• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extinguishing the Fires of Heaven

VioletVortex

"The cold is spreading, winter is near
Cold frost, a white shroud over the trees appears
The moon stares longer to witness the earth
As the embers grow cold in god's noxious hearth

The clouds have grown heavy, they loom over the ground
The wind is more than a whisper, argued with no other sound
Now the darkness falls down unto thee like a blanket

Black shrouds, calm the soul
The tranquility of assurance that death is near
A martyr, I ride on the Devil's black wings
To bring night's chant louder and louder

The darkness is spreading, midnight is here
Surrounded by ghouls, yet I taste not the sour of fear
The moon stares forever, she witnesses the earth
Deathly black slag sits in god's noxious hearth"

Disclaimer: I used offensive argot here for artistic and self-expressive purposes. I do not intend any verbal malice towards any named individual in particular. The sentiments expressed do not pertain to any religion in particular.

This poem regards the state of the modern world from a preconceived LHP or Satanic notion and point of view that Abrahamism is a negative thing, and "god's noxious hearth" has nothing to do with Yahweh, rather it refers to the 'fires' of war. In this case, darkness and cold are good.

VioletVortex

I forgot one thing. "Slag" is refers to the residue of oil refinery, though I used it as a synonym for ashes. That makes sense given the them though.

I was unaware of its sexual connotations until a few seconds ago.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I forgot one thing. "Slag" is refers to the residue of oil refinery, though I used it as a synonym for ashes. That makes sense given the them though.

I was unaware of its sexual connotations until a few seconds ago.

Very nice poem.

Slag is the waste material produced from smelting ore, i.e. molten stone and other impurities separated from the metal, so it's still fitting. :)