• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Experiencing Shiva

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Joking aside, it's a bit like the "My Daddy is stronger than your Daddy" that kindergarten kids go though. As someone else aptly put, "Mysticism is personal, and nobody knows another's experience." So in the end it doesn't mattter much what a person says. :)
Haha. I just assume that no one would ever believe me and that helps to keep my hat size under control. :D

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Haha. I just assume that no one would ever believe me and that helps to keep my hat size under control. :D
Interesting.

I just make the assumption that it really doesn't matter and is totally irrelevant if anybody does or not - I have a 'one-size fits all' hat.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Interesting.

I just make the assumption that it really doesn't matter and is totally irrelevant if anybody does or not - I have a 'one-size fits all' hat.
Still there is a compulsion to express these experiences, although experience itself teaches us not to go off half-cocked, as it were, and that, for the most part, we are just beating our gums.

The main thing I have learned is that people will take whatever is relevant to them and simply ignore anything that conflicts with their existing belief structures. Eventually, one slowly learns to enact change from within, extending into the world as we know it, rather than trying to flatter the intellect of the doubt-filled with analogies, metaphors and cliches.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
The main thing I have learned is that people will take whatever is relevant to them and simply ignore anything that conflicts with their existing belief structures.
Yes, I understand this too.

I was informed the other day that if I wanted to have my posts see more replies, I should do nothing else but respond with scripture quote. I shouldn't make anything personal, I should not even speak about the 'little 'i' whatsoever - I should get pieces from 'scripture A' and compare it with 'scripture B', just making the whole process like taking a university course. I can't remain on here like that...but I guess 'depersonalization' is the whole outcome and goal of Hinduism anyway..."I am that small, insignificant and totally ignorant, unintelligent and non-deserving of anything, that I cannot even open my mouth, unless it's in parrot of something else"...it feels like oppression...

Yeah, maybe I should write a book also. Then, people can 'take it or leave it' and I would be none the wiser.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I was informed the other day that if I wanted to have my posts see more replies, I should do nothing else but respond with scripture quote.

I don't even listen to that stuff any more. If some person needs a book to figure out what to have for breakfast, or if beating your kids is wrong, he/she isn't worth having a conversation with. But hey, occasionally quoting some scripture can sometimes back up a sense.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yes, I understand this too.

I was informed the other day that if I wanted to have my posts see more replies, I should do nothing else but respond with scripture quote. I shouldn't make anything personal, I should not even speak about the 'little 'i' whatsoever - I should get pieces from 'scripture A' and compare it with 'scripture B', just making the whole process like taking a university course. I can't remain on here like that...but I guess 'depersonalization' is the whole outcome and goal of Hinduism anyway..."I am that small, insignificant and totally ignorant, unintelligent and non-deserving of anything, that I cannot even open my mouth, unless it's in parrot of something else"...it feels like oppression...

Yeah, maybe I should write a book also. Then, people can 'take it or leave it' and I would be none the wiser.
Truthfully speaking, anyone who is recommending you do that isn't particularly interested in what you think. It is like we are supposed to take so-called "scriptures" seriously, or at least as seriously as they do. I'd much rather hear your real thoughts, warts and all. I'd champion that. If you go with the scripted response with formal debates about what is and what is not then I'd most likely draw away very quickly, like a thief in the night...

Frankly, I'm not too impressed with those who malign the "little I" as it is a reflection of the "larger identity", swaying to and fro in the cosmic Lila.

One thing while I sit, is thinking that those amazing timeless moments within the Eternal Now, as still happening in their own corner of Reality. Part of me is still basking in the vision of Vishnu and it will never completely fade away... It's all in those eyes...

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Truthfully speaking, anyone who is recommending you do that isn't particularly interested in what you think. It is like we are supposed to take so-called "scriptures" seriously, or at least as seriously as they do. I'd much rather hear your real thoughts, warts and all. I'd champion that. If you go with the scripted response with formal debates about what is and what is not then I'd most likely draw away very quickly, like a thief in the night...

Frankly, I'm not too impressed with those who malign the "little I" as it is a reflection of the "larger identity", swaying to and fro in the cosmic Lila.

One thing while I sit, is thinking that those amazing timeless moments within the Eternal Now, as still happening in their own corner of Reality. Part of me is still basking in the vision of Vishnu and it will never completely fade away... It's all in those eyes...

Yes, I know I am still struggling with this when I shouldn't be, but I don't know how to change that. I was not given the 'Nirvana Survivor Instruction Manual'.

So, am I 'sposed to spend the rest of my life just sitting in a corner 'contemplating my navel' here or what?

When one has reached that state, why can't they just off themselves and take the shortcut? (not that I would do it).

I just cannot find any purpose to life anymore.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Fulfill your "dharma" and enjoy the gift of life by God/nature (whatever one believes).
I've just got so much abstruse information inside me, it feels like my brain is just going to explode sometimes...RF is the 'release valve' for this.
Meditation should help. I am not in favor of singling out one deity. Sort of 'Shanmata'. They are all ours. Loving one over the other makes one like Meera - http://www.dhingana.com/hindi/meera-prem-diwani-songs-devotional-326e7d1 - a little unbalanced. Monotheistic, a bit fissiparous, like Hare-Krishnas, and that made Madhva and Vallabha say that worshiping Shiva is wrong, worship Krishna. :)

Last edited:

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I do not know/understand what my 'Dharma' is, when according to it, I should be living in seclusion and meditating - 3rd stage.

Tried that...I do meditate for 1-2 hours daily now, but how much more should I do when the end result will be the same?

Who is to tell me what my Dharma is when I cannot be classified according to it?

Even Siva refuses to speak of it.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Fulfill your "dharma" and enjoy the gift of life by God/nature (whatever one believes).Meditation should help. I am not in favor of singling out one deity. Sort of 'Shanmata'. They are all ours. Loving one over the other makes one like Meera - Meera Prem Diwani songs, download MP3 songs free - Hindi Devotional - Dhingana Music - a little unbalanced. Monotheistic, a bit fissiparous, like Hare-Krishnas, and that made Madhva and Vallabha say that worshiping Shiva is wrong, worship Krishna. :)
The problem with that is, I cannot muster up even one iota of love for Sri Krishna, so worshiping Him would make me the biggest hypocrite ever (been there, done that).

I'll try supplication to Kali Ma again though. Thanks.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yes, I know I am still struggling with this when I shouldn't be, but I don't know how to change that. I was not given the 'Nirvana Survivor Instruction Manual'.

So, am I 'sposed to spend the rest of my life just sitting in a corner 'contemplating my navel' here or what?

When one has reached that state, why can't they just off themselves and take the shortcut? (not that I would do it).

I just cannot find any purpose to life anymore.
When one is no longer in the territory, maps are of little help and therefore one must blaze their own trail. You have encountered me, so that is saying something. :beach:

I wholeheartedly agree about the no manual available for after the event. "Shielding your aura for Dummies" or "The Idiot's guide to the Eternal Now"... would have been helpful. I'm not sure what to say other than to reiterate an idea I picked up in the 70's and that is to live each moment on Earth AS IF it was your last moment on Earth. It really helps to focus and make things count. It even helps me to find the words to say or the most suitable action to perform.

Like all of us, you came here with a unique part of the puzzle. It's up to you to determine how you show that uniqueness. So far, I think you're doing great and can only encourage you to forsake despair. If it was all easy, it wouldn't mean crap.

*gets down off soapbox*

*tucks said box neatly under the keyboard*

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
You have encountered me, so that is saying something. :beach:

Like all of us, you came here with a unique part of the puzzle. It's up to you to determine how you show that uniqueness. So far, I think you're doing great and can only encourage you to forsake despair.
Thank you! I really needed to hear that from somebody and I'm so glad I encountered you. I think all I need is a little support and encouragement from something that's not omnipotent.

You showed me that Guru is all around me and Siva confirmed this.

*mutters something about 'state specificity'.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Mahākāla

I just wish the 'Eternal Now' wasn't so bloody long! :(

It's a case of 'dancing with the devil' - at your own risk.

So it's all well and good to slow down your thoughts, residing in the immeasurable space between them...until one gets behind the wheel of their car and drives.

Stopping at a set of traffic lights...and they never change you know?

So one laments "I have been sitting here for almost 3 minutes now, what gives?" to which your concerned passenger replies "rubbish! it's only been 30 seconds, stop exaggerating".

The whole world appears as if it's being played in slo-mo.

When one needs time to do stuff, it is great...time management soars and you'll have oodles of it.

When one is not doing anything important, or one is in a hurry, time just drags on...and on...

Last edited:

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I understand now!!!

I never knew this before, until I looked up how is it that one can exist in both despair and enlightenment simultaneously...wow! just....wow! THIS IS IT:

Dark Night of the Soul

Now, I can go and have a good cry because I finally found out how this can possibly be.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I understand now!!!

I never knew this before, until I looked up how is it that one can exist in both despair and enlightenment simultaneously...wow! just....wow! THIS IS IT:

Dark Night of the Soul

Now, I can go and have a good cry because I finally found out how this can possibly be.
I'm such a sucker for any chance to post a video by Rammstein

Enjoy...

[youtube]T5FoDLjoxBM[/youtube]
Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt - Piano version Clip [Official] - YouTube

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I do not know/understand what my 'Dharma' is, when according to it, I should be living in seclusion and meditating - 3rd stage.

Tried that...I do meditate for 1-2 hours daily now, but how much more should I do when the end result will be the same?
3rd stage is for advising young people. If you think long meditation does not benefit you then there is no need to do it. But the most important thing is maintaining the body. The rest comes only after that. I do not meditate at all now, my meditation is discussions on forums. Thanks to RF.

NobodyYouKnow said:
The problem with that is, I cannot muster up even one iota of love for Sri Krishna, so worshiping Him would make me the biggest hypocrite ever (been there, done that). I'll try supplication to Kali Ma again though. Thanks.
My way does not necessarily need to be your way. Do it your way.
I never knew this before, until I looked up how is it that one can exist in both despair and enlightenment simultaneously...wow! just....wow!
But IMHO, this is not how it should be.

Last edited:

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I'm just totally full of love for my Lord Siva right now. Every day, in every way He just reveals Himself more and more....but I know it never ends...I know that. lol

I'm just singing and dancing...

Om Namah Shivay