• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explain your religion

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I use religion and mythology to deepen my understanding of individual and collective human Nature, and to help use those understandings to my advantage. I embrace whatever spiritual-religious culture and insights I Will to absorb whatever strength, power, wisdom and beauty I Will. My spiritual-religious views revolve around my own amoral Weltanschauung, my own Will, my own thoughts and desires, my own goals and ambitions, and my own destiny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The post is gone, but you left the post about the post.
What's the problem with the big letters?

It sounds like you're yelling. That, and I have my window on zoom because of visual impairment so don't mind that. Why do you want me to delete the post? Can you ignore it?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don't care if you delete it, but it is a tad interesting that you're complaining about a post that doesn't even exist at this point.

Haha! You must have had a bad day. o_O

I replied when the post was created not after it was deleted. If you don't care about the post, which I completely forgot about, then ignore it.

What are you fussing about?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
ie you want me to be concerned about your foibles, textual preferences, but it doesn't work both ways.
gotcha.

Jesus dude chill out. This was a worthwhile thread before this little tantrum. You're on a philosophy forum, if you want attention all you need to do is contribute in an intelligent, or useful, or even entertaining way.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I identify as a Noahide. This is a sort of Judaism for non-Jews. We have what are called the 7 Laws of Noah, but there are really more, sort of sub-laws emanating from the primary 7. So we believe in the Biblical God, believe that the Tnach (Christian OT) is the word of God and we can pray in the synagogue.

Really I find it's just about loving God and enjoying your life :)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Sounds a lot like me! Wonderful!

We're all pretty similar when you boil it down ... we all want happiness and not 2 suffer too much.

I forgot to mention I really love reading.

Here's some of the books I have enjoyed over the years -

"The Power of Now"

"Conversations with God"

"Love from Heaven"

"The Lost Art of Compassion"

"Happiness" by Matthieu Ricard

"Awakening the Buddha Within"

"The Untethered Soul"

"The Art of Happiness"

"When Things Fall Apart"

"Bringers of the Dawn"

"365 Wisdom Pills"

"Mastery of Love"

Cheers

Onyx

Premium Member
Is the change something just for you or does the whole world notice it? How do you bring it about?

The change brought about by Xeper effects the whole world, especially those closest to the acts of Xeper.

That explains it, but I'll try to expand. Xeper (or Kheper) basically means to develop (or come into a new level of being) as an individual, symbolized by the scarab (or winged scarab in the context of the afterlife, IIRC).

xeper_scarab.png

Xeper inevitably happens on it's own. But the Setian is aware of the process, and might use creative pursuits, the overcoming of physical challenges, and ritual workings to accelerate the process in a deliberate manner.

One result of Black Magic (for me) is clarity when it comes to seeing the possible chain-reactions that might occur in everyday life, and acting accordingly with caution. It is also a balancing factor against this world, which tends to rob one of their individuality.

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
That explains it, but I'll try to expand. Xeper (or Kheper) basically means to develop (or come into a new level of being) as an individual, symbolized by the scarab (or winged scarab in the context of the afterlife, IIRC).
That's cool.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Xeper inevitably happens on it's own. But the Setian is aware of the process, and might use creative pursuits, the overcoming of physical challenges, and ritual workings to accelerate the process in a deliberate manner.

For me when I originally did ritual workings my process did accelerate quite a bit from my different explorations of Magick. But I believe that once the Magician does his ritual workings for a while when his process becomes complete, he no longer feels the need to do more of these workings.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
For me when I originally did ritual workings my process did accelerate quite a bit from my different explorations of Magick. But I believe that once the Magician does his ritual workings for a while when his process becomes complete, he no longer feels the need to do more of these workings.

Yes! This remains one of my biggest issues with chaos magic. Once you find what works, stop changing it!

A Vestigial Mote

I have no belief in either deities or any "lesser" supernatural beings. What is... is, for the most part, and I try not to make anything up. I do hold my own beliefs/opinions about some unknown aspects of the universe, but I readily admit that they are only loose, thought-provoked theories/opinions and I have no evidence.

I also don't like to label myself in any way - and believe that, due to each of us being a silo of consciousness, each individual person basically employs their own unique "spiritual"/"religious" practice, and that no one truly knows what anyone else derives or experiences or "knows", etc. with regard to spiritual endeavors. It is my belief that this fact renders any and all organized religious activities to nothing more than social experiences, and that when people claim to "believe" in the same ways this is just a pie in the sky, "nice to have" sort of idea.

There's comfort to be had - however much anyone else wants to deny it. For one, I understand my place in the universe to be ridiculously minuscule - and as such I understand that my general impact is next to nothing - which frees me from many feelings of regret/disappointment/etc. because of failure to accomplish certain things, or things falling short of my expectations - mainly because I nearly have no expectations! I also do not fear death. In my estimation there is no longer any input being processed, and that's it. You DON'T experience after your death - what is there to fear in that? You're not even there to contemplate whether or not you can experience pain and suffering... exactly like it was for you before you were conceived - "you" simply weren't there.

I also have to come to my own conclusions when it comes to reasons to be moral, or just - reasons to be cordial vs. aggressive, etc. Which means I think a lot, and there is no "rule book" that I feel at all obligated to adhere to - except the one I have "written" for myself based on any and all interactions I have had with humanity throughout my life - and I would dare say I have done pretty good so far.

NadiaMoon

I am a Deanist. I believe in God the Mother (instead of God the Father), and we believe that Dea (God) created the universe/the Earth because we desired to experience life outside of perfection (which was one with God Herself). We believe that the Earth is a living breathing creature and that she is our sister and that we should revere and protect her and all the creatures of the Earth. We do not believe in Sin, and we do not believe that we are inheritantly bad. We believe that Dea is both immanent and transcendent, that She exists *within* the earth and all things (this is a bit like panentheism) but that she also goes beyond all things. We believe the Sun represent Dea as the Heavenly Mother. We believe that The Holy Mother (God) created the Holy Daughter (who is Dea in immanent form) who we worship as the Queen of Heaven and as that She controls all Earthly things (the Seasons and the tide etc). The moon represents Her as the lesser light of the Sun (Dea) We have also the 7 Janyati who are the 7 lights/streams of Dea. Each Janyati teaches different Virtures/morals (as Deanism is a moralistic religion). As there is no sin, there is also no Hell. We believe that every single soul, humans and animals etc have come from God and so will return back to Her. We teach that we return to earth again and again through reincarnation to continue to evolve our soul and grow either closer to Dea or further away from Her.

MonkeyFire

I'm a hedonistic and religious pacifist through the Faith. I believe in one supreme all mighty that does not fight creating supreme nirvana for himself and his faithful choosen race. The nature of the supreme God is love. Jesus, the messiah, is passive, he has the power to transcend as dis-belief and sorrow go to naught. He has the power to salvation through his wisdom. And he has the power to happiness.

Hate is the seven headed dragon who gives his power to no-Love the seven headed leopard in revelation. Knowledge is the fallen angel who rebeled when God gave free will. As well, so long as there is a satan devil, who came to be, the angels Existence, Nature, Reality, All, Things and the Archangel of omniscience, who were good for an eternity before are all now fallen.

I believe love justifies a singular-capacitated eternity

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I am a Deanist. I believe in God the Mother (instead of God the Father), and we believe that Dea (God) created the universe/the Earth because we desired to experience life outside of perfection (which was one with God Herself). We believe that the Earth is a living breathing creature and that she is our sister and that we should revere and protect her and all the creatures of the Earth. We do not believe in Sin, and we do not believe that we are inheritantly bad. We believe that Dea is both immanent and transcendent, that She exists *within* the earth and all things (this is a bit like panentheism) but that she also goes beyond all things. We believe the Sun represent Dea as the Heavenly Mother. We believe that The Holy Mother (God) created the Holy Daughter (who is Dea in immanent form) who we worship as the Queen of Heaven and as that She controls all Earthly things (the Seasons and the tide etc). The moon represents Her as the lesser light of the Sun (Dea) We have also the 7 Janyati who are the 7 lights/streams of Dea. Each Janyati teaches different Virtures/morals (as Deanism is a moralistic religion). As there is no sin, there is also no Hell. We believe that every single soul, humans and animals etc have come from God and so will return back to Her. We teach that we return to earth again and again through reincarnation to continue to evolve our soul and grow either closer to Dea or further away from Her.

I have never heard of that before, but I like it!

ajay0

I believe that the whole of spirituality can be summarised as the expansion of consciousness through the practice of mindfulness/Awareness, or deep love, or spiritual practices like fasting, cold baths, silence, chanting that helps to increase prana and thereby Awareness or Love within the system.

So all spiritual practices or virtues are meant for the expansion of consciousness, and anything that contracts consciousness is said to be a vice which promotes body-consciousness or unconsciousness.

As long as there is any identification with gender, nationality, creed, religion, ideology, sect, gangs, language and so on, there will be violence .

Identification is a state of a lower state of consciousness, and hence the perception of duality and consequent conflict.

Love stems from a higher state of consciousness and hence the perception of unity and consequent harmony.

So spirituality, imho, is the expansion of consciousness within the individual so that he graduates from the state of dualistic identification to that of love and unitary perception.