like a perfect place for a nudist colony :D. I would choose Island no doubt

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
How would you reform US monetary policy?
(And it's not an option to reanimate Milton Friedman.)

MOTHERF***ING GODD**MIT! :mad: I swear by the tip of my nipples I will bring that beautiful sexy Jew back! Next to Jesus he is greatest Jew to walk the earth!

And yes I would love to see less control over the US currency and implement more practical manners of monetary exchange. This was deemed a crime in the LIbertarian community when Bernard von NotHaur was deemed a terrorist for making an alternative currency and completely slandered against in US court and after his incarceration.

The US also regulates gold prices and the legal exchange of precious metal so at not to delegitimize USD

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

What is your Empathy Quotient?
Empathy Quotient

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
What is your Empathy Quotient?
Empathy Quotient
qeoe8uWOfD-aZcOj_RHyQXS-PRxKfvylzV48zHuAufOwvBacrkAC9O6yt6w404IpEh_orFkxeK2N3dmAN4sv=w1360-h662

I have no idea if that is a good thing or a bad thing quite frankly but I will let you be the judge of that :D.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
How did you get into Islam in the first place? Are your family Muslim?

My family is from the south, being Mississippi and Oklahoma primarily. They are all Christian of some sort or another. I grew up going to the church owned by Frederick KC Price a very famous TV minister who is a total scam artist as most Christians complain.

I never liked him and around 13 I began studying Arabic initially due to my love of Asian history and also my love of fantasy. From that started my interest in Platonic philosophy and exposure to al-Ghazali which at that time lead to my interest in Islam when I was 14. Considering I live pretty close to a lot of Islamic communities it was very easy to get what I needed and things like a Qur'an were accessible to me and my conversion to Islam occurred with my Shahadah and I very quickly began living as a Muslim.

Throughout my teens years I never told anyone I was a Muslim and by the time I deconverted after about 4-5 years I went on to study Left Hand Path nonsense and paganism. When I was loosing my faith in Islam I went through a lot of study and essentially became very fluent with Islamic discussion and especially the oddities of Islamic philosophy.

Srivijaya

Thanks for that. As a non-American, whenever I think of Americans of colour adopting Islam I tend to think of The Nation of Islam; Muhammad Ali (the boxer), Malcolm X etc. Which is probably a massive oversimplification.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Thanks for that. As a non-American, whenever I think of Americans of colour adopting Islam I tend to think of The Nation of Islam; Muhammad Ali (the boxer), Malcolm X etc. Which is probably a massive oversimplification.

Massive oversimplification. Nation of Islam is truly not that relevant although I live in a black neighborhood where it shows up in poor areas. I was a Sunni and followed the madhabb known as Hanafiyyah and later I got involved in Tassawufi'yah collectively and moved on to Qur'ani'yah before I deconverted. Was rather complicated looking back on it but I complain about being a Muslim so much because it took up all my teenage years and perhaps one could argue it ruined me to a greater degree.

Srivijaya

Perhaps it was something you needed to go through on your path. We can't get it right first time, otherwise how do we know when we do get it right? A bit of messing up first helps us appreciate the truth when we find it.

Srivijaya

I have one other question which I believe you could help with, due to your background.

In your opinion, to what extent can Islamists find justification for their acts of violence in their scriptures? I mean are they willfully distorting a religion of peace or are there 'grey areas' which are open to interpretation?

I'm pretty certain that suicide bombers etc really believe they are following the commands but is this true?