• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EXPOSED: The "Divine Fallacy" is NOT Really Divine!

Human seems most likely.

There are also millions who don't have those experiences.
So either....
- One or the other endures a false illusion, or
- The gods choose some to speak to, but not others.

Indeed. A good observation.

To vote upon reality is meaningless, & naught but a false comfort for the majority.

Agreed. Plus reality dont care about our votes. Reality is true whether majority believes it or not.

Let's also note that believers cannot agree upon.....
- The number of gods
- The gender of gods
- The nature of gods
- What the gods expect or demand of us
- The afterlife
- History
Even the largest group who would agree on all those things
would be a small fraction of the whole, & therefore out-voted.

Agreed. However, reality dont care about votes.

But, let me also add this: believers may have different views on the list above, but, the core is very similar.

Plus, ill add this too: reverting back to what i said earlyer, that each believer/religion has a piece of the puzzle.

So, the number of Gods? Many, but not equel in power and not all eternal. Only one is eternal, the source.

The gender? Both. The source? No gender.

The nature? Diverse depending on each god, the source God? His nature is pure love, freedom, justice.

Demand? Depends on the god. The source? The golden rule.

After life? Temporary pergatory, or sleep, or heaven. Case by case.

History? Too complex to say in a sentence.

Some likely possibilities....
Hallucinations
Brainwashing
The desire to believe overwhelms reason

That may be so for some, but its not for all.

Some believe in hell, but thats not believed from desire.

Extra sensory perception (ESP) experiences also rule out halucinations.

In the case of ESP, do you attribute it to coincidence?

Yes, I see that, but what do you think is being seen? You're arguing that words we might attribute to a specific agent might originate elsewhere, and therefore to not assume that one knows the source if it is unseen. If we apply that to scripture, we should question any claim that it came from an unseen divine source.

My candidate list includes that this unconscious source of our reality either always existed infinitely far back in time, or that it came into being from nothing - two options which I explained seemed equally counterintuitive. No more can be said at this time.

Let me tell you why i dont go with a eternally back in time multiverse generator.

If, the generator is eternal, then it would take eternity for us to come into existence. And if it took forever for us to come into existence, then we could never come into existence, because it would take forever for it to happen, thus, it would never happen.

You see this?

Also, the reason i think the generator did not come from nothing is due to we dont see that happen now. And nothing, logically would produce nothing.

Note that if we posit that the multiverse was created by a god, then the multiverse is not the source of our reality, and we are invoking a god hypothesis instead, reducing the multiverse to an intermediate role.

The reason i go with the God view is this:

The universe has produced intelligence (us as an example, although sometimes wer not, lol). So, since the universe has produced intelligence, it seams feasable then that intelligence has produced the universe.

Have any rigorous testing which verifies ESP?

Yes, theres been a few of them.

From what ive looked at, i think they have shown that its real.

But, here is the full conclusions from my readings.

1: everyone can do ESP if they do mental exercises.
2: ESP is a talent
3: ESP is a skill set
4: based on a talented, skillful person who does these exercises, there performance is up or down based on sleep, diet, stress and confidence and health.
5: ESP cannot be perfectly controlled.
6: ESP works best with supplementary intelligence methods.