• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F.U.N.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I think one of my top 10 favorite episodes could have gotten banned. It was the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episode where the main characters become superheroes.

I also liked the episode where SpongeBob and Patrick become traveling chocolate bar salesmen.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I must be strange, maybe a slate or too missing, a sandwich short of a picnic, but I've never watched it. Is it good?
It's an acquired taste...

We only ever saw it because the granddaughter liked the cartoon network shows, and we were still selective (there are quite a few shows that are poorly animated and voice-acted, and show all the wit and intelligence of an average 13-year-old boy...SpongeBob is not one of those...)...I always got the impression that the show's creator (who shows up in several episodes) was quite surprised to find he had a hit on his hands...

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I like a lot of Spongebob, but like The Simpsons it peaked at one point and got worse and worse and worse. I don't even know why they continue to make new Spongebo (well, money), but both Spongebob and Simpsons need to be canceled and replaced with new shows. It seems like the Nicktoons channel just plays Spongebob 24/7 and FXX plays The Simpsons 24/7. It's unfortunate they have to rely on one show so much when there's other concepts and ideas of there.

Here's an interesting clip of one of my favorite Spongebob episodes, Sailor Mouth.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I must be strange, maybe a slate or too missing, a sandwich short of a picnic, but I've never watched it. Is it good?

Like @beenherebeforeagain says, it grows on you.

The creator was slick enough to make it to entertain a wide age range of audiences.

For me, it depends. I liked the episodes from the first few years better than the later episodes.

I find most do.

I think one of my top 10 favorite episodes could have gotten banned. It was the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episode where the main characters become superheroes.

I also liked the episode where SpongeBob and Patrick become traveling chocolate bar salesmen.

Refresh my memory on the first.

My kids run around screaming "chocolate". People think they're upset(they're hard to understand), but I know what they're saying...
It's an acquired taste...

We only ever saw it because the granddaughter liked the cartoon network shows, and we were still selective (there are quite a few shows that are poorly animated and voice-acted, and show all the wit and intelligence of an average 13-year-old boy...SpongeBob is not one of those...)...I always got the impression that the show's creator (who shows up in several episodes) was quite surprised to find he had a hit on his hands...

I believe the creator was a marine biologist.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

That episode was banned???? Why?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I like a lot of Spongebob, but like The Simpsons it peaked at one point and got worse and worse and worse. I don't even know why they continue to make new Spongebo (well, money), but both Spongebob and Simpsons need to be canceled and replaced with new shows. It seems like the Nicktoons channel just plays Spongebob 24/7 and FXX plays The Simpsons 24/7. It's unfortunate they have to rely on one show so much when there's other concepts and ideas of there.

Here's an interesting clip of one of my favorite Spongebob episodes, Sailor Mouth.

I believe Spongebob's been retired.

I love Sailor Mouth! I laughed until I cried at that one.

Also dear to my heart because that's my last name... a few of us do have that reputation... argghh.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Refresh my memory on the first.

There was an episode where SpongeBob was a superhero who was really fast, Sandy could become invisible, and Patrick was really stretchy like taffy, and Squidward I think could project lava. Then at the end of the episode, the Commissioner kisses himself, then laughs hysterically.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
There was an episode where SpongeBob was a superhero who was really fast, Sandy could become invisible, and Patrick was really stretchy like taffy, and Squidward I think could project lava. Then at the end of the episode, the Commissioner kisses himself, then laughs hysterically.

I remember that one!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't be the only Spongebob fan here...

Post your favorite Spongebob moments here!

It'll be F.U.N. !

Ahh SpongeBob. That was my childhood!!!

Somewhat tangentially related, when we watched The Shawshank Redemption in my early high school English class, my teacher gleefully fangirled over Clancy Brown (who plays the sinister Capt Hadley.)
And since none of us were very familiar with his acting she simply sighed and said
“He’s Mr Krabs from SpongeBob, guys”
Blew our minds lmao!!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Ahh SpongeBob. That was my childhood!!!

Somewhat tangentially related, when we watched The Shawshank Redemption in my early high school English class, my teacher gleefully fangirled over Clancy Brown (who plays the sinister Capt Hadley.)
And since none of us were very familiar with his acting she simply sighed and said
“He’s Mr Krabs from SpongeBob, guys”
Blew our minds lmao!!

Wow! I had no idea!