• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F.B.I -- D.O.J: Janurary 12th Joint Press Conference

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
As mentioned, I don't see a problem with the democratic party. I DO see massive problems in the Republican party.
Those long-term problems appear to be much more immediate than anything democrats have going on...

If you want me to address a problem in the democratic party, please provide an example. Make sure your example is real.

Contrary to what you might think, the Democrats are not in an idyllic situation here. Just because they barely won against one of the biggest buffoons in the history of U.S. politics, it's not exactly a feather in their cap. The fact that they lost in 2016 to that same buffoon is like the New York Yankees losing to a Little League team.

In any case, the Democrats have an extremely huge mess to clean up - even if it wasn't entirely of their own making. They're still stuck with it, and events of last week and last summer would indicate that the public (on both sides of the spectrum) are getting fed up, angry, and impatiently waiting for better action from their political leaders. There's not going to be much of a honeymoon period for Biden.

You ask for problems in the Democratic Party?

1. I know we've discussed Clinton's support of NAFTA in the past, which was a betrayal of the Democrats' strong blue-collar base. The Democrats moved further to the right on economic issues and abandoned the working people of America.

2. There's always been an internal division among Democrats, largely between the progressives and the moderates. This goes back all the way to Truman.

3. I recall when many Democrats were strongly anti-war, yet it seems that most of them have abandoned that principled stance. So, that's another problem with the Democrats I see.

4. The Democrats have had no backbone or principles when it comes to demanding better healthcare and other social services for the people. Obamacare was a disgrace, essentially giving a blank check to insurance companies and doing absolutely nothing to improve healthcare. Nothing changed at all.

You can't blame everything on Trump or the Republicans. The Democrats have been at the table of power, so they share a responsibility here. It seems that they're showing they have power now by impeaching Trump, but that's only because Pelosi was madder than a wet hen because someone broke into her office.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Let's face the reality. The odds Trump will be in jail are nil.
YES. The elite takes care of its own, has always been that way, will always be that way. Trump played the elite's game perfectly.
They can't fool me. Used to be called "bread and circuses", now they call it "Conspiracy". Many let themselves be fooled.
(A different word, but still the same magic concept that works wonders, which easily fools many people, even on RF)

Not only will he be not jailed, he will be well rewarded for his Master Game.

A phrase used by a Roman writer to deplore the declining heroism of Romans after the Roman Republic ceased to exist and the Roman Empire began: “Two things only the people anxiously desire — bread and circuses.” The government kept the Roman populace happy by distributing free food and staging huge spectacles.

Last edited:

Wandering Monk

upload_2021-1-13_20-23-26.png

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Trump is the single person most culpable, I think.
Well, at least if you don't take into consideration the
polarization that Rush Limbaugh and Rupert Murdoch
are largely responsible for having wrought -- along with
others -- over the past few decades.

But Trump did not, as he promised, lead the assault on
the Capitol building. And it seems to be emerging that
the mob was not without some sort of on the scene
leadership. If that indeed pans out to be the case, then
depending on their precise role, those leaders might be
charged with crimes appropriate to those who lead
insurrections. That's to say, crimes reflecting their
causal role.
Is it not so very telling, however (which I see nobody else mentioning other than you) that Trump did say he would be with them going to the Capitol -- but sadly must have gotten distracted by some other urgent matter.

I can't help but wonder why none of his followers have noticed that, and felt justifiably betrayed.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Contrary to what you might think, the Democrats are not in an idyllic situation here. Just because they barely won against one of the biggest buffoons in the history of U.S. politics, it's not exactly a feather in their cap. The fact that they lost in 2016 to that same buffoon is like the New York Yankees losing to a Little League team.
Look at you blaming democrats for losing in 2016 and 'barely' winning in 2020. Agenda much? You don't even realize Democrats lost because of propaganda against Hillary for decades. People believing falsehoods, then voting on falsehoods. That's the epitome of a "low-information voter."
Their opinion is irrelevant.

In any case, the Democrats have an extremely huge mess to clean up - even if it wasn't entirely of their own making. They're still stuck with it, and events of last week and last summer would indicate that the public (on both sides of the spectrum) are getting fed up, angry, and impatiently waiting for better action from their political leaders. There's not going to be much of a honeymoon period for Biden.

You ask for problems in the Democratic Party?
Still waiting for problems in the Democratic party. I'm not interested in how some far-right people feel about the democratic party. They're brainwashed.

1. I know we've discussed Clinton's support of NAFTA in the past, which was a betrayal of the Democrats' strong blue-collar base. The Democrats moved further to the right on economic issues and abandoned the working people of America.
NAFTA is a republican bill.
2. There's always been an internal division among Democrats, largely between the progressives and the moderates. This goes back all the way to Truman.
I wouldn't call that division, I'd call that a difference of opinion on where the party should go. If I recall correctly, AOC and her lot supported Nancy for Speaker again.
3. I recall when many Democrats were strongly anti-war, yet it seems that most of them have abandoned that principled stance. So, that's another problem with the Democrats I see.
That's only in your mind and influenced by your media choices. Democrats are much more anti-war than republicans. Especially since it's the corrupt republican party bought and paid for by the MIC. War is great for profits for corrupt capitalists, that's your party.
4. The Democrats have had no backbone or principles when it comes to demanding better healthcare and other social services for the people. Obamacare was a disgrace, essentially giving a blank check to insurance companies and doing absolutely nothing to improve healthcare. Nothing changed at all.
That's laughable. Your opinions are shaped by your far-right media choices.
You can't blame everything on Trump or the Republicans. The Democrats have been at the table of power, so they share a responsibility here. It seems that they're showing they have power now by impeaching Trump, but that's only because Pelosi was madder than a wet hen because someone broke into her office.
False equivalence. Change your information sources and do more research before voting.

Wandering Monk

Look at you blaming democrats for losing in 2016 and 'barely' winning in 2020. Agenda much? You don't even realize Democrats lost because of propaganda against Hillary for decades. People believing falsehoods, then voting on falsehoods. That's the epitome of a "low-information voter."

Still waiting for problems in the Democratic party. I'm not interested in how some far-right people feel about the democratic party. They're brainwashed.

I wouldn't call that division, I'd call that a difference of opinion on where the party should go. If I recall correctly, AOC and her lot supported Nancy for Speaker again.

That's only in your mind and influenced by your media choices. Democrats are much more anti-war than republicans. Especially since it's the corrupt republican party bought and paid for by the MIC. War is great for profits for corrupt capitalists, that's your party.

False equivalence. Change your information sources and do more research before voting.

To be fair, Bill Clinton signed NAFTA into law. He also signed Welfare reform into law.

tytlyf

Not Religious
To be fair, Bill Clinton signed NAFTA into law. He also signed Welfare reform into law.
Yes, but that doesn't change the fact it's a republican bill, that was prepared for a republican president and it just so happened it didn't pass until after Clinton assumed office.
And at that point the bill was tweaked by Clinton to suit his needs before signing.
It's a republican bill, if anything Clinton improved upon it with further protections not added by republicans.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Look at you blaming democrats for losing in 2016 and 'barely' winning in 2020. Agenda much?

You're talking about yourself here. The Democrats can do no wrong in your eyes, while the Republicans are evil in your eyes. Your partisanship is quite obvious.

You think expressing honest opinions constitutes an "agenda"? I'm not a politician; I'm just a working stiff who would like to see America's government do a better job than what it has been doing.

I'll admit that it does bother me to see the voters constantly get cheated and hoodwinked, which is why I have no illusions about either of the major political parties. Why you insist on embracing the illusions of the Democratic Party is beyond me. But if you're going to criticize me for pointing out their faults and shortcomings, that says more about your agenda than anything about any possible agenda I might have.

You don't even realize Democrats lost because of propaganda against Hillary for decades. People believing falsehoods, then voting on falsehoods. That's the epitome of a "low-information voter."

Is that why they lost? You're actually claiming that an entire political party which has been well-established since the 19th century lost an election because of propaganda against an individual former First Lady of the United States? Really? And it went on for decades, you say?

Everyone's opinion is irrelevant, including yours and mine. What are you gonna do?

I'm actually far-left myself, however I tend to look more at the actual physical/material condition of the American people and the quality and structure of the nation overall, and I form my opinions of politicians and parties based on what I see around me. I judge them by the results of their work and the consequences of their decisions. Or as Jesus might have said "You will know them by their fruits."

As far as who is "brainwashed," I've seen a lot of that going on during my lifetime, although it hasn't always been all "far right." However that would depend on how one defines "far right." From my point of view, the Democrats have gone so far to the right with their anti-worker, pro-Wall Street agenda - they don't even know what "far right" is anymore. The limousine liberals and their blind followers are so incredibly confused, it isn't even funny anymore. They're so out of touch in their safe spaces and ivory towers.

None of this has anything to do with Trump. The fact that you refuse to see this and that you're continually going on and on about Trump is what speaks volumes here.

Which Clinton supported. What's worse is that he enjoined other Democrats who were previously against NAFTA to change their votes. He didn't do anything to shift the direction the Reaganites had set. He had the perfect opportunity to reverse all of the policies Reagan enacted, but he blew it.

It sometimes isn't quite so chummy as that. Right now, they're temporarily united against the common enemy (Trump), but once he's finally out of the picture, they'll go back to infighting.

What media choices do you think are influencing me? At least I can look at both parties objectively, without being filtered by partisanship. The only real argument you bring up in defense of the Democrats is that they're "better than the Republicans," but that's not really saying much, is it?

I think the Democrats should aspire to be more than the lesser of two evils, don't you think? If the lesser of two evils still contains some evil, then it might be necessary to identify which portions are evil. That's all I'm really doing here. I'm sorry if you see it as offensive to your blind and ardent faith in the purity of the Democratic Party. But maybe a bit of "tough love" might be in order here.

"Far-right media choices"? Do you hold any genuine political principles at all? Is it just "Democrats goooood, Republicans baaaaaad" to you? Or are you simply obsessed with mindless gainsaying that you don't really see what you're actually saying or how you present yourself?

False equivalence? You keep repeating like it's some kind of mantra, as if you don't even understand what it means. I don't even recall comparing anything in the part you quoted, so "false equivalence" to what? Inquiring minds want to know.

tytlyf

Not Religious
You're talking about yourself here. The Democrats can do no wrong in your eyes, while the Republicans are evil in your eyes. Your partisanship is quite obvious.
You see division where it doesn't exist. That's a symptom of RW media intake.

You think expressing honest opinions constitutes an "agenda"? I'm not a politician; I'm just a working stiff who would like to see America's government do a better job than what it has been doing.
Opinions are shaped by whatever a person's information intake is. If they're frequenting far-right newsmakers often for information, the consensus is their opinion on events and topics will be misinformed and irrelevant. Often times the truth and evidence can be pointed out to correct the misinformation, that doesn't end well as a new reason to blame the source while ignoring the information presented.
I'll admit that it does bother me to see the voters constantly get cheated and hoodwinked, which is why I have no illusions about either of the major political parties. Why you insist on embracing the illusions of the Democratic Party is beyond me. But if you're going to criticize me for pointing out their faults and shortcomings, that says more about your agenda than anything about any possible agenda I might have.
No voters were cheated or hoodwinked.

Is that why they lost? You're actually claiming that an entire political party which has been well-established since the 19th century lost an election because of propaganda against an individual former First Lady of the United States? Really? And it went on for decades, you say?

Everyone's opinion is irrelevant, including yours and mine. What are you gonna do?
Yes, I understand the psychology of propaganda and politics. The problem with republicans who rely on far-right newsmakers is that they're uninformed. There's tons of information shielded from them. So in my experience their opinion isn't carefully crafted based on research and evidence.
Republicans win elections based on propaganda and panic mongering techniques.
Fear is used to win votes. This is how it works.
Republicans vote based on what they see on TV political attack ads prior to an election. It doesn't matter if the political attack ad is truthful.
This is demonstrated by money in politics. More money = More saturation of political attack ads brainwashing the populace with fear.

I'm actually far-left myself, however I tend to look more at the actual physical/material condition of the American people and the quality and structure of the nation overall, and I form my opinions of politicians and parties based on what I see around me. I judge them by the results of their work and the consequences of their decisions. Or as Jesus might have said "You will know them by their fruits."
When I vote for a president, I vote for leadership qualities, empathy, concern and someone who's intelligent.
As far as who is "brainwashed," I've seen a lot of that going on during my lifetime, although it hasn't always been all "far right." However that would depend on how one defines "far right." From my point of view, the Democrats have gone so far to the right with their anti-worker, pro-Wall Street agenda - they don't even know what "far right" is anymore. The limousine liberals and their blind followers are so incredibly confused, it isn't even funny anymore. They're so out of touch in their safe spaces and ivory towers.
Your opinion is noted and is not consistent with reality.
None of this has anything to do with Trump. The fact that you refuse to see this and that you're continually going on and on about Trump is what speaks volumes here.
I'm pointing out the problem in America, not overlooking it to put party over country.

Which Clinton supported. What's worse is that he enjoined other Democrats who were previously against NAFTA to change their votes. He didn't do anything to shift the direction the Reaganites had set. He had the perfect opportunity to reverse all of the policies Reagan enacted, but he blew it.
Correct, I've already stated Clinton made tweaks before signing. It doesn't change the fact it's a republican bill designed to be signed by a republican president.

It sometimes isn't quite so chummy as that. Right now, they're temporarily united against the common enemy (Trump), but once he's finally out of the picture, they'll go back to infighting.
Infighting over what? Opinions on which way the democratic party should move into the future? Opinions are good and they're continually discussed. You want to call that division, I see it as healthy debate within one's own party.

What media choices do you think are influencing me? At least I can look at both parties objectively, without being filtered by partisanship. The only real argument you bring up in defense of the Democrats is that they're "better than the Republicans," but that's not really saying much, is it?
From your opinions, I do sense far-right newsmaker influence somewhere in your sphere of information. If you're not watching it on TV, then you're getting via Facebook or other social media from your friend feed, etc.

I think the Democrats should aspire to be more than the lesser of two evils, don't you think? If the lesser of two evils still contains some evil, then it might be necessary to identify which portions are evil. That's all I'm really doing here. I'm sorry if you see it as offensive to your blind and ardent faith in the purity of the Democratic Party. But maybe a bit of "tough love" might be in order here.
Democrats have always been the lesser of 2 evils, your opinion that Republicans are the lesser of 2 evils is just that. An opinion shaped by your media choices. It's not the based in reality.

"Far-right media choices"? Do you hold any genuine political principles at all? Is it just "Democrats goooood, Republicans baaaaaad" to you? Or are you simply obsessed with mindless gainsaying that you don't really see what you're actually saying or how you present yourself?
Nope, that's just your take. Let's admit that you're not interested in hearing negative opinions of republicans. RW media isn't either. Which is why RW media shields it's viewership from ANY negative republican news.
This leaves the viewer with noticing Democrats Bad all day every day, Republicans never do bad, all day every day.
It's a psychological conclusion that the brain develops unconsciously.

False equivalence? You keep repeating like it's some kind of mantra, as if you don't even understand what it means. I don't even recall comparing anything in the part you quoted, so "false equivalence" to what? Inquiring minds want to know.
Most things and talking points coming from RW sympathizers ARE false equivalencies. Because their media teaches them the false equivalency while ignoring the reason WHY it's a false equivalency.
Your media is intentionally shielding you from information that refutes the whole narrative.

I understand the psychological aspects of politics and propaganda. Most people do not. Most people do not take the time and research to understand these things.
Which is why people all the time say "politics is so confusing and I just don't understand it."
By design, they don't want your brain understanding it because propaganda works directly underneath the surface and is designed to be unnoticed.
Critical thinking is also despised by republicans for that very same reason. They don't want you aware of what's going on.

Simple question:
To you, would you say there's more division in the Democratic party than the Republican party?

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Impeachment is kind of worthless when Trump has less than 2 weeks in office anyways. One would figure they would be focused on something actually productive but thats asking too much.

He should accept accountability, but people like Trump, as with any Elite, are above the law.

I don't like it, but it's the reality here and there's nothing people like you and me can do about it.

First, you say it's not worth punishing Trump and then you complain that the powerful never get punished.

Fortunately, there are a lot of Democrats who do care enough to try to Punish a person who believes he is above the law.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You see division where it doesn't exist. That's a symptom of RW media intake.

On what do you base such an ill-founded conclusion?

Opinions are shaped by whatever a person's information intake is. If they're frequenting far-right newsmakers often for information, the consensus is their opinion on events and topics will be misinformed and irrelevant. Often times the truth and evidence can be pointed out to correct the misinformation, that doesn't end well as a new reason to blame the source while ignoring the information presented.

You make assumptions about me while knowing nothing about me. I don't know if you're just trolling or what, but perhaps it might be better if you stick to the issues and not make the subject about me.

In any case, just for the record, my information intake comes from a variety of diverse sources from multiple countries and from all across the spectrum. But it's not just based on the latest news, but in my ongoing studies of history, political science, and other subjects which I've been doing my entire lifetime. My political upbringing was mixed, with my father and his side of the family being conservative Republican, and my mother's side of the family liberal Democrats. Although some of my earlier political influences were also far-left from the 1960s and 70s era.

You sound like you're very young or you've only been in America a very short time, as if you have no conception of what America was like before Fox News. You assume that everyone who criticizes the Democrats must be influenced by right-wing media, since you can't possibly imagine any other scenario.

I'm here to tell you, I've known liberals and leftists all my life who have been quite disappointed with the Democrats. The only reason they might vote Democratic is because they're the lesser of two evils, but as I keep saying, that's not a feather in the Democrats' cap. A lot of people, both left and right, formulated their political views before Fox News and before the advent of social media.

No voters were cheated or hoodwinked.

Oh? Aren't you the one who keeps going on and on about the power of propaganda? Wouldn't you agree that propaganda is designed to hoodwink the voters? But now you're saying that that's not true? Can't you even get your story straight?

Yes, I understand the psychology of propaganda and politics. The problem with republicans who rely on far-right newsmakers is that they're uninformed. There's tons of information shielded from them. So in my experience their opinion isn't carefully crafted based on research and evidence.

You're partially right, but where I take issue is in your implication that this somehow occurs in a bubble or that it's only a phenomenon of "far-right newsmakers," which you haven't really defined in any case.

People formulate their opinions and political values based on a variety of influences. It doesn't just come from the right-wing news outlets, but also from their parents and upbringing. People are influenced by their schooling, by the idols they grew up with, by the music they listen to, the movies and TV shows they watch, the books they read, and the churches they attend.

Many Americans grew up reciting the Pledge of Allegiance every morning in school, and many sing the Star Spangled Banner at sporting events. Things like this have been a part of our culture for generations. It's not something that Fox News invented, but their trick is in playing on the ideals and values of the general public which most have been raised and conditioned to believe in. It's called "telling the public what they want to hear," but then they use that to influence and manipulate.

I also wouldn't underestimate the influence of the culture and entertainment media in shaping American values and how they think.

Republicans win elections based on propaganda and panic mongering techniques.
Fear is used to win votes. This is how it works.
Republicans vote based on what they see on TV political attack ads prior to an election. It doesn't matter if the political attack ad is truthful.
This is demonstrated by money in politics. More money = More saturation of political attack ads brainwashing the populace with fear.

I agree with what you're saying here. My only real disagreement with you here is not regarding the Republicans, but it's that we have different views regarding the Democrats. Who cares about the Republicans? As you said, they're a dead party, and good riddance, I say.

So, now that the Republicans are gone, why can't we talk about the Democrats without constantly being reminded of them? They're the ones in the driver's seat. They're the ones in power. I prefer to talk about those in power, not has-beens.

When I vote for a president, I vote for leadership qualities, empathy, concern and someone who's intelligent.

Yes, those are also important considerations, but in my view, action and results speak louder than words. A lot of politicians say a lot of things. They're good actors, and it's easy to fake leadership qualities, empathy, and concern when the cameras are turned on. But the real truth is revealed when one looks at the end product at street level.

Your opinion is noted and is not consistent with reality.

Define "reality."

For me, reality is going to work every day, trying to survive, trying to keep from getting sick, fighting traffic on poorly maintained streets full of potholes, seeing boarded up buildings and homeless people along the way. I have to wear a mask everywhere I go. There's currently a curfew in effect from 10p to 5a, although it's got quite a number of exceptions. I talk to people who have to work 2 or 3 jobs just to survive and feed their families. A lot of people are struggling.

I've done quite a bit of traveling throughout America in my lifetime, as I have relatives scattered all over the map. I've followed politics and media rather closely for most of my life, since I was about 7 or 8 when the whole issue of Watergate and Nixon were popular topics in my family. Because of this, my early political upbringing was very much anti-Republican and pro-Democratic, although I started to question that after Carter's loss to Reagan in 1980.

And with a movie actor president at the time, I began to realize just how much politics is really just a show - a dramatic presentation for the masses. It's not "reality."

I'm pointing out the problem in America, not overlooking it to put party over country.

Well, we do have a problem here in America, largely because some people are putting party over country.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Correct, I've already stated Clinton made tweaks before signing. It doesn't change the fact it's a republican bill designed to be signed by a republican president.

There wouldn't have been enough support from the Democrats without Clinton persuading enough of them.

There's another side to the issue which is another thing I've found disappointing about the Democrats. In terms of NAFTA and other strides towards free trade, it has led to outsourcing to a variety of countries where US companies can set up factories and sweatshops where they make a pittance working long hours under grueling conditions. You don't really hear much outrage from the Democrats about these kinds of situations.

Infighting over what? Opinions on which way the democratic party should move into the future? Opinions are good and they're continually discussed. You want to call that division, I see it as healthy debate within one's own party.

Well, we'll see. Maybe they can pull together and actually get some things done. There have been times in the past when Democrats have been able to do that. FDR and his Democratic administration helped America win World War II, so the Democrats can be pretty darn good when they put their mind to something.

From your opinions, I do sense far-right newsmaker influence somewhere in your sphere of information. If you're not watching it on TV, then you're getting via Facebook or other social media from your friend feed, etc.

You really have no idea. You don't know me, and I doubt you've really examined "my opinions" closely enough to be drawing any conclusions. I've written a lot of opinions during the years I've been here, a lot of it mainly supporting far-left positions. I am aware of certain far-right media out there, along with moderate/neutral, and left and far-left media. I look at media from other countries and various other sources I might come across. I don't have Facebook or other social media, unless Religious Forums counts as "social media."

Democrats have always been the lesser of 2 evils, your opinion that Republicans are the lesser of 2 evils is just that. An opinion shaped by your media choices. It's not the based in reality.

Wait. You just said "your opinion that Republicans are the lesser of 2 evils"?

Did I express that opinion at any time in this thread or any other thread? If so, then please show it to me. I never said, nor do I believe, that the Republicans are the lesser of 2 evils. I don't know if you're just really that confused, or if you're playing games. Either way, this characterization is way off the mark.

In fact, I have always said that the Republicans are worse, but you seem so blinded that you see enemies whenever you hear the slightest criticism of the Democrats. You must think "Oh, he's criticizing the Democrats, he must be a right-winger." Just like when I criticize the Republicans (which you probably never notice), people think "Oh, he must be a left-winger," although they'd be correct in that case.

You don't really seem to want to discuss issues, you just want to label people. But before doing that, why don't you at least make sure you're using the correct label?

I'm probably further to the left than most Democrats, so I agree that they're better than the Republicans, but as I keep saying, that's not saying much. Especially these days.

Nope, that's just your take. Let's admit that you're not interested in hearing negative opinions of republicans.

Again, you're way off the mark. I'm interested in hearing negative opinions about everything and everyone, including Democrats and Republicans.

RW media isn't either. Which is why RW media shields it's viewership from ANY negative republican news.
This leaves the viewer with noticing Democrats Bad all day every day, Republicans never do bad, all day every day.
It's a psychological conclusion that the brain develops unconsciously.

I think you watch RW media far more than I do. You seem far more intimately acquainted with it. I'm familiar with some of it, radio, TV, and internet, but I don't really bother with it too much. I really don't use it as any kind of news source. My opinions of the Democrats are based on observations I've made over the course of my life here as a citizen and a voter. This was before Fox News or Rush Limbaugh or any of what might constitute "RW media." Just because I've been a disgruntled Democrat doesn't mean that I've turned over to the Republicans.

But on the other hand, of the Republicans I've known personally, I don't see them as devils with horns. They're just ordinary people. Many are quite nice. I've also known quite a few nice Democrats, too.

I assure you I'm not being brainwashed or programmed by anything.

Most things and talking points coming from RW sympathizers ARE false equivalencies. Because their media teaches them the false equivalency while ignoring the reason WHY it's a false equivalency.
Your media is intentionally shielding you from information that refutes the whole narrative.

But I wasn't even comparing anything in the portion you quoted above. If you're saying "A is not equivalent to B," then could you be so kind as to point out what is "A" and what is "B"? Setting aside the "why," you haven't even established the "what."

I understand the psychological aspects of politics and propaganda. Most people do not. Most people do not take the time and research to understand these things.

I actually took some Russian while I was in college, and took some courses on their history, political system, propaganda techniques. Politics is about persuading people, and oftentimes, events can be presented and interpreted with a certain persuasive zeal and passion which can be made to influence people. You can call it "false equivalence" if it makes you feel better, but that doesn't negate the fact that there are certain commonalities in how ideas and events can be presented so as to persuade and manipulate public opinion.

Oftentimes, it's not even measured in what they say, but in what they don't say. What key information is being left out?

One has to be able to sift out what little fact there might be from conjecture, speculation, opinion, and hearsay. I heard some Russians talking about how many of them became quite adept and skilled at reading between the lines, since they knew they were reading propaganda but were able to see through it.

Propaganda also can fail when the purveyors of it grow so out of touch with reality that it has no real influence over the masses. I'm sure that Nazi propaganda about "glory" and "victory" was losing its luster among Germans who were watching their cities being blown to smithereens.

Which is why people all the time say "politics is so confusing and I just don't understand it."
By design, they don't want your brain understanding it because propaganda works directly underneath the surface and is designed to be unnoticed.
Critical thinking is also despised by republicans for that very same reason. They don't want you aware of what's going on.

Politics really isn't that confusing. But it's not quite so black-and-white as people try to make it out to be. When it comes to the nuts and bolts of making laws and measuring their effect on society, that's the realm of lawyers and bureaucrats - and that's where a lot of the confusion sets in. They might hear one thing from the politicians, but when it finally trickles down to the masses, it's something completely different.

Simple question:
To you, would you say there's more division in the Democratic party than the Republican party?

At the moment, it's within the Republican Party, without a doubt. I think they might split up. I recall back around 1980 when Reagan said there was an "11th Commandment - Thou shalt speak no ill-will of a fellow Republican." They have had periods where they've had a strong show of unity, whereas the Democrats - being more open and transparent (and I say that to their credit) - they've tended to air out their dirty laundry a little more often. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I think that's a good thing.

But if it's dirty laundry, then it's dirty laundry. We have to call it is, even if the Republicans' laundry is even dirtier.