• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Experts Claim Official 9/11 Story is a Hoax

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
It still amazes me how some people will believe a tale so far fetched just because they want to believe. That's how the National Enquirer, Sun, and the rest of those tabloid rags stay in business. Like I said, I got some GREAT beach front properity in Arizona I'd love you sell.. :rolleyes: Those stories are an insult to common sense.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
jeffrey said:
It still amazes me how some people will believe a tale so far fetched just because they want to believe. That's how the National Enquirer, Sun, and the rest of those tabloid rags stay in business. Like I said, I got some GREAT beach front properity in Arizona I'd love you sell.. :rolleyes: Those stories are an insult to common sense.

I also have a couple of bridges left as well. They would go splendidly with beach front property, especially that one with the grassy knoll. Heck, I'll even throw in a few of Jimmy Hoffa's T-shirts.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
YmirGF said:
I also have a couple of bridges left as well. They would go splendidly with beach front property, especially that one with the grassy knoll. Heck, I'll even throw in a few of Jimmy Hoffa's T-shirts.
Don't know if y'all saw my last post on the last page but.. yeah :rolleyes:

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
YmirGF said:
I got some pics of real aliens shaking Shrub's hand I'll throw in! Out of Karma, but will pass more out to you 2 vamps in the morning. :D

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Let's look at this logically. What would be gained? nothing. Americans would still have been outraged enough with just the buildings being hit. There was plenty of loss of life just in the attack itself. Why would they have waited almost an hour before setting the explosives off? To get more footage of the collapse? Do you not think someone would have seen someone rigging the building? Continued

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
If there was 1 iota of truth to this, do you not think our own press would not have jumped all over it? Can you say watergate? Pulitzer prize? Do you really think Shrub would have taken that chance, we're taking death penalty. We're talking end of the Republican party. Lets get real, ok?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
I agree but somehow i doubt it was a Shrub sponsored idea... somehow I doubt Shrub even has ideas...

Smoke

Done here.
greatcalgarian said:
I have not seen any one giving a point to point rebute to those points raised in the OP, be it dump and run or what. Perhaps I am too stupid, and cannot see the logic and arguement against those rasied?
I believe it's very likely that the Bush regime is lying to us about some aspect of what happened on 9/11, if only because it's always pretty likely the government is lying to us, and this bunch is even worse than average.

Some aspects of the official story seem a little off to me; for instance, I watched a program about the collapse of WTC-7, and what the experts were saying was basically, "Yeah, we were surprised, too. Maybe debris from the towers knocked the fireproofing off the steel in WTC-7 or something." And I'm sitting there, a non-expert, thinking "What the hell?"

The thing is, maybe that's a perfectly reasonable explanation, maybe it's not, but there's no way for the general public to judge.

They did address the issue of some of the debris being removed before a proper investigation was done, and how this was a necessary part of the rescue effort -- people were still alive in the debris of the towers. They also noted that it had been decided to allow WTC-7 to burn out of control all day, since it had already been evacuated, and it was considered (rightly, I think we'd all agree) more important to concentrate on rescue efforts.

By itself, the collapse of WTC-7 doesn't seem all that sinister. But you start putting all the mysteries and just plain weird stuff about 9/11 together, and it starts to seem like there is a lot the government isn't telling us.

My best guess is, in some cases the government doesn't know the answers, and in other cases they know but prefer not to share the information with us. I don't think it's at all likely that they planned the attacks. I do think it's almost certain they're withholding information from us. They always do.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
ChrisP said:
I agree but somehow i doubt it was a Shrub sponsored idea... somehow I doubt Shrub even has ideas...
That's a good point there. Shrub could never have pulled off something like this. He has trouble just figuring out which shoe goes on which foot. :D

ChrisP

Veteran Member
jeffrey said:
That's a good point there. Shrub could never have pulled off something like this. He has trouble just figuring out which shoe goes on which foot. :D
I knew there was reason he married that rather masculine wife of his... "No Shrubby, the left shoe goes on the LEFT foot... see how it's curved... Very good!!! Now left lace over right and twwwiiiirlll... great you're getting the hang of this"

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Solve et Coagula said:
Incredible film about what really happened on 9/11, quite credible:
Got incredible deal on Big Foot hair. Actual hair picked right off his back! I'm offering free shipping on the 1st 50 orders! :D

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Comical isn't quite the word I was thinking, but I will settle for that.
Just proves that PT Barnum was right on the money, if anyone actually had any doubts.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Keep in mind that Hitler perpetrated the same tactics of terrorism in Germany so that he could fuel his purpose in tyranny and secure his dictatorship. The possibility exists because it has been documented in the past. Just as we could learn from the past not to repeat history there are some people in power who could just as well use these lessons for their own benefit without any concern with what you think or how you feel.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Solve's points cannot be logically countered by ad hominum attacks, and dismissing disturbing ideas out-of-hand as ridiculous is plain ostrich-ism and courts disaster. Likewise, blind trust in the motivations and morality of a nation's leadership historically leads to wars and abuses.

It is the nature of government to grow, to arrogate power and capital and to extend influence. Given free reign government becomes oppressive and parasitic.

These tendencies were recognized by the US' founding fathers, who sought to protect protect the people from government. They set up a three-part system in which each part acted as a check on the power of the others. If one of these parts abandons its role and cedes power to another, there is a great danger that the empowered branch will begin to grow unchecked and become abusive, then oppressive and finally tyrannical.

This has happened many times throughout history and it can happen here.

It is the duty of every good citizen to distrust his government, to encourage dissent and to diligently investigate claims of abuse or impropriety.
Never dismiss the "outrageous alarums" of critics like Solve as absurd. History has shown time and again that we do so at our peril.