• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extreme views.

Assalamu alaikum,
As a revert I've often wondered why so many other "reverts" invariably hold such extreme views, many making pronouncements on various matters on such channels as YouTube. Have they simply been indoctrinated by certain schisms within Islam who have a certain agenda?
Yusuf.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Wa alaykum salam.

The driving force behind all of this is the exploitation of peoples ignorance to the teachings of Islam. Usually a new Muslim is very prone to this especially when the person that is doing the 'brainwashing' offers you to 'read the texts for yourself'. This 'reading the texts for yourself' is very powerful when they provide statements of early scholars which are taken out of context where they seemingly invite people to read the proofs themselves.

I have a video of a debate if we may call it such that should make you understand that any and all extremist views stem from ignorance and the self interpretation of Islamic texts that should be done by learned scholars and not laymen. In the video there are words and terms which you may not be familiar with, however, by the end of it you will get the picture so don't worry about the arabic words which even I don't understand.

Wa alaykum salam.

The driving force behind all of this is the exploitation of peoples ignorance to the teachings of Islam. Usually a new Muslim is very prone to this especially when the person that is doing the 'brainwashing' offers you to 'read the texts for yourself'. This 'reading the texts for yourself' is very powerful when they provide statements of early scholars which are taken out of context where they seemingly invite people to read the proofs themselves.

I have a video of a debate if we may call it such that should make you understand that any and all extremist views stem from ignorance and the self interpretation of Islamic texts that should be done by learned scholars and not laymen. In the video there are words and terms which you may not be familiar with, however, by the end of it you will get the picture so don't worry about the arabic words which even I don't understand.

jzk Allah Khair for your reply, found this informative.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Assalamu alaikum,
As a revert I've often wondered why so many other "reverts" invariably hold such extreme views, many making pronouncements on various matters on such channels as YouTube. Have they simply been indoctrinated by certain schisms within Islam who have a certain agenda?
Yusuf.

Assalamu alaikum

in any religion, after the death of a prophet, his followers will start to divide, where three types of groups are expected to emerge:

1. those who really represent the prophet path.

2. those who honestly think that they follow the prophet path, but un-intentionally they are following wrong teachings.

3. the hypocrites who were waiting for the death of the prophet to start their mischief.

Now extremists are among all of the above groups. And they are more likely to be active in calling for the religion. So reverts are more likely to be introduced to Islam by extremists.

Then, there are factors related to the revert himself, where he or she will come to the religion with high energy and over-optimistic view of being able to make difference without having the patience of waiting for the truth to prove itself with time.

Also, the revert will tend to be concentrating on parts of teachings of the new religion, while being uninformed about other parts of the religion, which will enable the extremist to influence him or her easily.

Good luck