• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fabrications Muslim Leaders Need to Stop Making About Ahmadi Muslims

Sees

Dragonslayer
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5854492

This is an interesting article. I found it a while back when doing some more reading on Ahmadi persecution - our thread about whether they are true Muslims or not reminded me of it.

I have wondered - is the persecution issue the major reason we rarely see much discussion/debate concerning Mirza Ghulam Ahmad here on the forums? We see the name here and there, yet he is never a main subject in a thread despite being considered a/the Messiah.

Thoughts on the article?

The lovely Saudi regime is doing it's best to promote religious harmony as usual. Such a force for goodness in this word... o_O

WikiLeaks ‘Saudi Cables’ reveal secret push to stop Ahmadiyya in Indonesia

“the issue of the Ahmadiyya was discussed by the preparatory committee of the Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs which came up with a plan to set up practical programs with the help of the Foreign Ministry, Ministry of the Islamic Affairs and the Supreme Islamic Council of Indonesia to stop the spread of Ahmadiyya in Indonesia. ” The cable further reads that “Saudi Embassy in Jakarta should be instructed to explain the danger of Ahmadiyya to the Indonesian Government”.

https://www.rabwah.net/wikileaks-saudi-cables-reveal-secret-push-to-stop-ahmadiyya-in-indonesia/

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I will never understand why those who claim to be so steadfast in their beliefs ar so concerned with what others do. It's like they fear others will like something better; if Islam is so perfect, why would people want to leave it, and why would Muslims be so fearful people WILL leave it?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
I will never understand why those who claim to be so steadfast in their beliefs ar so concerned with what others do. It's like they fear others will like something better; if Islam is so perfect, why would people want to leave it, and why would Muslims be so fearful people WILL leave it?
Peace be on you.
Being steadfast in one's belief should not make one chasing around others. If they do the it is obvious they have fears.

Islam does not ask to hold people to remain Muslims if they do not want to. It is for God to decide not people:
Chapter 4 - Verse 138, Note 602
5VC0881.jpg

http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=572&region=E1&CR=EN,E2&CR=EN,E2

People leave Islam for various reasons like coming but not gaining true knowledge, bad role models, too much restrictions in common matters by spouse or family, etc.

That is why Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama'at has special section for new-commers for information and training and blending into members. Mosts Muslims are from Asia, Arab and African lands. For people from West, sometimes culture-crossing become a hurdle before they understand the new faith...........

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I have wondered - is the persecution issue the major reason we rarely see much discussion/debate concerning Mirza Ghulam Ahmad here on the forums? We see the name here and there, yet he is never a main subject in a thread despite being considered a/the Messiah.

Thoughts on the article?
Given that the vast majority of Muslims do not accept Mr. Ahmad as being the Mahdi is the chief reason for the persecution of this sect. It goes against the grain of the doctrine that is centuries old and his followers should understand that their assertions would not be looked on with great favor. That said, there is certainly no good reason to lie about what they believe but my guess is the real reasons are withheld so that people don't begin to question what they believe.

Jumi

Ahmadis have done much good for the image of Islam and defended the religion as a whole(not only themselves), but the very people they defend attack them. It's a strange thing. Especially Pakistan.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Ahmadis have done much good for the image of Islam and defended the religion as a whole(not only themselves), but the very people they defend attack them. It's a strange thing. Especially Pakistan.
Peace be on you and thank you indeed.
When one comes that "God has sent me", world at the beginning does not welcome him, slowly people start to realize. In the beginning, the comer is called agent, imposter, what not.....

Every reform is not digested easily as it is closure many mafias who thrive on bugs of immorality based on staying away from God, so easy way is to try the end the message and Messenger. Here come the promise:
Holy Quran
[ch58:v22] Allah has decreed: ‘Most surely I will prevail, I and My Messengers.’ Verily, Allah is Powerful, Mighty.

Servant_of_the_One1

Except that Ahmadis are not considered muslims.

I see them like Bahais, Alawis. They are not part of islam.

They cannot perform hajj, to do so they must embrace islam. I hope they embrace it.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
.....my guess is the real reasons are withheld so that people don't begin to question what they believe.
Peace be on you.
125 years,
many generations,
now who can withhold 'real reasons'
none,
If possible please find an ahmadiyya-muslim in your area, and ask them directly.
Much thanks.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Peace be on you.
125 years,
many generations,
now who can withhold 'real reasons'
none,
If possible please find an ahmadiyya-muslim in your area, and ask them directly.
Much thanks.
You might want to reread what I wrote. I know, comprehension is tough, but give it a shot.

Jumi

Not by you or your sect. That I'm aware of, their persecution doesn't make a good image of those who persecute them.

They cannot perform hajj, to do so they must embrace islam. I hope they embrace it.
Saudi and Pakistan tries to stop them from performing it at least. Pakistan has rules where they have to make fun of Ahmadis to be able to go on hajj.

Sees

Dragonslayer

I see them like Bahais, Alawis. They are not part of islam.

The thing is...why is it not enough to disagree with them - it must be attacked or legislated against?

The most awful aspect of Islamic culture is tendency to see differing beliefs, speech, thoughts as being an attack on Islam itself.

The sad thing when it comes to the Ahmadi movement is perception change of many Sunni and Shia Muslims towards it - from an insignificant curiosity to a threat, once jihad was denounced. It speaks volumes.

Right now a lot of sources are pushing that Islam = love and peace goodness, while the main group most representative of that is bullied and persecuted. How can that make any sense to smart people?

Servant_of_the_One1

The thing is...why is it not enough to disagree with them - it must be attacked or legislated against?

The most awful aspect of Islamic culture is tendency to see differing beliefs, speech, thoughts as being an attack on Islam itself.

The sad thing when it comes to the Ahmadi movement is perception change of many Sunni and Shia Muslims towards it - from an insignificant curiosity to a threat, once jihad was denounced. It speaks volumes.

Right now a lot of sources are pushing that Islam = love and peace goodness, while the main group most representative of that is bullied and persecuted. How can that make any sense to smart people?

The ahmadis are calling people to the fire.

What is worse than inviting people to believe in a false prophet?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on all.
1) Ahmadis go to Hajj from other than above mentioned countries. Those who are prevented consider:

""But we are not the only ones who were prevented from doing the Pilgrimage. Our beloved Holy Prophet, may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, was also prevented from doing the Pilgrimage by the Quraish, so if we are in the same company as the Holy Prophet, may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, then what blessed company that is.""
http://whyahmadi.org/objections-raised/why-do-ahmadis-not-perform-hajj.html

2) What are the main Articles of Faith (Eeman) in Islam?
"" The following are the main Articles of Faith in Islam (see Part 1.2):
1. To believe in Allah (One God)
2. To believe in all His Angels.
3. To believe in all His Books.
4. To believe in all His Prophets.
5. To believe in the Day of Resurrection. 6. To believe in the Decree of Allah""
Page 314

""There are five fundamental principles (or Pillars) of Islam ( see Part-1.3):
1. Declaration of Faith---the Kalimah
2. Observance of Salat.
3. Paying of Zakat.
4. Performance of Hajj (Pilgrimage) to Ka`bah
5. Observance of Saum (Fast) during Ramadan.""
Page 322

""The Hajj or Pilgrimage to Mecca is obligatory upon every such Muslim adult (at least once in his/her lifetime) who can afford to undertake the journey and has safe access to Mecca (3:98). The time appointed for the Hajj is fixed ten weeks after Eid-ul-Fitr. Thus it starts on the eighth and continues up to the twelfth of the lunar month of Dhul-Hijjah.""
Page 11

@ https://www.alislam.org/library/books/BasicsReligiousEducation.pdf

3) Mr. Abdul Hameed [brother of Ahmadiyya Muslim Professor Dr. Abdus Salam, great server of cause of science in third world countries AND , shared Nobel Laureate in Physics 1979 - for Unification theory, Unifying weak nuclear force and electromagnetic force ] writes in his book "World Renowned Scientist - Abdus Salam" describing the parents and elders of Prof. salam, he writes:

[translation and gist, pages 9, 23]

Elder brother of father of Prof. Salam studied among Ahle hadith sect.
Both bothers at various times made research and prayed to God and upon direct guidance became Ahmadiyya Muslim, and remained steadfast.

Uncle (the elder brother) was Inspector of Schools, after retirement he went for Hajj. No news came for months, family was anxious....One day he returned silently. Relatives complained that they should have been told earlier to arrange welcome. Uncle said he did not like publicity, I performed Hajj for the sake of Allah.

When he was asked for such a delay, he said that Sultan Abdul Aziz ibne Sa'ud was told that he is a scholar and knows many languages including English. He was given some books to translate in English. Thus he could not come back before finishing the work.

Then the Uncle said, he drew attention of Sultan that there is oil in the land of Hijaz, according to the Hadith:
لا تقوم الساعة حتى تخرج نار من ارض الحجاز تضي ء اعناق الابل ببصرى
Bukhari, Muslim

(The Hour will not be established until a fire will emerge from land of Hijaz, it will enlighten necks of camels till Basra.)

Thus Sultan Abdul Aziz Ibne Saud made an agreement with
The Saudi Arabian Mining Syndicate Ltd Incorporated in England.
And oil was discovered in land of Hijaz.

By this discovery, our Uncle showed the way to Sultan. Uncle
was great scholar of Holy Quran. He was shown visions. He saw Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) in dream several times.

That was an Ahmadiyya-Muslim heart and mind!

====
Abdus Salam has been mentioned above:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdus_Salam

http://www.alislam.org/gallery2/v/a/salam/

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5854492
This is an interesting article. I found it a while back when doing some more reading on Ahmadi persecution - our thread about whether they are true Muslims or not reminded me of it.
Thoughts on the article?
I agree with you here.
Regards