• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explain your religion

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I have noticed there are many folks on here with non-traditional views. Could you explain your religious beliefs, or lack thereof, to me and how you use it to live your life? Thanks!!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Judahite -theology, & ''syncretic''

Judahite means -OT adherent, theologically, (it isn't Judaism)

and ''syncretic'' means I add some things to that, although this actually means, things that are compatible with the belief system in the first place` hence, sometimes people think of 'syncreticism'', they're thinking wildly divergent ideas or religions -or even deities-, it doesn't mean that in my perspective. It means anything, that's added to the basis theology, beliefs, and texts. 'syncretic' because the idea of something being ''religious'' is broad, to the way I use the concept 'religious', as well.
You're blindin' us dude!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have noticed there are many folks on here with non-traditional views. Could you explain your religious beliefs, or lack thereof, to me and how you use it to live your life? Thanks!!

That's hard since I don't have a system of beliefs just things I do that helps me spiritually.

I've had a passion for art, writing, sketching, etc since I was in elementary school. I finally picking that up again after a long break and it has recently became a spiritual outlet. I talk with my grandmothers through art. I learn more about my ancestry through art as well as communicate with my family and family family through it. I write daily as so do I sketch. I find ways to make decisions based on creative expression. That's my prayer.

Other things is I visit my grandmother's resting place from time to time. I try to have daily conversations. I'm not one on routine; so, a lot of what I do is spontaneous. Nothing planned. Family, Sexuality, Creative Expression, spending time outdoors, and being in a music filled environment are all parts of my religion. I feel more free and have a better sense of well-being and even more so, it has given me a goal or motivation to learn and grow than any other religion has ever given me.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
I like to think that I'm a Christian Mystic. I do Buddhist mindfulness meditation along with my reading of the Scripture, although I want to get into more Lectio Divina type stuff because I am a Christian. There is a great wikipedia article on Christian Mysticism and I saved it onto my favorites list today in fact. There is one ritual I do that came to me through the Scripture that is a reminder to me of who I am and where my power lies as a Christian. I mean to read the Bible more than I do. I mean to meditate more than I do also. Talking about all this makes me want get off and read that wikipedia article. Great Question.

Okay, let me also explain Christian henotheism. I believe that God the Trinity is supreme, however, there are many angels and demons that interact with the world and are worshiped even by some (Goetic magicians, Satanists, even Wiccans). The way I see it, every theistic religion that does not worship the God of the Bible has deities. These beings exist. But, they are not the correct deity to worship because they are either in God the Trinity's service or are in rebellion against God the Trinity. God the Trinity, the Most High God will one day judge every deity that is in rebellion against him and all will see that he is supreme.

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I like to think that I'm a Christian Mystic. I do Buddhist mindfulness meditation along with my reading of the Scripture, although I want to get into more Lectio Divina type stuff because I am a Christian.

I think mysticism is fascinating. I will try to check the Wikipedia article.

arthra

Baha'i

I've been a Baha'i for some forty years...had a Baha'i marriage and my wife and I raised our children in the Faith... My children were raised to accept the unity of the human race and that we should respect other religions and work to serve humanity.

As Baha'is we recognize that the major religions had one Divine Source and that God sends Messengers and His Manifestations over time to unite humanity and bring about peace and unity to the planet.

Baha'is have worked at building racial harmony, recognizing the equality of men and women and supporting institutions that can help establish the foundations of a world unity for well over a century.

Baha'is believe God is one and that He loves us and created us... that we are on this earth to reflect the attributes of God.. that after we leave this life we can return to Him.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I call myself a Universalist because I try 2 take the very best from all religions.

Most of the meditation I do could be said to be Buddhist-based - especially generating kindness and compassion for all beings.

I don't attend a temple or other place-of-worship but I try 2 remind myself to be grateful 4 all the things we tend 2 take 4 granted.

That's about it - feel free to ask follow-up questions if you like :)

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
My religion is based in a form of Platonism or neo Platonism. I accept Set on logical grounds, as since consciousness exists the Form of consciousness must always exist. I also believe in a primordial chaos, and an underlying order to the cosmos. The religion centers around the concept of Xeper, "to come into being." The goal is personal evolution and, by extension, social evolution.

Tabu

In brief ..
Brahmakumari is a spiritual organization which believes that we all are souls and intrinsically pure and peaceful and the illusion of being a body and neglecting the intrinsic goodness of the soul is the reason for degradation and cause of all pain and sufferings.
Other than that we believe that
God is the Supreme Soul , the Reservoir of all goodness,
The Cycle of time ,
The law of Karma
That happiness , peace , love , purity , power , bliss are the original qualities of me , the soul , and anything opposite to that was acquired and an external influence and can be shunned.
It also teaches the methods by which we can return to our true nature of being an happy, peaceful,loving ,powerful , pure and blissful soul.
I have a thread explaining the Brahmakumari beliefs in detail with pictures titled
" A picture is worth a thousand words " , the link below
BrahmaKumari : A Picture is worth a Thousand Words
I would love to answer any further questions here or there.

Onyx

Premium Member
My religion continues to evolve over time, which is largely based on Satanic/Setian philosophies, but I've become more open-minded in my explorations lately. It's good to test things out for yourself, as Aleister Crowley indicates in Book 4:

Frater Perdurabo is the most honest of all the great religious teachers. Others have said: "Believe me!" He says: "Don't believe me!" He does not ask for followers; would despise and refuse them. He wants an independent and self-reliant body of students to follow out their own methods of research. If he can save them time and trouble by giving a few useful "tips," his work will have been done to his own satisfaction.

Black Magic is the art of imposing one's Will upon the universe. Most often this simply means self-evolvement, as realistically our individual spheres of influence tend to be fairly small.

The idea is to create a focused subjective experience within which one's Will is executed. Upon completion of the working, the result is (hopefully) redirected to the physical universe to produce a corresponding change.

I consider the god of Set (from ancient Egypt) to be the best representation of the Prince of Darkness - or in more modern terms, the origin (or Platonic Form) of consciousness.

Set was the god of the unnatural, the night sky, desert, etc. He was depicted as an unnatural creature, yet given a powerful appearance. Ultimately, Set represents consciousness or self-awareness, which doesn't quite fit within the context of the natural universe all that well.

There is beauty and wisdom in the darkness, both in the cosmos and our psyche. Astronomers point telescopes out towards the night sky, Black Magicians use their tools and skills to explore their own "inner darkness" and reveal the secrets thereof.

Last edited:

Tulipbee

My religion is a religion of undo. It should be simpler than that. God does the choosing so men won't have to, even thought they can't anyway. If you can't then undo that

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I call myself a Universalist because I try 2 take the very best from all religions.

Most of the meditation I do could be said to be Buddhist-based - especially generating kindness and compassion for all beings.

I don't attend a temple or other place-of-worship but I try 2 remind myself to be grateful 4 all the things we tend 2 take 4 granted.

That's about it - feel free to ask follow-up questions if you like :)

Sounds a lot like me! Wonderful!

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
My religion is based in a form of Platonism or neo Platonism. I accept Set on logical grounds, as since consciousness exists the Form of consciousness must always exist. I also believe in a primordial chaos, and an underlying order to the cosmos. The religion centers around the concept of Xeper, "to come into being." The goal is personal evolution and, by extension, social evolution.

I don't know much about that. How can chaos be order? I would like to know more about this.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
My religion is based on Jain texts in regards to living but altered to make it doable in the environment I live in and some adaptations to fit my politics.

Awesome! I thought about doing that, but wasn't sure how. How did you alter it to suit your environment?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
The idea is to create a focused subjective experience within which one's Will is executed. Upon completion of the working, the result is (hopefully) redirected to the physical universe to produce a corresponding change.

Is the change something just for you or does the whole world notice it? How do you bring it about?

Premium Member
I don't know much about that. How can chaos be order? I would like to know more about this.

Chaos is the original state, containing all possibilities in one chaotic, illogical, orderless mess. With infinite amounts of time and possibility, stability emerged from the chaos, able to exist in it's own right. I'm not a literal believer in holy books, but I love this quote from the Diabolicon:

And after uncounted ages of this great ferment, a force fused to focus that became God, and this force
presumed to effect not the creation of substance and energy - for these transcended this God - but the
conformation of all the Universe to a single and supreme order. And not yet is this order absolute,
though oft it may have been supposed thus by man in his innocence

Premium Member
Is the change something just for you or does the whole world notice it? How do you bring it about?

The change brought about by Xeper effects the whole world, especially those closest to the acts of Xeper.