• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F1fan just gave me the biggest gift of all time, so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Im glad y'all stopped fighting. I dont know whats going on but its always great to not fight someone and make peace.
I thought i had a reason to fight back. Well i didn't so no more fighting.
If people want to stomp on my belief i will let them do so, and stay silent.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
If people want to stomp on my belief i will let them do so, and stay silent.

No one can stop you from being a Baha'i, not even the Iranian government. And if they want to they really weren't your friend to begin with. I saw your original post in Journals about talking with God and had nothing constructive to say about your experience so I read in silence.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
why would feelings get bottled up when one ignores a jerk?
I'm not sure that the OP is going to ignore the jerk, they just said they would stay silent. And these statements have been made before. The results weren't good.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Fighting arenas found in debates. My favorite place! Heh.
giphy.gif

Exaltist Ethan

why would feelings get bottled up when one ignores a jerk?

i think the best thing is to acknowledge that people have different opinions about these subjects and to not ignore them, but at the same time to not get angry or upset because they call your beliefs ridiculous or silly. It says more about that person and their own positions if you acknowledge their own ideas rather than ignore or get upset about it. If you cannot at least understand that everybody thinks certain, different ways then you'll never grow as an individual.

King Phenomenon

i think the best thing is to acknowledge that people have different opinions about these subjects and to not ignore them, but at the same time to not get angry or upset because they call your beliefs ridiculous or silly. It says more about that person and their own positions if you acknowledge their own ideas rather than ignore or get upset about it. If you cannot at least understand that everybody thinks certain, different ways then you'll never grow as an individual.
some people are arrogant and like to try to rile people up unfortunately. people like that should be ignored or laughed off

Exaltist Ethan

Fighting arenas found in debates. My favorite place! Heh.

Have you realized that the OP has publicly admitted that he will no longer be in debates due to the discourse and fighting in them? He purposely left that part of the website to avoid being ostracized by the irreligious and atheists who mocked him for his Baha'i Faith and monotheistic beliefs. And despite that he is still getting flack from people on other parts of this website. If we don't stop he is going to leave the website permanently and I don't think anyone wants that.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
the OP has publicly admitted that he will no longer be in debates due to the discourse and fighting in them? He purposely left that part of the website to avoid being ostracized by the irreligious and atheists
I think that lasted maybe 1 day, then he was back to the debate forums. I think he even started a few threads there. Shortly after that there was another incident where the OP said that they had attempted suicide because of what is said on RF. I really don't think this strategy, whatever it is, is healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.