• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extropiversophy: The Religion of Pan-Apotheosis

Have you've heard of anything like this before?

• Yes (give example below)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
I have developed a pretty elaborate theology that is entirely unique of itself. Pan-Apotheosis basically means that all will ascend to deification status. It makes so much sense to me. Pantheism is the belief that everything is God and God is everything. This doesn't make sense to me, because, is everything is God then there is no use to using the word God.

I want to point something out: I do not believe in the supernatural, nor the spiritual realm. I don't believe in any conspiracies. I'm a skeptic on man-made climate change. I do not watch anything on the History Channel and take it as actual History. I don't believe in any of the major world religions, but I will admit I was close to becoming Baha'i at one point. Baha'is intrigue me because the God of the Baha'i Faith is similarly close to what I believe in as well. But I'm getting sidetracked. Anyways, the only religion I've (maybe) understood was the Unitarian faith. The belief that all faiths are in somewhat way valid makes sense to me. However, I've learned after joining my local congregation that they don't really care about what you believe in, as long as you pay membership costs.

I just got off the phone with someone from my local church that basically ignored my request in any meaningful way. I believe these forums are actually better suited for the serious intelligential debates I want rather than my local Unitarian church is, to be honest..And to top it all off, all my of closest friends and family are ignoring the things I'm posting on Facebook. They won't talk to me about it!

I'm just going to give an overview of my faith. Basically, what it is, is the belief that human beings and other intelligent life out there in the universe will become Godlike first. Then everything will turn in of itself and possess god-like qualities. Everything that has ever existed will exist again, in some way. I have an extremely optimistic view of our future, and the fate of the universe. I believe this will occur because of human extropy. I believe EVERYTHING WE ARE DOING NOW will lead to this. This is what boggles my mind: how come nobody else has realized this? I mean, in other words, what is the point of having all this technology? Of this knowledge? To make our lives easier? NO! It is so we can develop and improve the quality of life for everybody indefinitely.

I want there to be a religion the believes in this to follow. I do not want to develop a book, an online forum with sermons, of anything of that sort, but I've finally discovered what I truly believe and I want to be around like-minded people. I do not want to be the only person in the world with this belief. I've developed a New Religious Movements Wikipedia Page but I feel as if I've lied in there by fabricating specifics on the details of the distinct future. I don't know the exact details, I'm not going to keep lying. All I know is that pan-apotheosis is the only thing that really matters me.

Someone out there help me!

Laika

Premium Member
I mean, in other words, what is the point of having all this technology? Of this knowledge? To make our lives easier? NO! It is so we can develop and improve the quality of life for everybody indefinitely.

You may be interested in Trans-humanism which deals with using Science and technology to pursue "human enhancement". I'm still very new to the idea and they appear mainly atheist and agnostic, but the issue is open as it is more a collection of ideas and hypothetical applications that a closed philsophical/doctorinal system.

it might be worth letting you know Proselytizing is against forum rules here, so if you're looking to spread a new religion, that may be problem ;) . but you're more than welcome to explain what you believe to people as diversity is encouraged and makes things more interesting.

p.s. I love the fact you used the Encyclopedia Britannica as you're holy book in the new religious movement wiki entry.

Welcome to RF, and best of luck with your new faith.

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
Yes, what I believe is basically a fusion of trans-humanism and pantheism. Nobody gets a clue what I believe if I use made up words. Thanks for the heads up on proselytizing. I just view it as common sense, myself.

The Encyclopedia Britannica is an awesome piece of work. It deserves recognition.

Oh, and thanks!

dust1n

Zindīq
"Pan-Apotheosis" as in all individual things will become a deity? I don't get it. Like a rock is in the process of being a deity, or the rock is in the process of becoming part of just one deity?

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
"Pan-Apotheosis" as in all individual things will become a deity? I don't get it. Like a rock is in the process of being a deity, or the rock is in the process of becoming part of just one deity?

A rock evolves as structures need stone to build houses. That stone will become a functioning part of a house. It has a higher function of that than it did before. I believe that all matter will evolve their functioning to do anything living things want them to do, thus making them a fabric of essential things needed to make the being using them God. I also believe it is possible that science will cause hylozoism, thus making typically non-living things command-able to do the bidding of fully-functioning intelligent beings.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I have developed a pretty elaborate theology that is entirely unique of itself. Pan-Apotheosis basically means that all will ascend to deification status. It makes so much sense to me. Pantheism is the belief that everything is God and God is everything. This doesn't make sense to me, because, is everything is God then there is no use to using the word God.
Sounds a bit like the Omega principle (I think it's called). God is something the all things evolve towards.

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian

Hylozoism is the belief that everything is alive. I believe technology sometime in the future will allow all things to be self-aware and exist forever. And infinite extropy is basically...

Sounds a bit like the Omega principle (I think it's called). God is something the all things evolve towards.

OK, it's not entirely new, but what is? The things I believe in are usually viewed as a philosophical standpoint, but when you start talking about secular theories of the afterlife and god it vaguely sounds like a religion.

BTW it's The Omega Point.

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
A lot has changed since last October. I now use the word "Pantheosis" instead of "Pan-Apotheosis" explain my theology, as the "Apo-" is not really needed. I have rebranded my terms. Extropy is still an integral part of my beliefs, however, I feel like the act of exalting oneself and others is crucial in my forming of my belief structure. I have this taken a liking to Auguste Comte and rebranded my religion into both a religion and philosophy. The religion will be the way to enact the philosophical constructs. The terms I am using now is Exaltism for the philosophy and The Faith of Exaltation for the religion. I have begun rewriting my NRM page, although it has been awhile since I last update it, it is definitely a work in progress, and will continue to be so for years to come. I am slowly discovering myself, slowly becoming the person I want to see.

I hope this isn't asking for too much. I need help. The best help you could do is criticism and asking questions. The more doubt you put into something, the more it needs to be fleshed out. The Bible convinces so many people of the same concept because it argues that concept no matter how ridiculous someone becomes with it. After all, the Biblical God killed over a million people and is still considered all-good. I have numerous ideas regarding the three main facets of religion: Beliefs, Rituals, and Ethics. I need people to challenge my way of thinking so I can think about and further elaborate these concepts more. I want to write a book based off my beliefs. I already have much written down, but it's disorganized. Between Google Docs and this forum, I must have thousands upon thousands of words written in the name of these concepts. I've even tried to focus my philosophy into core concepts:

1) Post-Humanism 2) Globalism 3) Pantheology 4) Scientism

I need to develop the ethics and rituals more. I have a general "do what you want" "life is worth experiencing" kind of mentality but I'd like for that to channel it towards becoming the Big Five of Divinity, namely

1) All-Good 2) All-Knowing 3) Eternal 4) All-Present 5) All-Powering

And developing rituals that can further allow believers to help further their paths towards these attributes. I want ethics to center around a post-human race that will grow closer to divinity. I've had ideas regarding how ethics should be developed and I think ethics should be viewed in a way that believes that all religions are striving for people to be moral agents, with different ideas on how to behave. The ethics I would develop would help teach people to be divinely good - i.e. omnibenevolent.

Let's talk!

The Adept

Scientism sounds good. But if there is a Right Way to do it (Orr) then there is surely a Wrong Way to do it (UL). And so there is an Upper Arch and an Under Arch.