• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extinction

Lightkeeper

There have been peoples and cultures before us that have become extinct. Are we headed for extinction and if so, what can we do to stop it?

Faust

Sorry I'm being redundant again but I truly believe that if we do not evolve beyond religion as it is being practiced today,ie, My God is bigger than your God, I believe the whole human race is headed for hell in a handbasket. What can we do? One person at a time, modify the prime motivators in our system of belief and incorporate an inlarged tolerance of differing viewpoints. Give some value to others beliefs or non beliefs. Stop trying to impose our systems on others. But alas, I am a dreamer, I still can't give up on the message that I came out of the sixties and seventies with. (what I can remember of them, haha) And I must confess that I am guilty of an enlarged sense of importance where my personal viewpoints are concerned.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The sad thing is that from the standpoint of many of the other species on this Earth, it might be a good thing if we go extinct. We've been wiping out other species for at least 10,000 years now, and there seems to be no end to it in sight.

Runt

Eventually we have to go extinct. Even if we don't blow ourselves up or otherwise destroy ourselves, our end as a species eventually has to come. It may come when a meteor hits the planet. It may come when the sun goes supernova. It may come through some other disaster. Or it may occur much more subtally; perhaps a change in the human genome will occur, making some individuals something other homo sapiens, and for some reason or another only this new species will survive. (Genocide? A disaster that allows only those of this new species to live? Who knows?)

I have to agree with you guys. How long we have is anyone's idea. The world is changing all the time if you consider how different 'Empires' have come and gone. The Greeks, the Roman, and the Spanish who at one time ruled the world. The British had their turn. Now it is the good ol' USA.
The slow decline has already started with the USA. It seems that the general consensus points to Chinaas the next great power.
So it is with the world too, speaking from an overall point of view. Possibly 'religion' will be BIG problem of the future. Not Christianity, or Muslim or whatever but the whole convergence.
Once it was 'I'm right, you're wrong.' now it is 'I'm right, you're dead.'
Ponder on these things and good luck to you all.

Doc

Space Chief
I think many people are under the impression that since everyone hates us and wants us dead, we have to build up our weapons, take other's weapons, kill those who don't even persecute, and make ourselves supreme no matter what the aftermath. With this popular mentality, "World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones" Ponder that one too for a while!

huajiro

Just look at "man". We kill, we pollute, we consume, we destroy. Extinction is inevitable. If we find a way off this planet, any intelligent beings would destroy us :)