• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

extravert loners?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Is it possible for an extravert to also be socially phobic/avoidant?

Is it possible to be an extravert and also a loner?

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Is it possible for an extravert to also be socially phobic/avoidant?

Is it possible to be an extravert and also a loner?

The difference between an extrovert and an introvert is this:

- Introverts (or those of us with introverted tendencies) tend to recharge by spending time alone. They lose energy from being around people for long periods of time, particularly large crowds. Extroverts, on the other hand, gain energy from other people.

This is because of the chemicals in our brains and how they work between the introverts and extroverts.

This has nothing to do with our attitude towards other people socially. I get along well with people, but am an introvert, and people are surprised when I say I am such because I can speak to people and have a good time with them. The difference is that I cannot spend a long time with people because I become mentally and sometimes emotionally overwhelmed and drained and suffer from heavy fatigue if I spend long periods with people. On the other hand socially phobic person can also be an extrovert and that social phobia might be from negative past experiences.

Kapalika

Premium Member
I mean the way you asked I'd say no.

Personally I get energy from being around others... to a point. I also need quiet time alone to relax or else I get overwhelmed. If I go out I prefer interactions to be with new people and I tend to not stick with any given social group or place. In that sense I might be considered a loner but also extroverted. Not many people do I want to interact with on a daily or even weekly basis. Too many to keep up with.