• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eye drops

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
How do you make it easier getting them?
I get eye drops and I hate them staff at group home struggle giving me them. I try to stay still and such but I can't help but have a strong reaction by squinting away or something. No matter how hard i try I can't stay still and keep my eyes open to make it easy for staff.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I pull my bottom eyelid away from my eye and drip the drops into the little cave it makes.

It doesn't stop my eyes reacting but its to late then, the drops are already where it counts and your eyes moving about just spreads the drops evenly.

It works for me

We Never Know

No Slack
How do you make it easier getting them?
I get eye drops and I hate them staff at group home struggle giving me them. I try to stay still and such but I can't help but have a strong reaction by squinting away or something. No matter how hard i try I can't stay still and keep my eyes open to make it easy for staff.

I close my eye, tilt my head, put a drop in the corner of my eye, then slowly roll my head the other way blinking in the drop(s).
Thats the only way I can do it.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I had to put this stuff in my eye, it was thick like Vaseline.
Put a glob on my pinkie and poke myself in the eye with it.
That was a lot of fun. :confused:

Otherwise I often end up doing the same as @We Never Know

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I think of the relief they will give me. I have zero issues staying still after that. :D

Dry eye is a pain in the backside, so...

Heyo

Veteran Member
That's what the eye drops are for and I still cant stay still knowing they'll help
Try to keep the air in your room moist. There are machines doing that but a wet towel on the heater also does the job. It doesn't help you with your eye drops but you may not need them as often as your eyes don't dry out as fast.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Anyone think one of these eye drop thingies might help?:
upload_2022-3-24_21-50-37.png

upload_2022-3-24_21-51-4.png

I mean it'll at least keep the bottle still and seeing as when staff tries to let me do it I miss my eye cuz I cant figure out where to place it...it won't help with the squinting thing tho.