• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explain to me why god is real using facts

Felix Harris

Facts don't care about your feelings. -Ben Shapiro
Basically, I am an atheist right, so I would like for you to explain to me why your god is real and use facts not opinions, please.

MonkeyFire

Because I believe in life. Pacifism is a super virtue the key, is happiness and love the gem, is equanimity the safe.

Last edited:

dfnj

Basically, I am an atheist right, so I would like for you to explain to me why your god is real and use facts not opinions, please.

God is just a word. Nobody denies the existence of the word God. God exists in our use of words and language. As long as the human mind can speak, God is real in the sense God exists in our language and culture.

Words are a map of reality. Words are NOT the reality they represent. The word "real" is not real. The word god however has a another meaning different than all words. God represents every possible thought and experience we have had or can ever have as a species. God represents reality and nothingness at the same time. God is a container word for every possible thought. So unlike the word "real", the word god is real because it represents the space beyond our own comprehension. As long as there is something we cannot understand or comprehend, god is real in the meaning of the word real.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Stripping common use definitions, it just means life.

The god you're looking for is made up of opinions, theories, philosophies, experiences, testimonies, perspectives, and so forth.

Then, I always ask, what is your definition of god to where others may comment or state facts for the god you are looking for?

God has many definitions. People generalize god as if every other believer should think of him the same. They do not. So....

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Why does an atheist want to know anything about God? Atheists don't believe God(s) exist.

It's the same with any other topic we don't believe in, not inherently have passion for, or have no cosmic reason to explore the topic. Some theologians are atheists too.

Why wouldn't we?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The only facts we can obtain about God come through Messengers of God... I guess you would not call them facts though, but rather beliefs, since they cannot be verified.

If you want to believe in God, I suggest you check out the latest Messenger so God. He is a Representative of God and has all the latest info on God..... :)

Jos

The only facts we can obtain about God come through Messengers of God... I guess you would not call them facts though, but rather beliefs, since they cannot be verified.

If you want to believe in God, I suggest you check out the latest Messenger so God. He is a Representative of God and has all the latest info on God..... :)
Who is the latest messenger?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I have a counter-challenge. Prove to me by facts that you are self-aware. And to extend the challenge a bit, prove that your words and deeds are necessarily a consequence of your self-awareness and provably different than an AI programs theoretical capabilities.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Oh you're a member of the Baha'i faith... why do you think it's true and what qualifies the guy you mentioned as a messenger of God?
There are many reasons I believe it is true but the main reason is because it makes logical sense... The primary underpinning of the Baha'i Faith is that there is one God and all religions come from the same God and they are each revealed by a Messenger in every age of history. That is called Progressive Revelation. All the major religions were *right* for their time in history but as time goes on humanity and the world he lives in changes so we need a new religion, one that is suited to the times.

I was not raised in any religion, my parents were raised Christian but they dropped out long before their children were born, so I never had any exposure to religion and I did not believe in God before I stumbled upon the Baha'i Faith during my first year of college. I almost immediately knew it was the truth because of the teachings made so much sense to me. Also, I was caught up in the spirit because it is such a beautiful religion.

What qualifies Baha'u'llah as a Messenger of God is that He got a messages from God. :)

Jos

The primary underpinning of the Baha'i Faith is that there is one God and all religions come from the same God
Don't all religions contradict one another? Why would God give His messengers contradictory messages?
they are each revealed by a Messenger in every age of history.
What message did He send from the three Abrahamic religions?
What qualifies Baha'u'llah as a Messenger of God is that He got a messages from God.
How do you know He got a message from God? How do you know He wasn't lying or deluded?

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Don't all religions contradict one another? Why would God give His messengers contradictory messages?

When people go see a doctor with a fever, the doc might prescribe antibiotics to one with a bacterial infection, put another in the hospital for a super high fever and tell a third to take aspirin and tough it out for a cold.

The essential message is always the same. But the details differ due the needs and development of people in various epochs of history.

There are a number of places that discuss these essential messages. Three such places are:
https://lifehacker.com/seven-important-lessons-from-world-religions-everyone-s-1613615832
15 Great Principles Shared By All Religions
http://theharmonyinstitute.org/ten/ten.pdf