• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FACE MASK FASHIONS!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How close are you to people?

Paramedics wear masks that look like from the ghost busters. I'm sure the everyday public doesn't need all that.
....Unless the public is moving through clouds of suspended viruses, wafting slowly through a room, like smoke from a cigarette. There's also a new, more contagious strain spreading about, so far fewer inhaled viruses are needed to contract Covid 19. Mutated COVID-19 Viral Strain in U.S. and Europe 10 Times More Contagious than Original Strain
even a partially effective mask is better than none at all...better still is keeping distance (6 feet/2 meters is a minimum, not absolute) and reducing time within snotshot makes a partially effective mask more effective...
Agreed, but if airborn, rather than droplet transmission is found to be significant, high risk individuals might choose to go with the most effective masks they can obtain.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
s-l1000.jpg
Is that an unfiltered, exhalation vent I see? :rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Is that an unfiltered, exhalation vent I see? :rolleyes:
Then you understand my priorities.
I wondered how many would catch that.

That style of mask fits me well....great sealing ability.
The unvented kind seal very poorly.
But I have them to wear over the N95 kind.
Together, they do the best possible job, & are comfy..

Most people I see wearing masks have gaps
around the nose.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Is that the royal "we"? ;-)

Second was produced by volunteers for the local community in association with the mairie with patterns and materials provided free by the government. Unfortunately summer is here now and they are a wee bit warm to wear

View attachment 41414

After that i moved to shop bought disposable ones

View attachment 41415
Me? Royal? Ha ha! Nah..... I mean 'we the members'..... :)

Here's some high fashion masks, just for you.....

masks.jpg

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Evidence is accumulating that SARS-coV-2 can become aerosolized. Simple masks may be fairly effective at stopping droplets, but individual, aerosolized viruses may pass through them like flies through a chain link fence. I've noticed many masks don't fit well, either, with wide gaps at the sides and around the nose.
:(

Yeah..... but we (most of us) can't help touching our faces, and since three-layer face masks are going to be mandatory in most venues in the UK, we wanna look gorgeous in 'em. Well, the more youthful and beautiful of us. Sadly I'm not in that bracket but my Missus gets mine so I guess I'll be looking a bit smart! :D

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Here is some more info The Problem With Stories About Dangerous Coronavirus Mutations

Coronavirus fact check: Has COVID-19 mutated into a more contagious virus, as new study claims?

It does help to look at what various people say for and against. I wish I were a scientist and get more feel of the context before believing any thing 100%.

....Unless the public is moving through clouds of suspended viruses, wafting slowly through a room, like smoke from a cigarette. There's also a new, more contagious strain spreading about, so far fewer inhaled viruses are needed to contract Covid 19. Mutated COVID-19 Viral Strain in U.S. and Europe 10 Times More Contagious than Original Strain
Agreed, but if airborn, rather than droplet transmission is found to be significant, high risk individuals might choose to go with the most effective masks they can obtain.

Interesting. At least according to this it doesn't make the virus more or less deadly.

Looks like it's still being debated
Researchers find new coronavirus strain 'more contagious', potentially impacting COVID-19 vaccine search - ABC News

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Naw. Probably not yet. When they get a vaccine they'd probably develop some ray guns. They'd need something special to see the virus before shooting us humans and trapping us in their box.

Vaccine......... do we ever need a vaccine. We are going to be in so much trouble, I reckon.

Moving forward........... who likes Wolves? :)

wolf.jpg

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Ok, I'll fess up, my hobbies are track racing and the dirty one, crawling on hands and knees in dark, damp caves looking for history

Well I never........... who could have guessed that you're a caver? I don't know what track racing is, running, biking, or special vehicles...... all I do now is go cycling, and not particularly fast, either.

You must have had adrenaline moments of great exhilaration and others of great shock and fear, I expect. .... ?

And I can't think of a suitable mask! If you breath oxygen in some caves then that's probably the best kind of mask.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Well I never........... who could have guessed that you're a caver? I don't know what track racing is, running, biking, or special vehicles...... all I do now is go cycling, and not particularly fast, either.

You must have had adrenaline moments of great exhilaration and others of great shock and fear, I expect. .... ?

And I can't think of a suitable mask! If you breath oxygen in some caves then that's probably the best kind of mask.

Car track days, usually in my own car but i have driven some specials. Although something of a passion i have not driven on a track since moving to France. We planned to return to the Nurburgring this year for a few days but covid put an end to that idea.

And not precisely caving, more cave archeology... Example
Your avatar.

I also do cycling but nowhere near what we (hubby and i) used to do. And walking, great country for getting lost in.