• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eyes gouged out with a spoon

Spiderman

Veteran Member
A man had his eyes gouged out with a spoon in a horrific attack by his father and brothers – because he wanted to marry a girl of his choice.

Abdul Baqi, 22, from Nasirabad village in Pakistan’s Balochistan province, had asked his family to take an engagement proposal to his girlfriend.

But the request enraged his 70-year-old father Dost Muhammmad and four brothers – Abdul Ghani, Abdul Sattar, Abdul Rehman and Abdul Karim – who then held him in a room and gouged his eyes of their sockets.

They locked his mother in another room so she could not intervene and then used a spoon and a knife to carry out the horrific punishment.
Barstool Sports

Could you imagine a life with no eyes all because you wanted to have sex and marriage with a woman you love?

Yes, there are people out there who get their eyes gouged out, ear drums punctured, their tongues or noses or ears cut off, and their hands and feet chopped off for stupid reasons. :(

This is happening to human beings who have all the feelings you have, and just as much right to have a good life.

These mutilations are seen more in predominantly Muslim countries, (probably because the Quran glorifies mutilation and torture), but they happen by the hands of non-muslims too.

It's a sick world!:cry::flushed:

You have a lot to be grateful for!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
After he got his second eye plucked he begged his attackers to kill him. Who the heck would want to live a full life span like that?

"After they finished, I pleaded to them to please kill me now but they replied they want me be an example for other boys in the village.'
Man has his eyes gouged out with a spoon by his family in Pakistan | Daily Mail Online

Yes, the perpetrators have been arrested.

However, Pakistan sanctions gang rape. all kinds of atrocities are committed in Pakistan without people getting arrested.

Pakistan law will tell you that gang rape is illegal, but then they permit it many times.

"According to Women's Studies professor Shahla Haeri, rape in Pakistan is "often institutionalized and has the tacit and at times the explicit approval of the state".[4][
Rape in Pakistan - Wikipedia

There is one registered Jew in Pakistan , and the last synagogue was bulldozed.

The only registered Jew in Pakistan suffers tremendous persecution.

Fortunately, the people that did the spooning were arrested in this case

Cooky

Veteran Member
Hmm... Isn't the punishment is Islam "an eye for an eye"..? :)

Sounds like a law like that is exactly what cases like this were made for. :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
A man had his eyes gouged out with a spoon in a horrific attack by his father and brothers – because he wanted to marry a girl of his choice.

Abdul Baqi, 22, from Nasirabad village in Pakistan’s Balochistan province, had asked his family to take an engagement proposal to his girlfriend.

But the request enraged his 70-year-old father Dost Muhammmad and four brothers – Abdul Ghani, Abdul Sattar, Abdul Rehman and Abdul Karim – who then held him in a room and gouged his eyes of their sockets.

They locked his mother in another room so she could not intervene and then used a spoon and a knife to carry out the horrific punishment.
Barstool Sports

Could you imagine a life with no eyes all because you wanted to have sex and marriage with a woman you love?

Yes, there are people out there who get their eyes gouged out, ear drums punctured, their tongues or noses or ears cut off, and their hands and feet chopped off for stupid reasons. :(

This is happening to human beings who have all the feelings you have, and just as much right to have a good life.

These mutilations are seen more in predominantly Muslim countries, (probably because the Quran glorifies mutilation and torture), but they happen by the hands of non-muslims too.

It's a sick world!:cry::flushed:

You have a lot to be grateful for!
So much for family Unity.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Such things were common in predominantly Christian countries until quite recently. Don't hurt yourself patting your own back for our cultural superiority.

Kangaroo Feathers

That's true. No big deal having one's eyes gouged out really. It's pretty normal.
Until recently, it was very normal.

"If you were involved in a fight in the South back in the 1700s, you were lucky to leave with all your body parts. The aim of the game was to gouge out your opponent's eyeballs or, whenever possible, worse. Fighters had reputations for testicle maiming and even sharpening their teeth to tear off larger chunks of human. As English minister Charles Woodmason put it in a sermon in 1760:

"I would advise you when you do fight not to act like tigers and bears as these Virginians do -- Biting one another's lips and noses off and gouging one another -- that is, thrusting one another's eyes, and kicking one another on the cods, to the great damage of many a poor woman."

That's right, Southerners were so notorious for dick kicks and face biting that people brought it up in church. They fought like savage monsters, but they still had their own brand of showmanship. One losing fighter was told he had done badly by a spectator, and he replied, "Have I?" while pulling his opponent's eyeball from his pocket. Two hundred years ago, a gory handful of human flesh was how you quipped.

Speaking of gory balls, attempts to castrate another man during a fight were common. As famous explorer Isaac Weld described it, "What is worst than all is these wretches in their combat endeavour to their utmost to tear out each other's testicles.""

"And these weren't only backwoods maniacs filing their teeth into points and sharpening their dick-gouging nails. American hero Davy Crockett apparently trained in the martial art of gouge n' bite. In his own words, he described a match thusly: "I kept my thumb in his eye, and was just going to give it a twist and bring the peeper out, like taking a gooseberry in a spoon." Unfortunately, the fight was interrupted before he could finish spooning out the man's ocular cavity, which is probably why there isn't a verse about it in his children's song."

"We found the combatants' fast clinched by the hair, and their thumbs endeavouring to force a passage into each other's eyes; while several of the bystanders were betting upon the first eye to be turned out of its socket. For some time the combatants avoided the thumb stroke with dexterity. At length they fell to the ground, and in an instant the uppermost sprung up with his antagonist's eye in his hand!!!"

6 Horrifying Facts That Get Left Out Of History | Cracked.com

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Such things were common in predominantly Christian countries until quite recently. Don't hurt yourself patting your own back for our cultural superiority.

That's what @PopeADope mentioned in the OP

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Obviously you do not live in such a country. I once made a remark to a woman who had to leave her "Muslim" country because her husband wanted to kill her, for just another funny Koran reason he believed in.

I said to her, but Koran also has good stuff and Islam also. She almost bit off my throat saying "You never were there, you do not know anything. The Koran is a sick book, and Muslims do those sick things far more often than you can even imagine". She had first hand experience I hope I will never have. So for sure the cruelties in Islamic countries are far worse than in the west. Here we have killers also. But I am so happy we do not have those crazy violent rules from the Koran in my Country.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Obviously you do not live in such a country. I once made a remark to a woman who had to leave her "Muslim" country because her husband wanted to kill her, for just another funny Koran reason he believed in.

I said to her, but Koran also has good stuff and Islam also. She almost bit off my throat saying "You never were there, you do not know anything. The Koran is a sick book, and Muslims do those sick things far more often than you can even imagine". She had first hand experience I hope I will never have. So for sure the cruelties in Islamic countries are far worse than in the west. Here we have killers also. But I am so happy we do not have those crazy violent rules from the Koran in my Country.

But...Christians..! :mad:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Until recently, it was very normal.

"If you were involved in a fight in the South back in the 1700s, you were lucky to leave with all your body parts. The aim of the game was to gouge out your opponent's eyeballs or, whenever possible, worse. Fighters had reputations for testicle maiming and even sharpening their teeth to tear off larger chunks of human. As English minister Charles Woodmason put it in a sermon in 1760:

"I would advise you when you do fight not to act like tigers and bears as these Virginians do -- Biting one another's lips and noses off and gouging one another -- that is, thrusting one another's eyes, and kicking one another on the cods, to the great damage of many a poor woman."

That's right, Southerners were so notorious for dick kicks and face biting that people brought it up in church. They fought like savage monsters, but they still had their own brand of showmanship. One losing fighter was told he had done badly by a spectator, and he replied, "Have I?" while pulling his opponent's eyeball from his pocket. Two hundred years ago, a gory handful of human flesh was how you quipped.

Speaking of gory balls, attempts to castrate another man during a fight were common. As famous explorer Isaac Weld described it, "What is worst than all is these wretches in their combat endeavour to their utmost to tear out each other's testicles.""

"And these weren't only backwoods maniacs filing their teeth into points and sharpening their dick-gouging nails. American hero Davy Crockett apparently trained in the martial art of gouge n' bite. In his own words, he described a match thusly: "I kept my thumb in his eye, and was just going to give it a twist and bring the peeper out, like taking a gooseberry in a spoon." Unfortunately, the fight was interrupted before he could finish spooning out the man's ocular cavity, which is probably why there isn't a verse about it in his children's song."

"We found the combatants' fast clinched by the hair, and their thumbs endeavouring to force a passage into each other's eyes; while several of the bystanders were betting upon the first eye to be turned out of its socket. For some time the combatants avoided the thumb stroke with dexterity. At length they fell to the ground, and in an instant the uppermost sprung up with his antagonist's eye in his hand!!!"

6 Horrifying Facts That Get Left Out Of History | Cracked.com
I'm more concerned about what's happening in the 21st century.

I live in one of the most dangerous places in St Paul.

People are not gouging each other's eyes with spoons or anything. There is a lot of drug abuse, lots of hate, and an occasional homicide.

Gouging out eyes just seems like a far worse atrocity than killing someone in my opinion.

This is a savage thing for a Father to do that to a son! It seems to be more common in our current century in the Muslim world.

But non-muslims do equally horrific acts I do admit. Human nature is terrible! Fallen human nature gets even worse when you have a book that promotes such acts.

Kangaroo Feathers

Good thing no Christian husband has ever killed his wife.