• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Experiencing God

Sonofason

I believe it takes a lot of faith to listen to a voice but at least going home is not a dangerous enterprise and it turned out the voice knew what was going on. That I would consider prophetic and most likely from God.
Thanks...I agree, whether it was God Himself, or one of His angels...I know God gets the credit for that one.

Muffled

Jesus in me
We have an aim ;To become the most perfect souls with the knowledge from The Purifier: To become the Kings and Queens of Heaven. To inherit the Gardens from Our Beloved Father , The Lord of The Garden.

I believe I am not much for the king and queen part. I am quite happy to be a humble servant. I might even wash a few feet before I am done.

SkepticX

I believe everyone will stand or fall on their own beliefs not on what others have said.
By "stand" and "fall" I gather you mean go to Heaven or go to Hell when we die?

Doesn't it seem rather odd to judge people on the content of their beliefs, particularly to expect them to believe something that isn't supported by sound epistemology--something that requires faith? That kind of turns it into a crap shoot, doesn't it?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Experiencing God

There are three ways of experiencing God:

Sahih International: And it is not for any human being that Allah should speak to him except by revelation or from behind a partition* or that He sends a messenger to reveal, by His permission, what He wills. Indeed, He is Most High and Wise.
The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Translation
*veil
Moses and Muhammad are the examples of the above.
Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
By "stand" and "fall" I gather you mean go to Heaven or go to Hell when we die?

Doesn't it seem rather odd to judge people on the content of their beliefs, particularly to expect them to believe something that isn't supported by sound epistemology--something that requires faith? That kind of turns it into a crap shoot, doesn't it?

I believe it means that the belief will most likely determine outcome. A man who believes he can fly and jumps off a tall building will most likely end up dead.

I believe it makes no sense to think beliefs should be exempt from requiring a sound foundation.

I believe that enters into the judgement.

I believe you are correct. Unsupported things are a crap shoot.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
233851d1388168695t-walmart-canada-playbooks-will-sale-boxing-day-500x1000px-ll-d3c19a7a_7329b4cf_threadnecromancy.jpeg